“Good clean hotel for delay at airport”

Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nice hotel close to airport. Room was neat and clean. Food from restaurant was decent. Had to send back hamburger to be cooked more, but staff was very nice about it, even offered me a soda while I was waiting. Exercise center was not great. Only three machines and one not working. Internet connection was not great. Would stay again if needed place convenient to airport.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear RoadTripsNewEngland,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the fitness center. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our fight was diverted from JFK and when we finally did land there and missed our connecting flight and the one after it so the airline put us up here. Wasn't expecting much, (after all it's a Holiday Inn) but was very pleasantly surprised. This hotel is new opened November 2013. Rooms are very nice a little on the small side but what hotels in NYC aren't. Has a great restaurant as we've been stuck here for a day and have dinner, breakfast, and lunch. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. Manager Ali was especially helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Louis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

We would like to thank you for allowing us an opportunity to provide you with your lodging needs while you were in New York City.

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.

I have shared your comments with Ali at the Front desk.

Louis

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I am staying at this hotel because I weather impacted my travel plans. From the moment I arrived, everyone here has been absolutely incredible - friendly and accommodating. I'm currently mid-stay (I was only intending to stay one night; because of the weather, I'll be staying three nights) and I'd like to report what I'm finding:

1) The staff is awesome. From front desk to house keeping to wait staff to the general manager. Everyone I've encountered has been amazing and friendly. Additionally, people seem to be pitching in to help other areas. For instance, I was at breakfast this morning and a chef walked by. He noticed that my coffee was empty and offered to refill my cup. Little things like this convey to me that there's a team spirit here and that people are genuinely engaged.

2) All areas of the hotel (that I've seen) have been immaculate. From the reception area, to the guest lounge, to the restaurant, to my room. Everything is spotless. Currently, there is a blizzard outside, but all of the floors are spotless - they're really keeping on top of things. I'm a bit of a neat freak so I tend to have a pretty high standard. This hotel has exceeded my expectation.

3) The food has been delicious. Granted, they have a captive audience as there is not much around. If you don't have a car (like many of us stranded passengers), the restaurant in the hotel is pretty decent! They have a great selection of menu items and the kitchen produces quality dishes. Additionally, it's reasonably priced for the area and the situation (i.e. that there are not many other restaurant options in the area).

Given all the above, and the fact that there is a shuttle that runs 24 hours a day (every 30 minutes) to JFK, this is a great choice if you need a hotel close to the airport. Having said that, the hotels *is* close to the airport so you might want to pack earplugs.

I'll absolutely stay here again when I need to fly out of JFK and I'll recommend the hotel to family, friends, and colleagues who fly out of JFK, as well.

To the management and staff of the hotel, I'll say "thank you". I've travelled quite a bit and the service you've delivered is among the best in the industry.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AndWhere2Next

We thank you for recommending it to your Friends and Family and we look forward to welcoming them into our hotel when they come and visit.

Louis

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Had to stay here during storm-related flight chaos, and paid $228 (AAA rate) and it's worth maybe half that. The rooms are nice looking, with a few nice features like mini-goose neck reading lamps, but the negatives outweigh them. The window was so poorly fitted that the traffic noise made it seem like the window was wide open. The tub didn't hold water well (leaky stopper). For the price, there should be a fridge/microwave. Tiny sink in the bath. Sidewalks not shoveled. A lot of noise coming through the door from the hall (not noisy people, just a bad fit on the door). I wouldn't stay here again at this price.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank R C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear R C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Being an IHG Platinum member, I chose this hotel instead of the Crown Plaza. I had missed my connecting flight and had to stay here. I was picked up at federal circle which I didn't have to wait long for the shuttle. The front desk was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and they also had a restaurant on the 1st floor. It was a easy relaxing stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Louis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

On behalf of all Employees of the Holiday Inn Hotel at JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in New York City. I’m sorry to hear that you missed your connecting flight, but I was happy to hear that we could be of service during your time of need. We realize there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. We will use your feedback to help us improve the levels of service we provide all our guest in the future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was quite disappointed with my recent stay. Rude staff and the property being considerably off-site from JFK makes an unpleasant stay. Shuttle is unreliable and unpredictable. Workers have an attitude and seem to not care. Disappointed since this is a Holiday Inn property and I am Platinum,.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheSteveZ

On behalf of all Employees of the Holiday Inn Hotel at JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in New York City. We realize there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. We will use your feedback to help us improve the levels of service we provide all our guest in the future.

Please accept my sincerest apology for the experience you encountered with our Staff and the shuttle service. Our shuttle is on a schedule and required to be punctual. I will be sure to address this issue with our Drivers and Front Desk Agents.

Louis Gonzalez

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have to start by saying, I had a great stay at this hotel for the New Year holiday! I was pleasantly surprised as to how modern and how clean the rooms were. The housekeeping staff was so friendly and very helpful. I also loved the restaurant on the 1st floor called the Landing. I had breakfast there every morning and the food was awesome! One night we purchased a bottle of wine from the bar and it was delish! The only downfall with staying at this hotel is that it ia not near any trains, so you have to have a vehicle to get to the city. The location is kinda industrial, and you don't have that NYC experience. But I would recommend staying here. I really enjoyed me stay!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Louis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us during the Holidays.

Louis Gonzalez