“Good stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newark, New Jersey
“Good stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Pleasant stay for our over night layover. Not much in the area but conveniently located to airport. Would definitely return. Only suggestion would be if guests are paying for breakfast the hot items should also be buffet style. Rather than that everything was great!

Stayed June 2014
Denise R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Queen_Roch,

Thank you for posting your comments, glad everything was great. Look forward to your next layover.

Denise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I want to start off by saying that although the rest of this review may be negative, the staff, including the shuttle drivers, the front desk staff, the breakfast staff and the cleaners were friendly, cheerful and helpful. Great service.

Now for the issues. The website says there is a courtesy phone at Federal Circle station, to request the free shuttle. The courtesy phones are not configured for the Hilton Garden Inn JFK, although you might be confused when you see Garden Inn and Suites on the courtesy phone. So if you don't have a mobile phone, you won't be able to call the hotel shuttle.

When I used my UK mobile to call, very expensive, they said the shuttle comes every 30 minutes. However, the shuttle is shared with and branded as the Sheraton next door. So, unless you call, you will watch the Sheraton shuttle go by every half hour not knowing you can take it to the Hilton.

A web page update would resolve all this hassle.

The hotel common areas are outdated and rundown. On a positive note there seems to be a lot of renovation ongoing so maybe Hilton is going to update the hotel.

The rooms are fine, again just rundown with old carpet and curtains, aged bathroom furnishings, marked and fading walls.

The breakfast was good, hot made-to-order and cold buffet items. And the shuttle dropped me off at my terminal, not federal circle station, which was great!

So...I'd stay here again, I think this Hilton has great staff, so owes it to them to give them a web page and an updated hotel to work with!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NewfieGirl13
Dear NewfieGirl13,

Thank you for your comments. Very happy to hear you enjoyed the entire staff and you received great service. I will certainly address the infomation on our website . Please let me know when you might be back in the area, I will personally inspect your guest room as well. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.

718-322-4448
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night. My flight arrived at midnight, took the train to federal circle to be picked up by hotel shuttle, butvwhen tried calling thechotel from my personal number, this was the message:"I'm sorry, this number is not accepting calls at this time. Incalled reservations at 1.800.560.7843 and I was told they were not able to get in touch with the hotel, neither that they could provide an e-mail and that I should take a taxi. So I had to take the train again to go back to ant tetminal, since taxis are prohibited at federal circle (information provided by airport). After waiting for a long time I was able to find a taxi who charged me 30 dollars.

Once in the hotel, I found a spider in the shower and sheets were the worst, itchy, poor quality. I had to use some of the towels to sleep.

Finally, the hotel booked a taxi for me. The hotel charged 50 dollars for the taxi and the taxi charged me again.

Worst experience ever.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ro F
Dear Ro F,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evole to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropiate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and service. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Denise Rubin
718-322-4448
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a 24 hour layover from Europe so this was a great choice for us. When we arrived, Christian our Guest Service Agent was so excited! We were awarded "Guests of the Day"! A special bag of snacks and water was placed in our room as a reward. A very welcome gift given we still had another leg to our journey. The staff was friendly and attentive from the shuttle driver to the engineer we met in the elevator. The pool was a great way to stretch out after a nine hour flight. The breakfast was good enough to get us back on an airplane towards home. I recommend this hotel in the event you need to be close to JFK.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Earthgoddess2013
Denise R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Earthgoddes,

So happy to hear you were one of our guests of the day and how much you enjoyed your stay. Glad you found the staff friendly and attentive, we look forward to your next layover.

john's creek, GA.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Then you could do worse than this inn. It's clean, the staff are friendly, their small restaurant serves edible food, and the shuttle is available every half-hour.The neighborhood isn't exactly scenic, but that's not what you're there for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear shalmunzies,
Thank you for posting your comments via TripAdvisor. Glad you find the staff friendly and the hotel clean. Hope that we see you again soon the next time you need to stay near JFK.
Thanks Again!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here recently for two nights as we were in town for a nearby family reunion. The bellman was very nice and super helpful and the folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful as well. There were little details about the hotel which caused me to give it an average rating. First, there was a great coffee maker in the room, but all of the coffees they gave us were decaf! When we found someone to help us, they claimed that most people don't want regular coffee which I found less than credible. They had to go dig up regular coffee. Also, a couple treadmills in the gym appeared not to be working properly, there were no cups to get water from the cooler and the sanitary wipe container to wipe down the machines after a workout was empty. In addition, the breakfast was mediocre and overpriced. The air conditioner in our room was also very loud and the temperature was not consistent. If you are staying for a short time this hotel is fine, but don't expect perfection.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JIA-7
Dear JIA-7,
Thank you for posting your comments via TripAdvisor. Glad to hear you felt the staff was friendly and helpful. I am sorry there were some items missing from your room and the fitness center. I would be happy to find out your room name and room number so we can take care of the AC in the room. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 718-322-4448. Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments and hope to see you again soon.

St. George, Bermuda
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Free Wi-Fi is so obvious and sensible for such hotels and I'm glad Hilton worked this out. The internet worked perfectly for me all over the hotel (room, and restaurant). The bar/restaurant is a bit like a dorm cafeteria but the staff are very friendly and efficient and the wings are really good! It' simple and basic but I

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank BermudaPool
Denise R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear BermudaPool,
Thank you for posting your comments via TripAdvisor. Glad the internet worked perfectly for you and you felt the staff was friendly and efficient. Hope to see you again soon!