All reviewsair trainnew yorkjamaica queensfree breakfastbagelssubwaynycjfkarcherairportflightconvenienceconnection
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a tough one. It really depends what you are looking for and what your budget is. First, the "Pro's": Clean, The room is small but well-kept. Bathroom is small but serves its purpose.
Would be better if dressers did not have handles
Nice flat screen tv ( 42")
Refrigerator and coffee maker
Convenient to LIRR, subway, JFK via Air Train.
Breakfast ( cannot review because we didn't partake)
Budget-friendly. Really a good deal compared to staying in Manhattan.
"Cons": Paper thin walls and doors, can hear other guests conversations, in full if you are standing in the hallway. Listened to a child FULL OUT screaming from 7am until we left for the day at 10am. Along with the mother yelling for it to "Shut up". Called the front desk and was told they couldn't do anything about it. Mentioned it again upon checkout and the young lady said there was nothing they could do about it.
Neighborhood seems "sketchy" but is almost abandoned after 10pm ( when we came back from our day). Was my daughter and myself and we felt fine walking back.
Seems like an odd location, no other hotels around.
Air conditioning unit turns on and off often and is disturbing if you are a light sleeper
All-in-all, it depends on what you are looking for and what you can afford. I liked the fact that I didn't have to pay a taxi to get us in and out of the city in traffic. ( Taking the LIRR to and from is relaxing and no stop and go, just a few other stations in between), Cost $7 each way
Get to and from JFK on Air Train, again, no taxi, no traffic.
There were a total of 8 rooms on our floor, don't know if all floors are the same. So, it is not a luxury hotel.....more like moderate accommodations. But, we'd rather spend our money on shopping, food and shows. So, for us, it was fine. If you spend a lot of time in your room, it is not for you. If you just need a clean place to sleep, then I'd recommend.

Room Tip: Clean, serves it's purpose. Depends what you are looking for. Priced right
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara Z
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for one night after arriving at JFK on a late night flight. It is easy to get to via the Air Train and about 2 to 3 blocks walk from the subway. No need for a taxi if traveling light. The staff desk clerk was helpful and breakfast was included in the price. The room was rather small but OK if staying one night. (It would be very cramped with a lot of luggage though). It was clean. The price was reasonable too. I would definitely recommend it if using it for an JFK airport stopover.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelley B
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is not bad either. Conveniently located nearby the Subway station and the train to JFK airport, it is a perfect choice for those who want to avoid the ridiculous prices from Manhattan hotels, and will stay in NY for a short stay.
The staff is very helpful, but the breakfest is not good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rdelfino
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Rarely do I ever experience staying at a hotel that fulfills all 3-5 points of my own hotel criteria; Affordable Price, friendly/efficient customer service, FREE breakfast, Spacious, clean room AND bathroom, and even near to public transportation. The hotel's manager, Mr. Patel was hospitable and welcoming and so was the young Latina staff member at the front desk. Overall, they made our time there pleasantly memorable and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't mind staying in Queens and especially for those who need a convenient location 10 min. from the airport. In all fairness, the only two setbacks that I'm obligated to mention would be that there's no hotel parking lot so finding parking everyday in a "sketchy" area was "challenging". Also, there's no shuttle bus service provided to/fro the airport. In my opinion, minor hiccups compared to the wonderful hospitality my family & I received. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel is a nice place to stay when you need to be close to JFK airport. Excellent staff, clean and spacious rooms, big TV. Two blocks away from Jamaica Station. (JFK Airtrain) Breakfast included, reasonable prices. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014