“Much better than I expected - and efficient shuttle service”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Recent stay was very good. Arrived after long international flight into terminal 7 and took free airtrain to Federal Circle where I called the shuttle.Driver arrived very promptly.
The executive room I booked was on the top (12th) floor and was very clean and comfortable with a nicely renovated bathroom featuring a spacious walk in shower, great quality bedding and towels.
Highlight was the excellent breakfast provided in the executive lounge from 6am with friendly staff and an automatic coffee machine that dispensed great expresso!
Next day I used the regular shuttle (that leaves every half hour) for transfer to my next flight.All very easy.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are on the top floor and are a good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank farawaymum
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello Farawaymum,
Thank you for visiting the Hilton JFK and sharing your valued comments.
I'm pleased we were able to exceed your expectations and make your stay a memorable one.
Your comments are certainly invaluable to me and my dedicated Team Members.
I hope you had a safe journey home and please keep us in mind on your return visit.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My family and I stayed for I might prior to our flight early the next morning. All the staff we met were cordial & accommodating to the best of their ability. We were made comfortable considering it was a one night stay... Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Familycaxa
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased we met your expectations and made your visit pleasant.
Hopefully your next visit to JFK can be a little longer.
Again, "thank you".

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton JFK overnight before flying overseas. The room was fine -- furnishings in pretty good condition, comfortable bed, very quiet soundproof windows (although we did hear noise from the next room through the connecting door -- I recommend asking for a room without a connecting door), and okay but small bathroom. The main reason we chose this hotel was that it has a restaurant which is open all day, compared to some hotels like the Marriott
Courtyard which are open only for breakfast and dinner. The food was actually pretty good. Check-in was fine, and the front desk staff were very friendly. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank InsideScooper
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear InsideScooper........
Thank you for the favorable comments.
I'm delighted to hear that we met your expectations and the Hilton JFK Team made your visit warm and memorable. I'm pleased you enjoyed our full-service food and beverage offerings and loved the food (not bad for an airport hotel?)
I hope you had a safe flight and again, "thank you".

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had 2 rooms for 1 night as we arrived into JFK at 10:30pm. We waited about 10 minutes after calling for the hotel shuttle to pick us up. The front desk was very friendly and gave us all the information we needed and arranged for a private car to take us to visit St John's University the next morning as our 2nd son has been accepted there. We had a quick late dinner & drinks in the restaurant. The burgers were good. Both our rooms were large, clean and nicely furnished. The sheets were of very high quality and were nicer than the sheets in our rooms at The Palace Towers in NYC the rest of the week! It was very quiet. No hotel noise and no airport noise! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for the night if you are flying into our out of JFK. Our son ended up choosing St John's (still can't believe he turned down Hawaii!) so I am sure we will be back in the near future for freshman orientation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RPV5
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for the valued comments.
My team and I are pleased to know we exceeded your every expectation.
Please tell your son the Hilton JFK Team says...congratulations!!!
Looking forward to having you back for Freshman Orientation.
Again, my sincere "thank you".

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Clean, friendly and classy. They do have frequent shuttle to and forth between airport and hotel which is really convenient. On the flip side the do have very little vegan/vegetarian food options in their menu. I had difficulty finding something to eat for breakfast. Hopefully they will have more options next time I visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience.
The Hilton JFK Team and I are pleased to know you enjoyed your visit.
I spoke with the Executive Chef and he will certainly look into adding additional vegetarian items to our menus. Comments like yours are invaluble in assisting the hotel to find opportunity's for future improvement......again, "thank you".

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have spent many nights in the JFK area for business and the Hilton is by far the best hotel option. Dana at the bar is magnificent, and if you have access to the Executive Club, Robert provides first class service. Shuttle service is prompt and courteous, front desk employees provide excellent service regardless of status, based on my observations, but they have also recognized my diamond status and treated me accordingly. Super comfortable beds - awesome pillows!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kateyhz

Kate,
Wow...thank you for the 5-Star review!!!
I'm pleased to know a few of my dedicated Team Members made your visit extra special.
Knowing we exceeded all expectations is a true compliment to me and my Team.
All the best for safe travels and choosing the Hilton New York JFK as your "home away from home".

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We got stranded at the JFK airport due to airline issues and the airline put us up at the Hilton New York JFK in Jamaica. The airport has a shuttle to/from the airport so that was convenient. There is a lovely lobby and ample seating for meeting and visiting with people. Additionally, there is a bar and restaurant in the lobby. Food at the restaurant was reasonably priced and tasty. Our room was reasonably sized and nicely decorated. The desk was good for working on the computer as the lamps had pass-through outlets. This was a good hotel for business travel. The only drawback I can see is the "pay" parking lot for our friend who came to pick us up. You have to pay in the lobby at a machine in order to get out of the lot. The parking was a bit pricey. Other than that is was a nice place to spend the night after being delayed by the airline.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience!
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and made your "longer than expected" visit a restful one.
Hopefully you made it to your destination safe and sound.
Keep us in mind if your in the area again and "thank you" for the valued comments.