I am staying at this hotel because I weather impacted my travel plans. From the moment I arrived, everyone here has been absolutely incredible - friendly and accommodating. I'm currently mid-stay (I was only intending to stay one night; because of the weather, I'll be staying three nights) and I'd like to report what I'm finding:
1) The staff is awesome. From front desk to house keeping to wait staff to the general manager. Everyone I've encountered has been amazing and friendly. Additionally, people seem to be pitching in to help other areas. For instance, I was at breakfast this morning and a chef walked by. He noticed that my coffee was empty and offered to refill my cup. Little things like this convey to me that there's a team spirit here and that people are genuinely engaged.
2) All areas of the hotel (that I've seen) have been immaculate. From the reception area, to the guest lounge, to the restaurant, to my room. Everything is spotless. Currently, there is a blizzard outside, but all of the floors are spotless - they're really keeping on top of things. I'm a bit of a neat freak so I tend to have a pretty high standard. This hotel has exceeded my expectation.
3) The food has been delicious. Granted, they have a captive audience as there is not much around. If you don't have a car (like many of us stranded passengers), the restaurant in the hotel is pretty decent! They have a great selection of menu items and the kitchen produces quality dishes. Additionally, it's reasonably priced for the area and the situation (i.e. that there are not many other restaurant options in the area).
Given all the above, and the fact that there is a shuttle that runs 24 hours a day (every 30 minutes) to JFK, this is a great choice if you need a hotel close to the airport. Having said that, the hotels *is* close to the airport so you might want to pack earplugs.
I'll absolutely stay here again when I need to fly out of JFK and I'll recommend the hotel to family, friends, and colleagues who fly out of JFK, as well.
To the management and staff of the hotel, I'll say "thank you". I've travelled quite a bit and the service you've delivered is among the best in the industry.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotel.de, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area Jamaica