“Bar staff is amazing!!!”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Ghent, New York
“Bar staff is amazing!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am currently staying in your hotel for an extended period of time due to work. Brian and Karyn are both amazing bartenders and it is a pleasure to eat and drink while they are working. Fast service and always very pleasant no matter how slow or busy it may be at times. They deserve a huge thank you for everything they do.

1 Thank Zach M
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Zach,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased to know Karyn and Brian made your bar experience memorable and amazing!!!They are just a few of the JFK Team Members that are dedicated in making our guest feel at home. Our goal is to focus on quality and service while having fun......in which you did.
Looking forward to having you back soon!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Miramar Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I chose the JFK Hilton for the location. I had an early flight the next day. And very rarely do I comment on "hotel" food. But this Hilton was great. I had some of the best chicken soup I've ever had and the salmon was really nice. So if you happen to need stay here, you don't have to venture out to find a great meal. And Dana the bartender is the best!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank USShredder
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
My Team and I appreciate the valued feedback!!!
I'm glad we were able to convince you that not all "hotel" dining is mediocre. I can proudly say, the Hilton JFK Culinary Team is dedicated and focused on exceeding the taste buds of all guest. I'm pleased Dana was one of many Team Members that made your visit enjoyable and memorable.
"Thank you" and safe travels.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was my 50th stay at this location. There was a fruit plate and a bottle of wine in my room. I was suprised and felt valued as a frequent guest! Luis and Ali always greet me by name at the front desk and Dana and Margery make the resturant/bar home away from home. Rooms are great, the staff makes this a place to visit and stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cyrus N
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Cyrus,
I'm pleased to know the Hilton JFK Team went above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one. Our primary goal is to make sure all guest feel welcomed and special occassions are celebrated...such as your 50th stay!!!
My Team and I truely appreciate the dedicated loyality and "thank you" for choosing our hotel.
Your business is certainly valued and looking forward to your 100th stay!!!
Long Island, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I felt very welcomed from the time I came into the hotel and there was a manager greeting me and directing me to the desk. Shirly assisted me in checking in and was very helpful in giving me the directions and locations of local shopping. The entire stay was great and I was extremely pleased.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Hilda H
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hilda,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and enjoyed all the lovely features of the Hilton JFK.
Please keep us in mind on your return visit and feel free to stop by my office to say "hello".
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night at the beginning of February 2014. Location for the airport was good and shuttle service was excellent. Hotel room was a good size. Hotel was not as clean as I thought it would be, carpets outside rooms not hoovered. No concierge service available, staff were unable to help us to book a visit to 911 memorial, she had to google it and then was unable to help. We asked if we could get a train, and was told you can but its easier to take a cab for $65. The taxi driver was fantastic and gave us detailed back ground of NYC. We asked for a late check out as our flight was not until 1030pm, we were told we would have to pay $100 even though the room was still available and staff knew we would be in NYC tip 6pm. Instead we checked out at 9am after arriving at 9pm the night before! so basically dinner and bed! The restaurant is extremely over priced!! and unfortunately the food we had was tasteless! We couldn't believe the difference from 2 airport hotels, the renaissance in Atlanta (fantastic) and the hilton in NYC (poor). And finally, as we didn't have a room to sit around in, we sat on the sofas by the television and my husband fell asleep! He was rudely woken by the lady supervisor wearing a navy suit and asked if he was ok and said this is a restaurant not a room to sleep in!!!! She was extremely rude! our night of stay was Friday 7th Feb and the rude supervisor was on duty the evening of Saturday 8th Feb. I would never stay at this hotel again. You ruined my first trip to NYC.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Diane,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton JFK and sharing your valued feedback.
Please except my sincere apology for any inconveniences you and your husband experienced.
Your comments are certainly invaluable in helping to identify opportunities for improvement while assisting us in creating the ideal customer service experience.
Again, "thank you" and hopefully you'll allow us another opportunity to be your choice of lodging in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My co-workers and I stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and went to the Hilton JFK Restaurant 144 every night for dinner. The food was great and the staff was extremely friendly. Our bartender Dana remembered us after the first night and set us up with our "usual" drinks when we arrived. She was friendly and knowledgeable about anything and everything we could have asked about both the food, area, and amenities. When we were not able to sit at the bar both waitresses we had were delightful and the service was truly remarkable. They remembered our faces and greeted us when we arrived each day. This restaurant staff gets an A+ and I will surely return when business brings me back to the Brooklyn Area.

1 Thank Jeff D
Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I can't agree more....Restaurant 144 has some excellent talent and I'm pleased you had an opportunity to experience it. Dana is one of many dedicated Team Members that truely understand the importance of genuine customer service. Our Team Goal is to make sure all guest feel special and welcomed.
Next time, please consider the Hilton JFK as your choice of lodging and feel free to stop by the front office to say "hello".
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Hotel location was perfect; lobby, restaurant and other common areas were well-maintained. Room was much roomier than most in that area and was visually appealing. Only issue with the room was the shower - the drain was severely clogged. By the time I got the water to a nice temperature, I was standing in 2 inches of water. I then had to turn the water off and let it drain because it was starting to spill onto the bathroom floor.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Melanie L
Melanie,
Thank you for sharing your feedback.
I appreciate the genuine comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Please except my sincere apology for the clogged drain, this is why valuable feedback is so important, it allows us to identify opportunities for future improvement.
Overall, the Hilton JFK Team "thanks you" for choosing us to be your home away from home.