“Pleased” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Long Island, United States
“Pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I felt very welcomed from the time I came into the hotel and there was a manager greeting me and directing me to the desk. Shirly assisted me in checking in and was very helpful in giving me the directions and locations of local shopping. The entire stay was great and I was extremely pleased.

1 Thank Hilda H
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hilda,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and enjoyed all the lovely features of the Hilton JFK.
Please keep us in mind on your return visit and feel free to stop by my office to say "hello".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night at the beginning of February 2014. Location for the airport was good and shuttle service was excellent. Hotel room was a good size. Hotel was not as clean as I thought it would be, carpets outside rooms not hoovered. No concierge service available, staff were unable to help us to book a visit to 911 memorial, she had to google it and then was unable to help. We asked if we could get a train, and was told you can but its easier to take a cab for $65. The taxi driver was fantastic and gave us detailed back ground of NYC. We asked for a late check out as our flight was not until 1030pm, we were told we would have to pay $100 even though the room was still available and staff knew we would be in NYC tip 6pm. Instead we checked out at 9am after arriving at 9pm the night before! so basically dinner and bed! The restaurant is extremely over priced!! and unfortunately the food we had was tasteless! We couldn't believe the difference from 2 airport hotels, the renaissance in Atlanta (fantastic) and the hilton in NYC (poor). And finally, as we didn't have a room to sit around in, we sat on the sofas by the television and my husband fell asleep! He was rudely woken by the lady supervisor wearing a navy suit and asked if he was ok and said this is a restaurant not a room to sleep in!!!! She was extremely rude! our night of stay was Friday 7th Feb and the rude supervisor was on duty the evening of Saturday 8th Feb. I would never stay at this hotel again. You ruined my first trip to NYC.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Diane,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton JFK and sharing your valued feedback.
Please except my sincere apology for any inconveniences you and your husband experienced.
Your comments are certainly invaluable in helping to identify opportunities for improvement while assisting us in creating the ideal customer service experience.
Again, "thank you" and hopefully you'll allow us another opportunity to be your choice of lodging in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My co-workers and I stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and went to the Hilton JFK Restaurant 144 every night for dinner. The food was great and the staff was extremely friendly. Our bartender Dana remembered us after the first night and set us up with our "usual" drinks when we arrived. She was friendly and knowledgeable about anything and everything we could have asked about both the food, area, and amenities. When we were not able to sit at the bar both waitresses we had were delightful and the service was truly remarkable. They remembered our faces and greeted us when we arrived each day. This restaurant staff gets an A+ and I will surely return when business brings me back to the Brooklyn Area.

1 Thank Jeff D
Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I can't agree more....Restaurant 144 has some excellent talent and I'm pleased you had an opportunity to experience it. Dana is one of many dedicated Team Members that truely understand the importance of genuine customer service. Our Team Goal is to make sure all guest feel special and welcomed.
Next time, please consider the Hilton JFK as your choice of lodging and feel free to stop by the front office to say "hello".
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Hotel location was perfect; lobby, restaurant and other common areas were well-maintained. Room was much roomier than most in that area and was visually appealing. Only issue with the room was the shower - the drain was severely clogged. By the time I got the water to a nice temperature, I was standing in 2 inches of water. I then had to turn the water off and let it drain because it was starting to spill onto the bathroom floor.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Melanie L
Melanie,
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
I appreciate the genuine comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Please except my sincere apology for the clogged drain, this is why valuable feedback is so important, it allows us to identify opportunities for future improvement.
Overall, the Hilton JFK Team "thanks you" for choosing us to be your home away from home.
Clementon, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

This Hilton is conveniently located next to JFK Airport in NY. The staff is friendly and courteous. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. I was very pleased with all aspects of our stay. The food we ordered was served promptly and was delicious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Virginia,
Thank you for sharing your valued feedback.
My Team and I truely appreciate knowing we exceeded your expectations and made your visit a memorable one. Hopefully we'll see you back in the near future!!!
Again, a warm genuine "thank you" from the Hilton JFK Team!!!
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Certainly not much to wow you about this place, except for maybe feeling amazed at how little trouble the architects took to make the place look pleasing - pretty normal for an airport hotel to be ugly, I guess, this place no exception

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback.
My apologies if you felt the hotel was boring and wasn't any different from the others, however, hopefully the Team Members made a favorable impression.
We recently completed a $20 million dollar renovation and feel our product is one of the best in the JFK market, again, my sincere apology if we didn't meet your expectations.
Allyn, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

With all the weather related delays this winter on the East Coast, I was very pleased to have the opportunity to stay at the Hilton JFK. The hotel is quite modern, but still very nice and efficient. Check in was very pleasant with the staff making sure that we had everything we needed for our night stay. Room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely make this the hotel of choice if we ever needed one near JFK.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Jan,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and made a memorable impression. Traveling is never pleasant but you can always count on the Hilton JFK to be your second "home away from home".
If you ever get stuck again, please keep us in mind.
All the best for a healthy year!!!