“Great place to be stuck for a day. ”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We missed a flight out of JFK and were delayed for 24hrs. Spent the time here and had a wonderful time. The people were great - every one of them. Friendly, helpful and generous. Front desk,restaurant, custodians all had smiles on their face and welcoming banter. Didn't use rem but the fitness and business centers looked useful. Free coffee all day and cookies in the evening. Highly recommended if you need a place to stay near JFK

Stayed: November 2013
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Jake,
Sorry to hear that your missed your flight but happy to know you choose the Hilton JFK to be your 24 hour "home away from home". I'm extremely pleased to know my Team made your stay a memorable one and delivered the true spirit of hospitality. As the General Manager I couldn't ask for a better staff of dedicated Team Members.
Hope you made it home safe and hopefully you'll keep us in mind on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Hilton New York JFK

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We are always worried about "overnight" hotels but we found this Hilton to be very good. Reception, service in the bar/restaurant, and the food could not be bettered although prices were typical NY.
The large bedroom looked newly decorated and the usual lovely Hilton bed and amenities were to hand..
I echo some previous reviews...the a/c fan on heat was very noisy.
The airtrain from T7 was two stops away from the hotel shuttle pickup. We only had to wait about ten minutes for the shuttle (which runs every half hour through 24 hours). The shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour and half past the hour.

Room Tip: If possible, inspect your room and listen to the air conditioning fan...there might be some quiet on...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience.
I agree, the hotel has an excellent location and certainly convenient to the airport. I"m glad to know we met your expecations and made your stay a memorable visit. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and hopefully we'll see you back in the future.
All the best for a joyous holiday season from the Hilton JFK Team!!!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Currently at the Hilton JFK for one night. Would not stay again. Heat did not work in room. First call they tried to reset it. Second call no response until I called for a 3rd time and they decided to move us. Heat in any room exceptionally loud. I am a Hilton Gold member and a Marriott Platinum member and travel a great deal. Worst noise level I have ever had. Also customer service through this issue not great. Executive lounge has nice staff but cocktail hour very little there so I would not bother. I would try elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Please except my sincere apology for the heating issue. Your comments are invaluable in assisting the hotel to address issues for future improvement.
Hopefully you'll allow the Hilton JFK another opportunity to be your choice of lodging in the future.
Again, "thank you" and my genuine apology.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here for one night for which the hotel was fine and would stay there again. The staff upon arrival were friendly and checked us in promptly. The room was large and the bed was comfy so we had a good nights sleep. In the morning we had breakfast in bed which was very tasty.

The only negative point was waiting for the shuttle bus when we arrived at JKF, it was late in the evening and very cold with no sign of the bus. There were a number of people waiting and after a 20 minutes the bus finally arrived.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for the valued feedback.
My sincere apology for the shuttle delay, however the shuttle runs every 30 minutes which is fairly common for most airport hotels. Going forward, I will certainly evaluate the demand and consider any opportunity to improve our service.
My Team and I "thank you" for choosing the Hilton JFK and hope to see you back in the near future.
All the best for a safe holiday!!!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed one night on an airline layover on November 21. Hotel had a few issues...check-in was quite slow, with several attendants behind the counter doing I'm not sure what. AC in room was excessively loud, and woke me up every time it cycled on.

On the very positive side, the server at the bar was fabulous. Her name was Dana. She was very friendly, made everyone feel at home, and was more than helpful everyone she was asked for or about something. I don't recall ever having better bar service. It really felt like being in a family setting. I look forward to seeing her next time.

Tom,
Hope all is well and you made it home safely to Dallas.
I appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconveniences. During check-in, the hotel Team was in the process of upgrading our internal systems, which will improve the process going forward.....again, my sincere apology for the delay.
It pleases me so much knowing that one of my Team Members made your stay feel "almost" like home which is one of our key objectives.....again, I'm glad to know we exceeded your expecation.
Thank you and hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

A very pleasant over night stay ... impressed with the Hotel cleanliness and restaurant offerings for breakfast was elaborate.

Both staff and service is very pleasant.

the Wifi was slow in the lobby.

overall a good hotel for transit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Mathew,
Thank you for your valued feedback!
I'm very pleased to know the hotel meet your expecations and enjoyed the "true spirit" of hospitality from the Hilton Team.
All the best for a safe holiday and hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had a great stay and for the purpose of what I came for, it was convenient. However, to get to nicer areas to relax, I had to travel a way in to mid town Manhattan and other areas. Overall I would recommend this hotel for business.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Janice,
Thank you for sharing your valued feedback.
I agree, the hotel is in an excellent location when doing business in the New York JFK / Queens market. Although convenient to the airport and mass transient, you will find that most airport hotels are slightly furthur away from mid-town markets.
My Team and I are pleased to know you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you back in the near future!!!