“Great Location, Pleasant Rooms, Mostly Superb Staff”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Location, Pleasant Rooms, Mostly Superb Staff”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here with a last-minute booking after a canceled flight. I was a bit concerned at first when the shuttle driver expected the passengers to open the bus door themselves since the automatic opener wasn't working, however the front desk staff was very welcoming and accommodating, particularly with such a short-notice arrival. The executive floor was well appointed and offered spacious rooms. The building was very quiet and had great climate control and bathroom amenities. It's definitely a property worth looking into!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Jet Guy...thank you for sharing your recent experience.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and enjoyed one of our best features....the Executive Floor. Please except my sincere apology for the shuttle door issue, it's amazing how the cold weather has effected some of our shuttle mechanicals.
Again, my sincere "thank you". Hope to see you back sometime this year!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
Swampscott, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is review of Hilton’s Restaurant, not hotel itself. We stayed next door in Hampton Inn and were happy with this. Hilton connected to Hamptons by walkway and it was recommended as only option for dinner. Between “Grilled Chicken” for $23 that actually was boiled, dry and under salted and $18 severely overcooked hamburger we did not have a good dinner. It is a bad food and extremely overpriced.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for coming over from our neighboring Hampton Inn.
I appreciate the valued feedback and sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations, however, I'm very disappointed that none of my Team Members didn't offer to correct the issues during your dining experience. If they were addressed (which I assume they were not), I can guarentee you would of left completely satisfied. Based on the many Tripadvisor reviews, our restaurant has always had favorable comments and consistant food quality.
Again, my genuine apology and please allow us another opportunity to be your choice of dining when in the JFK area.
London
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed in this property because I had a very early flight out and this was a good option nearby. All JFK hotels are at a similar distance from the terminals, typically about a 20 minute drive.
-Customer service was very good with a super efficient check-in and check-out process.
- The complimentary shuttle is very conveniet and is frequent enough that it should work for most schedules.
- In the room I couldn't figure out how to shut the curtains but this was perhaps my own fatigue rather than a design flaw? I forgot to ask the staff.
- Some rooms face out onto a busy street below which may be annoying for some. It didn't bother me.
- What did bother me was extremely jovial guests in the room next door and corridor outside. Not much the hotel could do about them though, save perhaps for better sound-proofing of adjoining walls and doors?

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room facing the back if traffic noise is likely to bother you (rooms are double-gl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Cyba,
Thank you for sharing your experience!
My Team and I appreciate the valued feedback and apologize for any uncontrollable noise. The hotel is usually quiet since we are not located in any of the flight patterns, however, at times, there are some guest that arrive and depart at various hours of the night due to staggered flights. The darkening drapes are located behind the valances, sorry for the inconvenience.
Again, "thank you" for your valued loyality and hope to see you back in the near future!!!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Normally I stay in the city of Manhattan, but due to an early flight out of JFK I booked one night at this hotel. I was Hoping for a quiet night of sleep,but luckily for me it turned out to be such a fun, and very memorable night.

My husband and I went down to the bar just to have a drink before bed, but thanks to the bartender (Dana) we had a great time that had us leaving feeling very welcomeled, entertianed, and felling like family.

She took excellent care of us, making sure we were well fed, well "hydrated", and absolutely loved! We will most DEFINETLY be back to experience this again... especially to see Dana.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience....and "thank you" for choosing the Hilton JFK versus the Hilton Manhattan. Our hotel is certainly close enough to the airport so making your flight "on time" is a sure bet. As General Manager, nothing pleases me more than knowing that one of my Team Members made a memorable impression and made you feel like family.
Thank you for your valued loyality and hope to see you back in the near future!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The Hilton New York JFK goes beyond expectations, with customer service being their strong suit. I stay in the area quite frequently, and the JFK Hilton provides the best service of all the airport hotels around. You will find that the rooms are clean (and not to mention spacious for New York area), the fridges in all the rooms make traveling much more pleasurable, but most importantly the staff are friendly and make you feel like you are at a "home away from home". Ask for a room on the side of the building with a view of the airport and bring a bathing suit for a swim in the heated pool. Dining in the restaurant is convenient for travelers as well. I will definitely be there and hope to see you there soon.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor room with less A/C noise, and request a view of the airport.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sherri R
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Sherri,
Hope your surviving the unexpected snowstorm in Atlanta......being in the North, we certainly understand what your going through.
My sincere "thank you" for taking the time to share your experience. My Team and I truly appreciate the lovely comments and value your loyality.
Looking forward to your next visit and please feel free to stop by my office anytime to say hello.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel is a little pricey, but everyone who works there was very very nice, especially Brian, the bartender. He was very attentive, making sure we had everything we need and he was very entertaining. The staff made our stay very pleasant and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The airport side of the hotel is a great view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hey Staten Island....."thank you" for sharing your experience!!!
Yes, Brian is one of the many dedicated Team Members that can deliver not only superior service but can leave a memorable impression. I'm glad you had a great visit and enjoyed the airport view, however on the opposite side of the hotel, you do have a view of Manhattan...so it comes down to preference (I would choose the airport side).
Again, "thank you" for the valued feedback and hope to see you back in the future!!!
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Just wanted to take the time to say how the staff at this hotel consistently delivers excellent custom service. I stay at this hotel 2-5 times a month and they're always always very accommodating and always go well beyond what is expected of them. Hudson at the check-in desk and Dana in the bar have that extra personal touch that can't be taught. You either have it or you don't. That's not to overlook the rest of the staff at the check-in desk and the bar either. They ALL have consistently delivered a genuineness and warmth that is unusual in customer service these days. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Christopher,
Wow......what genuine comments.
I'm pleased to know my Team exceeded your expectations once again!!!
As General Manager, it's warming to know that the Team Members are recognized for their loyal dedication to delivering superior service. Being a repeat guest you get to see how consistant and genuine they can be.
Hope you had a safe journey back to California and please stop by the front desk and ask for me next time your at the hotel.