“Great choice if you are looking for a hotel near the airport!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton New York JFK

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Singapore, Singapore
“Great choice if you are looking for a hotel near the airport!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Overall, we were very happy with this hotel. Customer service was great and the food that came along with our room service was very good. The portions were HUGE though. We struggled to finish half of our massive burger!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments and I hope you had a safe journey back to Singapore.
I agree, my Chef is certainly generous when it comes to delivering culinary value. I'm pleased you enjoyed one of our "Signature Burgers", not sure which one you had but my favorite is the "The New Yorker" topped with pastrami, cole slaw and swiss.
Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I'm pleased to know the Hilton JFK made your lodging experience a memorable one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The JFK Hilton was my second home during the frequenr weather issues that took place in January. Front Desk always amazing, especially dealing with all of the displaced passengers. You made a stressful time of travel enjoyable.

Then there are the folks that make you feel at home. Robert in the Executive Lounge opened the lounge with enthusiasm and great hospitality.

You must make your way to the bar. Dana and Brian make you feel like a guest at home. Take their recommendations,they will not steer you wrong. And Dana will remember your favorite order....she is amazing.

Thank you for the great stays during challenging times.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
John,
I'm pleased to know the Hilton New York JFK was able to exceed your expectations and provide all the warm comforts of home. Robert, Dana and Brian are just a few of the dedicated Team Members that go above and beyond to make sure all guest are treated as family.
I hope you made it home safely and please keep us in mind on your return visit to New York.
Again, thank you for the valued feedback and all the best for a successful year!
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My name is Barbara, Steve and I stayed at your hotel Jan. 31st – Feb.3rd for Super Bowl Weekend.
When the Seattle Seahawks made it to the Superbowl, we were fortunate enough to receive tickets thru our season ticket holder account. We immediately started working on our travel plans which included calling Hilton reservations to get a room. Unfortunately at that time your hotel was booked. I opted to contact Hotels.com and asked for a 3 or 4 star hotel that was close to JFK airport. I have never been to New York so I was not familiar with the area, but our flights landed us at midnight Friday the 31st and flew us out at 8am Monday the 3rd, so I knew we needed to be close.

When we arrived I gave our cab driver the address and we pulled up in front of hotel in the " heart" of Jamaica Queens………ya, I wouldn't get out of the car. If that hotel had a 1/2 a star it's because someone stole it.
I directly the driver to take us back to JFK, now it was an hour later and we were beat from flying all day. I called 800 Hilton, as I had passed your hotel on the way there to see if by chance you had an open room. The reservationist booked my room and gave me the direct line. I called and Errol answered, I told him thru tears what had happened and asked if he saw my reservation. He assured me it had just come thru and told me all I had to do was get to the shuttle area and he'd have us picked up, and said when I got there, he'd take good care of me.

When I arrived he had a huge smile and told me I was going to have a great weekend. He offered us a great rate, and gave me a complimentary wifi pass. Told me how to get to the subway, where to go down town for Super bowl activities and on and on.

The next day Steve and I followed his plan and had a fabulous day, seeing more sites and places than I thought possible. Which included a random meeting with a man at the Carnegie Deli, who after having lunch with him, offered us his extra VIP passes for the NFL sponsored Tailgate Party!!
When we arrived Sat. after midnight and the doors opened…….there was Errol (seriously with arms outstretched) saying "How's my girl tonight?!!!"
I told him all we did and thanked him again for his suggestions.

That morning I asked for the manager and also mentioned to him about Errol's excellent customer service.

Sunday night we crawled back in again about midnight, after our Seahawks Win, and there was "my guy" he was doing the arms up in the air dance about our victory and I headed right over to him at the desk.
With a huge grin he set a big basket of nuts and pretzels and chocolates and treats on the counter and pushed it over to me. Steve just laughed and shook his head. Errol had put together this little basket for me. Along with a Hilton Stationary Card that he had scanned the Seahawks logo and SuperBowl logo onto. With a lovely handwritten note congratulating us and saying he hoped we had a wonderful time in New York and thanked us for staying at his Hilton!

