“Pleasant stay.”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Bakersfield, California
“Pleasant stay.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great hotel near JFK. Bar and meal service very good. Bed comfortable with good pillows. Coffee maker in room. WiFi available for a fee. Above average Hilton hotel in my opinion.
Downside was shuttle. Called twice for pickup. The Hilton Garden Inn bus passed by 3 times before Hilton bus arrived.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm glad to know the hotel met your expecations and hopefully my Team made your stay a memorable visit.
My sincere apology for the shuttle delay.....your feedback is appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Limited vegetarian options but great flavor for in room dining. The breakfast had many options but the quality was poor. Lousy coffee, hot food not hot and the bakery items were very dry. The staff were lovely and pleasant. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a great size for our family of 3. Hotel shuttle from JFK took forever to get to the hotel but drop off the next morning was quick and right to the departure check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Whitesboro, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

overall experience was very good on each of my stays. The hotel is convenient to the airport and is safe and secure. The bar has a nice selection and if you are a Hilton Honors member with access to the executive lounge it is one of the best I have been in as far as service is concerned, the style is not the best.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I used this hotel as needed close to the airport.
Nice hotel, but good only for those who will soon use JFK.
restaurants are not located nearby. Only at the hotel
Far away from all the attractions. Has a shuttle to the airport)

Room Tip: if you need to be close to the airport
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Spent one night at Hilton JFK Hotel on 10/02/2013 due to a very early morning flight the next day.

To my fellow NewYorkers - take the Q40 which will stop across from the hotel (last stop) (instead of spending $5 for the AirTrain and $2.50 for the subway). I did not know about that stop so I took the AirTrain. Look that information up at mta.info. You will need the E train to Sutphin/Archer/Airport Station.

I got to the airport (Federal Circle Station) and called the Hotel to send me the shuttle which it immediately did. The driver was very courteous.

Checked in and the clerk was very nice. Received information as to breakfast, dinner, and shuttle service. The restaurant is very expensive but the pizza and mashed potatoes were very good.

The room was very clean although it was a double room which I dislike due to space - - but it was a smoking room so it was perfect after all. The a/c blower was very loud and annoying.

The closet door was locked but I reported it at check-out. For only one night it did not matter to me.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I first thought that I would not write this, but even after a month I just had to come back.

We travelled with two small kids, flight was 2,5 hrs late so our mood was probably not the best one, but still:

1. The front desk staff was just strange. The lady made almost no eye contact with me. I had to ask when breakfast is served and at what hour the shuttle bus leaves.

2. There was no bottled water in the room, which I found a little strange especially when the mini bar was empty. I don't want to give NYC tap water to my small kids. I learned that the mini bars are only filled in the "executive rooms".

3. We got to our rooms at midnight and we were starving. According to the guide in the room there would be some sandwich and snacks available at the front desk during the night (12-5 am, or something like that). Great! So I call the front desk only to find that all the food has been "sold out". We were offered a menu to a close by pizza place but decided not to order anything.

4. The breakfast was open until 11am and we arrived at 10:45. The breakfast was OK (although supply was very small) and the guy serving us was nice. Something really strange happened by the buffet tables. We caught two waiters discussing about a person who was obese and who had his teeth pulled out due to the obesity. I couldn't believe I was hearing this at a Hilton hotel and next to the place where I'm eating. I thought I was never gonna write about this but I just had to.

Bottom line is: it felt like almost everything was wrong during our visit. The big picture was fine: the room was clean and the bed was nice. The details were out of place and due to that, I don't think I'll return. Unfortunately.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Arrived after a long light, excellent welcome - room was an average bulk standard Hilton. Given great advise from the check in desk the following morning (directions to Manhattan) - as the air train was non operational.
The executive lounge breakfast was above average - the staff outstanding.
Ah the pool - yes indeed - nice pool, very poorly managed. The pool should be for for the customers, sorry if it is inconvenient for the attendants - who on sequential days all seemed to be studying and eating their lunches - and opening external doors with very high winds blowing - very poor indeed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple