“Great service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had a flight out of JFK canceled very late at night. Not trusting Delta to book me into a decent hotel, and realizing they booked the entire flight in the same hotel, I opted to make my own arrangements and go to a different hotel. I made the reservation around 11:30 pm online and arrived almost at 1 am. Took the air train to Federal Circle and looked for the hotel courtesy phone as they instruct on their website, but I could not find one. So I called them and they said there was a shuttle already outside (you can't see the pick up spot from inside the station). I went outside and was told I missed it, but 5 min. later another came. Once I arrived at the hotel the front desk was exceptional Dajuan checked me in and was very friendly and understanding about my circumstances, even at 1 am. since my bag was checked, Delta couldn't or wouldn't give me my bag so I had nothing other than the amenities kit Delta gave me. What I really needed was contact solution and holder for the night but the lobby pantry didn't have any in stock. Just at that moment Nick came out of the back office and heard my dilemma. I had been up since 5:30 am the previous day and needed to take my contacts out for the night. Nick ran out to his car and came back with a small bottle of solution and a contact case that he happened to have in his car. He told me that I could keep them and I was very grateful and relieved. The hotel itself is very nice, looks newly updated. The rooms are standard Garden Inn fare. The room I had was very small but I was only spending a few hours in it and it was still nice. The bed was ridiculously comfortable. The next morning the hotel shuttle takes you right to your terminal. Overall a great last minute stay in a difficult circumstance which was made all the better by Nick and DaJuan. Incredible customer service at this hotel and the price was pretty good as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sade B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
WOW! Thank you so much for the great review. DaJuan & Nick are great associates and Ill be sure to share your great feedback with the entire team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our "to go" place on trips abroad. We love to park ourselves in this hotel when coming into JFK late. The management and staff take such good care of you. Staff is so friendly and caring. Don't miss saying hello to Vinnie, who takes care of the breakfast service and is a breath of fresh air. He will make sure you get just what you want.

Room Tip: Select as room away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide you with an extraordinary experience during your stay, and I am so thrilled that we delieverd that to you. I hope that if your travel needs ever bring you back to the Queens JFK area you give us another chance. Ill be sure to share your great comments with Vinnie.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel was chosen by price but we got so much more! After missing our connection we had to spend the night, hotel staff was amazing and hooked us up with free laundry services and recommendations for some great NY Pizza that delivered. Rooms were clean and quiet, shuttle service was prompt and the staff was top notch!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review. We strive to provide you with a clean and friendly place to stay while you are away from home, and I am so happy that we provided that to you. The pizza place is one of our favorites.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Had one night here on an overnight layover. Friendly staff, fast room service, comfortable room. Make sure if you take a cab that they know where it is. Can be a little tricky finding the exit from the highway. Would stay here again. Free shuttle to the airport was a nice touch.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pete0301
Thank you for the review. We are thrilled that your overall experience was positive.
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed at another nearby place with a VERY similar name and paid almost the same for it, but what a better experience here (at the Hilton G I) Modern, comfy decor in Lobby and rooms made us feel chic. Staff was awesome. Transportation punctual. TV and channels great. Quality all around at a competitive price. Who could ask for more?!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Radames P
Thank you so much for the great review. We hope that if your travel needs ever bring you to the Queens JFK area that you choose to stay with us.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

very helpful staff, close to airport and transportation was quick and easy, great help with transportation into the city of New York. Tips on where to eat and what to see with a very short time available to us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Wow...what lovely feedback.
I'm glad to know we exceeded your expecations.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Queens JFK!!!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

After a dismal experience at another JFK airport hotel, my husband and I decided to spend a few dollars more and stay here instead. What a pleasant surprise. We pulled up in our rental car and were enveloped by tasty soul music wafting through the air and a cadre of smiling employees. Once inside the lobby, the music changed to classic alternative and we noticed the nicely appointed retro-modern decor and diverse assortment of youngish clientele, chatting and milling about.

Though we had a room reserved, we were offered a couple of other options by the gracious desk manager...a clear sign this place was out to please. We stuck with our original room and couldn't have been happier - spacious, super clean and tastefully decorated. It also had even, bright lighting in the bathroom (a must for any woman trying to put her make-up on for a 7am departure the next morning!).

We needed a late night bite, so we ordered some soup and a quesadilla in the lobby restaurant. There was a bit of a snafu with our order but, once again, the gracious desk manager took care of it AND gave us a voucher for breakfast...classy move.

When we got back to our room and turned on the TV, we discovered the reception was not only top notch, but there was a multitude of channels to choose from, which made me a very happy camper. The next morning, breakfast service was fast & friendly, and the made-to-order omelet, delicious. The shuttle bus picked us up at 7:30am sharp and got us to the airport in short order.

We would definitely stay here again, and feel confident recommending this hotel to anyone passing through.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
WOW! What a fabulous review. At the Hilton Garden Inn Queens JFK we strive to provide you with a clean and friendly place to stay while you are away from home, and I am thrilled that we provided that to you. We look forward to seeing you in a future stay!