“Best Hotel in the Hood”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is the secong hotel I have stayed at in Jamaica, NY (Queens area). The first one was the Hilton Garden Inn and that was maybe a rating of 3. But, this Hilton was pretty nifty.

The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel staff was very kind and accomodating. When I asked for a quieter room, they gladly changed it for me. They have a decent gift shop and a starbucks right when you get off the elevator and near the front doors which is convenient.

CABLE: They have a shuttle bus that takes picks you up from the airport and takes you to the airport. They have HBO and SHOwtime; Most hotels only have HBO.

Room Service: The room service was great, including the food quality and the staff. The fruit platters are so fresh and delicious with a great variety of sliced fruit. One night I forgot to order water, and then the staff brought back 2 bottles of water at no charge and I did not even ask.

WIFI: Free Wifi was great and I am a Silver member. Some Hiltons will not give you free Wifi unless you are a Gold member.

All in all it was a very nice stay and I will definitely stay there again if I go back to that area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Dawn H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and the kind words about our facilities and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with the tripadvisor community. It sounds like we will be welcoming you back in the near future?!

Gerald Loughran

There are newer reviews for Hilton New York JFK

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed here for our early flight at JFK. We had to get up at 2 am. I woke up by two women's high pitch speaking voices over my head after midnight. I thought they were in the hall, but apparently they were our next door neighbors over my pillow. I lost my sleep and could not go back to sleep. With the price we paid, it is unacceptable!! How thin the walls are here!! Also, we had to eat at the restaurant in the hotel since there aren't much around. The service was very slow and the food are bad..the worst restaurant food I remember I had something called, "Asian Chicken Salad"....rather expensive for the quality of the food and service. Only reason we booked this hotel was for "park and fly." I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband & I just returned from a nine-day trip in China, and we were so thrilled to be served by Dana at the Hilton JFK bar...she was a delight, and makes the best Bombay sapphire martini anywhere! She welcomed us with a smile and made us feel right at home. Great service like that is what makes people want to come back...thanks so much, Dana, for making our welcome home dinner so nice!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tiffany O,

Thank you so much for your kind words and great review of our hotel. Dana is absolutly wonderful and she truly "gets it" and I am glad that you recognized her in this forum. We will make sure to recognize her efforts as well. Come back and see us again soon!

Gerald Loughran - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Elevators were broken. One down, and the card reader wasn't working on the other, preventing us from being able to gain access to the club level floor. Front desk staff couldn't be bothered to find out why instead generating new keys despite multiple guests pointing out that only one elevator had a broken reader. Carpet between the workout area and main lobby is turning black with dirt or mold. Breakfast at club lounge consisted of bagels and cereal. There were no hot dishes, only envelopes of instant oatmeal. Rooms are good, location and shuttle are convenient, but the overall execution is lacking.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 988John
Reviewed 20 April 2013

One should be very careful about the billing.
I was charged a fake amount towards some dinner which I never had. When I brought this to the attention of front desk. I was told that the person who can take out the charges will come next day after I would have left. I had to contact that person later after I left the country. When I contacted that person, she apologised to give credit but despite promise and apology, nothing happened. I had to struggle hard to get the credit.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Hello Omsarita,

I have just received your comments to Hilton regarding the erroneous charges to your credit card while staying here, and I want to first apologize as that never should have happened (another guest had inadvertently wrote their room # as yours...) , as well I do show that our accounting office has since refunded your card last week on 4/17.

Should you have any troubles seeing this credit, please let me know and I can send you through a statement showing the credit so that your bank can speed up the process.

Thank you and again I am sorry for the delay.

Gerald Loughran I Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Spent 2 nights this past week at Hilton, couldn't wait to share my experience - hotel is really nice, beds comfy, but the problem was with the air conditioning unit. When it came on, it was so incredibly loud I had to turn the TV up to level 60 to hear. All okay until the air clicked off when it got to temperature, the TV was then blaring - sleep was non existant. Called front desk to let them know they sent up maintenance, who after getting dressed at midnight to let them in, they said, they know about problem, nothing they could do, besides move me to another room which will have same problem. They tried to make me happy I guess with offer of free breakfast, by the next morning, all I wanted to do was get out. Please fix the noise levels!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had used this hotel once on my trip to new york but my last stay gave me the most lasting impression. I stayed a night with my family because we were travelling the following day.however, hot water wouldnt run when we were preparing to leave. It was really important we had hot water becos, it was a cold morning and i had two kids(1month old baby & 2year old boy) so using cold water wasnt an option. However, we received great support from the hotel staff-Ivy. Ivy manually boiled water for my kids and brought iht to our room. And to cap it all up, we were fully refunded our money when we were leaving becos of the inconveniences caused!!! Honestly, this suprised me.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton