“The people here make this hotel exceptional!”

Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
AndWhere2Next
“The people here make this hotel exceptional!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel because I weather impacted my travel plans. From the moment I arrived, everyone here has been absolutely incredible - friendly and accommodating. I'm currently mid-stay (I was only intending to stay one night; because of the weather, I'll be staying three nights) and I'd like to report what I'm finding:

1) The staff is awesome. From front desk to house keeping to wait staff to the general manager. Everyone I've encountered has been amazing and friendly. Additionally, people seem to be pitching in to help other areas. For instance, I was at breakfast this morning and a chef walked by. He noticed that my coffee was empty and offered to refill my cup. Little things like this convey to me that there's a team spirit here and that people are genuinely engaged.

2) All areas of the hotel (that I've seen) have been immaculate. From the reception area, to the guest lounge, to the restaurant, to my room. Everything is spotless. Currently, there is a blizzard outside, but all of the floors are spotless - they're really keeping on top of things. I'm a bit of a neat freak so I tend to have a pretty high standard. This hotel has exceeded my expectation.

3) The food has been delicious. Granted, they have a captive audience as there is not much around. If you don't have a car (like many of us stranded passengers), the restaurant in the hotel is pretty decent! They have a great selection of menu items and the kitchen produces quality dishes. Additionally, it's reasonably priced for the area and the situation (i.e. that there are not many other restaurant options in the area).

Given all the above, and the fact that there is a shuttle that runs 24 hours a day (every 30 minutes) to JFK, this is a great choice if you need a hotel close to the airport. Having said that, the hotels *is* close to the airport so you might want to pack earplugs.

I'll absolutely stay here again when I need to fly out of JFK and I'll recommend the hotel to family, friends, and colleagues who fly out of JFK, as well.

To the management and staff of the hotel, I'll say "thank you". I've travelled quite a bit and the service you've delivered is among the best in the industry.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AndWhere2Next
Louis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
We would like to thank you for allowing us an opportunity to provide you with your lodging needs while you were in New York City.

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.

We thank you for recommending it to your Friends and Family and we look forward to welcoming them into our hotel when they come and visit.

Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here during storm-related flight chaos, and paid $228 (AAA rate) and it's worth maybe half that. The rooms are nice looking, with a few nice features like mini-goose neck reading lamps, but the negatives outweigh them. The window was so poorly fitted that the traffic noise made it seem like the window was wide open. The tub didn't hold water well (leaky stopper). For the price, there should be a fridge/microwave. Tiny sink in the bath. Sidewalks not shoveled. A lot of noise coming through the door from the hall (not noisy people, just a bad fit on the door). I wouldn't stay here again at this price.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank R C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear R C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Being an IHG Platinum member, I chose this hotel instead of the Crown Plaza. I had missed my connecting flight and had to stay here. I was picked up at federal circle which I didn't have to wait long for the shuttle. The front desk was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and they also had a restaurant on the 1st floor. It was a easy relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Louis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
On behalf of all Employees of the Holiday Inn Hotel at JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in New York City. I’m sorry to hear that you missed your connecting flight, but I was happy to hear that we could be of service during your time of need. We realize there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. We will use your feedback to help us improve the levels of service we provide all our guest in the future.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was quite disappointed with my recent stay. Rude staff and the property being considerably off-site from JFK makes an unpleasant stay. Shuttle is unreliable and unpredictable. Workers have an attitude and seem to not care. Disappointed since this is a Holiday Inn property and I am Platinum,.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheSteveZ
On behalf of all Employees of the Holiday Inn Hotel at JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in New York City. We realize there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. We will use your feedback to help us improve the levels of service we provide all our guest in the future.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the experience you encountered with our Staff and the shuttle service. Our shuttle is on a schedule and required to be punctual. I will be sure to address this issue with our Drivers and Front Desk Agents.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have to start by saying, I had a great stay at this hotel for the New Year holiday! I was pleasantly surprised as to how modern and how clean the rooms were. The housekeeping staff was so friendly and very helpful. I also loved the restaurant on the 1st floor called the Landing. I had breakfast there every morning and the food was awesome! One night we purchased a bottle of wine from the bar and it was delish! The only downfall with staying at this hotel is that it ia not near any trains, so you have to have a vehicle to get to the city. The location is kinda industrial, and you don't have that NYC experience. But I would recommend staying here. I really enjoyed me stay!!

• Stayed December 2013
Louis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this review, 20 January 2014

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us during the Holidays.

Port Antonio, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We arrived from the airport in the wee hours of the morning and needed somewhere to stay for the night.

The front desk agents were friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Nancy.

The hotel is new so the rooms are clean and modern. My children immensely enjoyed the complimentary WiFi.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

We were happy to hear that you were able to take a short walk to the nearby restaurants and shops.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel was nice and new. Great deals. The on site restaurant was a little high priced though.
The house keeping needs to do better than what they are doing. Overall the hotel staff is friendly and helpful.Also I found it very helpful that there were restaurants in walking distance behind the hotel. . Just work on house keeping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ana14805

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us during your stay.

we have discussed your feedback with our Housekeeping Staff and we all work harder to ensure your satisfaction upon your return.