All reviewsair trainnew yorkjamaica queensfree breakfastbagelssubwaynycjfkarcherairportflightconvenienceconnection
Reviewed 19 December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way to Italy and on the way back instead of completing connecting flights from Florida to Italy in one day.
The convenience of this location plus the free shuttle service is a plus. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were decent and clean. They had a great list of take out menus to order from with free delivery from each restaurant.
I would stay here again! Thank you!

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2017

This place should be closed. The management, if you can call it that, are the lowest form of people that I have ever dealt with. They cancelled our reservation and scammed us into paying more (almost twice the amount) saying our credit card was rejected. No such inquiry to our CC company was ever made. Apparently this is a recurring scam with this place. They would not honor the original price quoted. They also wanted do charge us by the hour for letting into our room early. They also tried to insist that we pay by cash and not credit card. Breakfast was supposed to included but they made up a lame excuse that it had forgotten to be ordered, also a recurring lie. Lobby was a mess with boxes all over the place. These con artists should not be allowed to stay in business. Wyndham (Owners of Howard Johnson's) needs to investigate this place. I can't say enough negative things about this hotel. You'd be better off sleeping under an overpass.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank al48701
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My reservation was cancelled 10 days prior to my arrival via an email letter saying that it was cancelled at my request. I did not cancel the reservation! Unfortunately, due to travel I was not able to contact the hotel until the morning of my reservation. Vikas told me that the reservation was cancelled due to my credit card was declined. He said there was still a room available but it would be $220 (my original rate was $127). When I asked if there was a AAA rare, he said he could give me a room for $200 that included breakfast. I contacted my credit card company and they said there was no attempt of a charge by this hotel. In addition, I had been using this credit card with no issues at other businesses. When we arrived at the hotel, he requested us to pay in cash, which we refused. Then when we asked if our room was ready yet, he said we could check in early for $10 an hour. What??! When we protested, he said our room would be ready in 15-20 minutes (magically?). The next morning we stopped by the front desk to ask where breakfast was and Kumar told us they "forgot to order the food or it wasn't delivered" (he wasn't sure). Seriously?! Other reviewers have mentioned these shady tactics and I am not sure why Wyndham has not addressed these issues. I opened a complaint with Wyndham customer service and am waiting to see if and how it is resolved. I feel that at the very least they should honor our original room rate plus offer a credit for no breakfast. Although from priori reviews I am not sure we missed out on much with the breakfast. The only good thing about this hotel is the location near JFK AirTran, however the neighborhood does not seem safe enough to be out at night. All in all I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maryanne C
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The person in charge of the breakfast was very rude, the room was partly dirty and the place was very noisy. People and hotel employees shouting in the middle of the night in the hallways made it impossible to have a good night sleep and the front desk gave us the wrong checkout and beeakfast time. This should not be a Howard J. franchise.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple