“Ok hotel, poor staff!”

Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
“Ok hotel, poor staff!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Our room was clean with a nice big bed and the hotel was very close to the airport which made it great for a late night arrival. The hotel was rather noisy during the night and early morning but this was the guests and probably not any fault of the hotel itself. Breakfast was very basic, but it was something to fill the gap until reaching town to get something decent.
We booked this hotel on a non-refundable basis and after our booking I repeatedly e-mailed the hotel to find out the situation regarding the free shuttle from the airport. The website states that it is a free 24 hour shuttle but I was not sure if the shuttle was sent out on request at any time of the day/night to fetch a customer or if it just ran continuously at specific times. I have still not had any response from them (now after my trip) as to the frequency of the shuttle!!! If I made a refundable booking I would have cancelled due to their lack of response which left me unsure if we would be fetched from the airport late at night, and if so then when!!! I kind of got the impression that once they have your non-refundable booking then they just don't care anymore!

1 Thank Genises
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Genesis,

I am truly sorry for any miscommunication. Our shuttle services do run 24 hours per day. There is a courtesy phone at Federal Circle and we do shuttle pick ups every 20 minutes. We also provide drop offs to the airport terminals every hours. Again, my apologies. Thank you.

Regional Assistant General Manager
t-718-977-2100
jgupte@mrhotelgroup.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here for an overnight before flying out of JFK. The night desk manager, Keshwar, was incredibly helpful to us, and we were able to leave on our trip without worry about a problem with our vehicle during our absence. Overall, the hotel was very nice, comfortable bed, complimentary breakfast, and perfect for our needs. I recommend highly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear ND,

Thank you for your kind words that made us cry!!! We are very touched that you shared your experience with Keshwar as all of us and Keshwar love interacting with guests such as you.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!!!!

t=718-527-9032
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Pros: Staff seemed nice. Bed was comfortable. Free internet.
Cons: Everything else. This was like trying to sleep in a bus station. I don't know what's going on in this place, but all night long the doors were slamming, people talking loudly in the hallway, thuds all around as if someone was moving furniture. Maybe people were having sex, but if so, it was the sort that causes tables to fall over and chairs to collapse. I had to cut the water to the toilet, as it ran all night. The phone rang at 1am, waking me up. When I tried to check the messages, I found 12 of them, dating back to January. Called front desk, and was told the message system didn't work. Breakfast over at 9am, which is about when I finally fell asleep. This is one of the noisiest places I've ever stayed, and that's saying something. Avoid.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dudeinhammock

Travellers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for an over night layover and loved it !! I was able to get an early check in with no additional cost. My only complaint will have to be the size of the rooms. They are a bit small but if your faniliar with NY hotels thats not surprising.the rooms are clean and well maintained. There is nothing within walkin distance but there Is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to federal circle at JFK where you can then take a train into the city or other points of interest. I had a great short stay !!

• Stayed September 2012
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear DJackson111,

It put a everlasting smile on all our faces after reading about your recent stay at The Days Inn JFK. We loved having you with us. When our guests take the time and share their experience, we really appreciate it.

Please know that you are a member of the Days Inn JFK family and realizing that Rhode Island is not too far, we hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you once again.

t-718-527-9032
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel was just right for me when I got stuck for a night at JFK. Great free (tips for driver optional) shuttle to and from the airport. I paid a bit more for late check out but I thought this place offered good value for the money. I liked that the room had a bathtub too. All was perfectly clean and the staff was nice.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear Il Bargellino,

Your kind words is music to our years. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience at the Days Inn JFK. We know Florencia is a but far from us but know that you can always count on us as being a home away from home. Thank you once again.

t-718-527-9032
Santee, California
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The room is small but for the Asians the size is good. The most important thing for us is the cleanliness of the room and toilet, bed linens and towels smells fresh. Continental breakfast is good enough to start the day. For coffee and tea lovers they are available 24 hours in the dining. .Front desk staff Akash, Shahshi and another staff are very accommodating. Especially Akash who is very helpful in sorting out my booking problems with NYC tour company., Shuttle bus is always on time, JFK air train is a good transport to go to NYC subway and other parts of NYC. Next time we go to NYC will be staying there again.

2 Thank Cynthia C
jaidevg, Manager at Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Cynthia C,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at the Days Inn JFK. We really appreciate your kind words.

Realizing that we are not in the City, we do everything we can to make the trip into Manhattan as convenient as possible with our 24/7 Shuttle service.

Akash, Shahsi and the rest of us cannot wait to welcome you back to you home away from home.
Please feel free to contact me at anytime for any assistance for your future reservations Thank you once again.

t-718-977-2100