“Adrienne”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Boston, Massachusetts
“Adrienne”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Adrienne at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating for a weary traveler. I was having trouble with the internet but with Adrienne's help, the problem was remedied quickly and effectively. Recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Elmo,
Hope all is well up in Boston!!!
I'm glad to know Adrienne was able to resolve your issue.....she is one of many dedicated Hilton Team Members that understand the true values of hospitality.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and hope to see you back sometime this year!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Great Hotel to stay at. Was near to the airport and transport was offered. Free internet in the lobby was great as I could relax and still use the internet. The rooms were great loved it. The tea and coffee provided was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience!!!
I'm pleased to know the Hilton JFK exceeded your expectations and made a memorable impression.
Please keep us in mind on your return visit and best wishes for a successful New Year!
Orinda, California
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Not cheap for a day stay, but really worked out great. We flew from ABQ to JFK on a red eye and had a 15 hour layover before our flight to Venice. We were tired of course and the shuttle from JFK is not exactly convenient. However, the room was clean, we were able to sleep and breakfast was decent. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hilton JFK as your layover "home away from home" before heading to Venice.....hope you had a great time and made it home safely.
I'm glad to know we met your expecations and hopefully my Team Members made a memorable impression during your stay.
The ultimate compliment is knowing you'll return!!!
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at the JFK airport Hilton from Dec 30th to Jan 1st. I was shocked to find that the room they gave us, a suite, had dirty towels and trash from the last guest. I called and they brought up more towels. By this time, I realized that our room (831) was freezing. It was only 62 degrees inside. With our two young children, the last thing we wanted was for them to be cold. I again called guest services who said they would send the engineer. I waited 15 minutes and called again. At this point, We have to put back on our jackets. All we wanted to do was get to our room shower, and go to bed. But we couldn't shower, it is simply too cold. After a third call, the engineer showed up and said he had to "reset" the machine on the roof. He did, and the heat came on. Then he warned me that this might happen again. It did. Twice more in the night I had to call the desk and have them reset it. Each time, the engineer felt compelled to knock on our door to be sure we had heat. That is fine at 5:00pm when we first saw the engineer, but it is not good at midnight or 5:20 AM, the other two times I had to call. Throughout our stay, the heat never would last more than one cycle. We had to turn it up to 75 degrees, get him to reset it, then enjoy the heat while it lasted. I called more than 10 times to have the engineer "reset" our unit. When I told the front desk about the issue, they told me they where aware of it and that it mainly affected the heat in the suites. They said the company that was suppose to fix the unit would not come until January 2nd. To make matters worse our room was missing a curtain in the living room area. This meant the lights of the airport illuminated the room the children slept in all night long. Also, we discovered our refrigerator was broken after putting food in it to discover a puddle underneath the next day. Apparently, the compressor died and all the ice had melted, soaking our food and wetting the floor. The pool was only open for a few hours a day. The entire reason we chose the hotel was the hilton name and the pool.

I have stayed lots of times in Hiltons. I have, prior to this, always had a great stay and a good night's sleep. We paid $916 for a 2 night stay that was absolutely terrible. I was not offered another room or a discount on our room by either manager I spoke to

Room Tip: Don't book here. Look for another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank doug w
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Doug,
Hope you and your family had a safe flight back to Hawaii.
Please except my genuine apology for not meeting your expectations. I'm truly sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your recent visit. Although all the mention issues have been corrected, your comments are invaluable in helpng me and my Team Members identify opportunities for improvement.
Again, my sincere apology and hopefully you'll consider us to be your choice of lodging in the future.
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 8 January 2014

in this day and age it amazes me that quality hotels do not offer internet services. It's like not providing toilet paper. Utterly incomprehensible. For Americans with 3G it's not a problem. But for travelers who need to turn off their smart phones to avoid exorbitant roaming fees, it's no good. Being without connection to the outside world just isn't the thing anymore, especially at a hotel that is used as an overnight refuge between flights!

Aside from that MAJOR snag I liked they stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped me get a cab to take me into Brooklyn and back. Driver was a nice guy. The room was a good size, bed was big and comfy, bathroom very clean and spacious with good toiletries and everything I would want. Could have stayed a lot longer there. Also, we desperately needed the restaurant after a long flight. The manu was was good, service fine and food portions large.

Everything looked very modern, comfortable and clean, both the room, bathroom and public spaces. It's not inexpensive, and I would have been perfectly happy if I had had wifi. For a short overnight stay there was no time to sample the pool or the spa, but the shuttle service was highly appreciated. Recommend it, but beware of unreasonable internet charges.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience and hope you had a safe journey back to Iceland.
I appreciate the favorable feedback and hopefully on your next visit you can stay longer and enjoy all the great amenities the Hilton JFK has to offer.
My apology for not meeting your Wi-Fi expecation, however that may change in the near future.
Again, my genuine "thank you" and all the best for a safe and healthy New Year!!!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our connection from JFK was cancelled so we had to spend the night and fly the next day. Decided to spend the extra money on a hotel with a restaurant and pool. What a mistake! The hotel restaurant had horrible service, it took a long time and they never brought all we asked for after repeated reminders. I specifically called to confirm the pool was open and was told it was only to find it closed when we got there. Kids ended up watching movies and staying in the room using internet we had to pay for. Definitely save your money, there are many hotels around at half the price.

• Stayed January 2014
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Happy New Year and hope you made it back to Rochester safely.
I appreciate the valued feedback and apologize for falling short of your expecations.
I'm proud of the fine / consistant job the restaurant team does to make all guest feel welcome, however, your comments are invaluable in helping me identify opportunities for future improvement. Our saltwater pool is seasonal and operates on limited hours (3pm - 9pm), again, my apology for not meeting your needs.
Hopefully we'll see you back in the future and "thank you" for choosing Hilton.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were flying Boston to Kuala Lumpur by way of New York. We decided to overnight in NY in order to take our long flights well rested the next morning. The Hilton was the perfect stopover! Staff were really nice and friendly, our room was big and comfy and immaculate. We got in-room dining that was punctual and delicious and had a great rest. The next morning the shuttle was on time and left us at our terminal within 15minutes. I highly recommend The Hilton at JFK for a stopover or any business you want to do in NY.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Ibis,
Thank you for the lovely feedback!!!
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expecations and made your visit to New York a memorable one. I can't agree more, the hotel has an excellent (and quiet) location.....perfect for an early morning flight out of JFK.
Glad to know you made it home safe!!!