“Would not stay again”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
orlando
“Would not stay again”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Currently at the Hilton JFK for one night. Would not stay again. Heat did not work in room. First call they tried to reset it. Second call no response until I called for a 3rd time and they decided to move us. Heat in any room exceptionally loud. I am a Hilton Gold member and a Marriott Platinum member and travel a great deal. Worst noise level I have ever had. Also customer service through this issue not great. Executive lounge has nice staff but cocktail hour very little there so I would not bother. I would try elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would stay elsewhere
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please except my sincere apology for the heating issue. Your comments are invaluable in assisting the hotel to address issues for future improvement.
Hopefully you'll allow the Hilton JFK another opportunity to be your choice of lodging in the future.
Again, "thank you" and my genuine apology.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for one night for which the hotel was fine and would stay there again. The staff upon arrival were friendly and checked us in promptly. The room was large and the bed was comfy so we had a good nights sleep. In the morning we had breakfast in bed which was very tasty.

The only negative point was waiting for the shuttle bus when we arrived at JKF, it was late in the evening and very cold with no sign of the bus. There were a number of people waiting and after a 20 minutes the bus finally arrived.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for the valued feedback.
My sincere apology for the shuttle delay, however the shuttle runs every 30 minutes which is fairly common for most airport hotels. Going forward, I will certainly evaluate the demand and consider any opportunity to improve our service.
My Team and I "thank you" for choosing the Hilton JFK and hope to see you back in the near future.
All the best for a safe holiday!!!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed one night on an airline layover on November 21. Hotel had a few issues...check-in was quite slow, with several attendants behind the counter doing I'm not sure what. AC in room was excessively loud, and woke me up every time it cycled on.

On the very positive side, the server at the bar was fabulous. Her name was Dana. She was very friendly, made everyone feel at home, and was more than helpful everyone she was asked for or about something. I don't recall ever having better bar service. It really felt like being in a family setting. I look forward to seeing her next time.

Tom,
Hope all is well and you made it home safely to Dallas.
I appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconveniences. During check-in, the hotel Team was in the process of upgrading our internal systems, which will improve the process going forward.....again, my sincere apology for the delay.
It pleases me so much knowing that one of my Team Members made your stay feel "almost" like home which is one of our key objectives.....again, I'm glad to know we exceeded your expecation.
Thank you and hope to see you back in the near future.
Kochi
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A very pleasant over night stay ... impressed with the Hotel cleanliness and restaurant offerings for breakfast was elaborate.

Both staff and service is very pleasant.

the Wifi was slow in the lobby.

overall a good hotel for transit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Mathew,
Thank you for your valued feedback!
I'm very pleased to know the hotel meet your expecations and enjoyed the "true spirit" of hospitality from the Hilton Team.
All the best for a safe holiday and hope to see you back in the future.
Pembroke Pines, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had a great stay and for the purpose of what I came for, it was convenient. However, to get to nicer areas to relax, I had to travel a way in to mid town Manhattan and other areas. Overall I would recommend this hotel for business.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Janice,
Thank you for sharing your valued feedback.
I agree, the hotel is in an excellent location when doing business in the New York JFK / Queens market. Although convenient to the airport and mass transient, you will find that most airport hotels are slightly furthur away from mid-town markets.
My Team and I are pleased to know you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you back in the near future!!!
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Best stay ever...ever person I came into contact with treated me like family. ..I come to the hilton when I am in NY...housekeeping is attentive to your needs...the front desk is very friendly. ..I just want to say I enjoyed my stay.............................

..............................

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience!
My Team and I are pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations.
Looking forward to your safe return soon.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The JFK Hilton is fine for a night, convenient and easy to stay in, but overpriced for anything longer. Hotel/airport transfer service is slightly awkward: if you don't have the phone number you just have to wait for a shuttle to turn up.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I agree, the hotel has an excellent location, superior food & beverage options and ample parking. I appreciate the shuttle service feedback and will certainly evaluate the issue for future improvement.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton New York JFK.