Are you kidding me? This employee of yours has gone over and above. I have told everyone, that I have been in contact with this past week. Bronco fans on the plane, American Airlines staff, random people at the San Francisco Airport, my entire staff and friends. I will be posting this letter on Facebook along with encouraging all of my 350+ friends to "like" the Hilton Hotel page. I will also be posting something on Trip Advisor as well.
As I'm am now starting to travel more than I used to. Hilton Hotels will now be my 'go to'.

I want to thank you for the wonderful experience we had last weekend. And encourage you to do a little something for my guy! He absolutely turned my first impression of New York completely around and I left just thrilled to have made that call Friday night.

Steve and I both run large companies and are in the Customer Service business, he's the CEO of a restaurant chain, and I own 42 Salons. We know how important it is to hear positive feedback and what that can do for a company.

Your Front Desk at JFK Hilton has an excellent face with Errol. This guy ought to be training staff across the region how to treat the guests. Hands down this was the best hotel experience this girl has had.

Thank you very much!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Barbara B
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Barbara,
Wow, what an experience and certainly one you'll never forget.
What more can I say but "thank you" for sharing this....Errol is certainly one of many Team Members that know how to make guest feel welcomed and valued......this is a true example of dedication and knowing how to turn a bad situation into a good one. I'm pleased to know he did all the right steps to make your visit safe and memorable.
What more can I say other than a huge New York "THANK YOU"!!!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I travel quite a bit for work and find the bar tenders at this Hilton to be outstanding. Both Brian and Dana always great you with a smile and make the dining experience a real joy. They make you feel so welcome, as though you've been going there for years. Great job! Cheers!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul S
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Paul,
Thank you for the fine comments.
I agree, Dana and Brian certainly know how to make you feel at home.
Our Team goal is to make all guest feel welcome and extra special.
I appreciate your loyalty and please feel free to ask for me on your next visit so I may personally "thank you".
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here with a last-minute booking after a canceled flight. I was a bit concerned at first when the shuttle driver expected the passengers to open the bus door themselves since the automatic opener wasn't working, however the front desk staff was very welcoming and accommodating, particularly with such a short-notice arrival. The executive floor was well appointed and offered spacious rooms. The building was very quiet and had great climate control and bathroom amenities. It's definitely a property worth looking into!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Jet Guy...thank you for sharing your recent experience.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and enjoyed one of our best features....the Executive Floor. Please except my sincere apology for the shuttle door issue, it's amazing how the cold weather has effected some of our shuttle mechanicals.
Again, my sincere "thank you". Hope to see you back sometime this year!!!
Swampscott, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is review of Hilton’s Restaurant, not hotel itself. We stayed next door in Hampton Inn and were happy with this. Hilton connected to Hamptons by walkway and it was recommended as only option for dinner. Between “Grilled Chicken” for $23 that actually was boiled, dry and under salted and $18 severely overcooked hamburger we did not have a good dinner. It is a bad food and extremely overpriced.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for coming over from our neighboring Hampton Inn.
I appreciate the valued feedback and sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations, however, I'm very disappointed that none of my Team Members didn't offer to correct the issues during your dining experience. If they were addressed (which I assume they were not), I can guarentee you would of left completely satisfied. Based on the many Tripadvisor reviews, our restaurant has always had favorable comments and consistant food quality.
Again, my genuine apology and please allow us another opportunity to be your choice of dining when in the JFK area.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed in this property because I had a very early flight out and this was a good option nearby. All JFK hotels are at a similar distance from the terminals, typically about a 20 minute drive.
-Customer service was very good with a super efficient check-in and check-out process.
- The complimentary shuttle is very conveniet and is frequent enough that it should work for most schedules.
- In the room I couldn't figure out how to shut the curtains but this was perhaps my own fatigue rather than a design flaw? I forgot to ask the staff.
- Some rooms face out onto a busy street below which may be annoying for some. It didn't bother me.
- What did bother me was extremely jovial guests in the room next door and corridor outside. Not much the hotel could do about them though, save perhaps for better sound-proofing of adjoining walls and doors?

Room Tip: I'd ask for a room facing the back if traffic noise is likely to bother you (rooms are double-gl...