“Good choice for business travelers”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Took a one bedroom suite for a business meeting. Small living room, good sized bedroom, decent bathroom. Recently renovated but still feels old. Room was quiet-no outside noise and little inside mechanical noise. Decent restaurant-salade niçoise had huge slabs of good freshly cooked tuna. Breakfast buffet was fine. Room service was unusually quick. Staff was very friendly except for checkout clerk who seemed resentful when I told her about the problems in the room (safe locked, curtain missing, towel rack fell off..). All in all, a decent place for a heavily trafficked big city airport hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank UCLA72
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased you found hotel to be exceptable for your business needs, however, please except my sincere apology for any inconveniences. Your feedback is certainly invaluable to me and my team in finding opportunities for improvement.
Again, "thank you" and please keep us in mind on your return visit to JFK.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,848)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This morning I had breakfast in the hotel's main restaurant. At the table adjacent to me, there was a very demanding international guest who raised her voice, complained constantly, snapped her fingers, etc. The staff handled the guest very well. In particular, Maria diffused the situation and was able to appease the woman. After a litany of ridiculous and relentless demands ("more cream, the cream is too thick, bring me milk, the milk is too thin, I want you to mix milk and cream, you took too long to do it, now my coffee is cold, get ma another cup", etc.), the woman left no tip. Kudos to Maria for her patience and customer service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 900Sunshine82

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Maria, one of many dedicated Hilton JFK Team Members.
She certainly knows how to please all guest and does it with a sincere smile and alot of patience. I'm sure she'll enjoy reading your comments.
Again, "thank you" for your thoughtful words and all the best for a great Summer.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It's an airport hotel, so my expectations were not high, but I was impressed by the very warm and attentive welcome at the front desk, and the care taken of us in the restaurant even though they were packed to the doors and clearly rushed off their feet. There is a shuttle but you have to take the Airtrain first and depending on which terminal you're in there can be quite a walk to that (from JetBlue it was a long way dragging heavy bags) and you then have to wait for the shuttle to come from the hotel - we ended up taking a taxi back in the morning as the shuttle transfer when we arrived took ages. This is outside the hotel's control, but you may want to consider taking a cab if you have heavy luggage or small children, or are in a hurry to catch a flight. Taxi took us about 5 minutes, shuttle over half an hour all told. Room was not luxurious but was comfortable and well equipped and we didn't get any aircraft noise although to be fair the air conditioning was so loud it pretty much sounded like we had a 747 in the room with us. This is a good base if you are coming into or out of JFK and need a bed for the night somewhere close.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SJFLondon

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued experience.
My Team and I are pleased to know we made your stopover comfortable and memorable.
Hopefully you'll keep us in mind on your next visit to New York.
All the best for safe travels and a delightful Summer.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were given a very nice room even at early check-in. Front desk person Alyssa C. was especially accommodating and easy to converse with. Extremely nice bar area and excellent menu to choose from for our lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marc R
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Marc,
"Thank you" for taking the time to share your comments.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and made your stay extra special.
Please keep us in mind on your next visit and all the best for a great Summer!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Due to business I travel often to the East coast. It has been quite sometime since I stayed in Brooklyn however, when I returned the staff at the Hilton JFK was welcoming as always and remembered me by name. The restaurant and bar staff is always friendly and attentive to the customer needs. Dana the bartender is amazing!! She immediately acknowledges her customers busy or not, professional yet personable, great mixologist and attentive. She knows how to handle any type of customer and I have seen her " diffuse" customer issues based on her quick wit and effective people skills. Going back this week can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jacqueline L

Jacqueline,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I'm pleased one of my most valued Team Members made your visit special and memorable.
Looking forward to your return visit and "thank you" for your dedicated loyality!!!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel. Easy to get to and from. The restaurant gave a great menu and breakfast buffet was wonderful... the Restaurant staff was most accommodating...The in-room amenities such as soap/shampoo were top grade and despite being across from the airport, you did not hear any street noise...I plan to enjoy the pool next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Derrick P
GeraldLoughran, Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Derrick P,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience and 5 star review with the tripadvisor community, we greatly appreciate you taking your time. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel, our Peter Thomas Roth amenities and the pool will be a relaxing 85 Degrees on your next visit, and subsequent stays thereafter.

Best,
Gerald Loughran

Reviewed 14 June 2014

After a rough day, it was my fortune to meet Dana the bartender in the hotel restaurant. She is a pro and she made my day. I would return to this hotel just to get drink and dinner at the bar so I could experience the outstanding service and conversation with Dana.
Thanks Dana.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chuck W

Dear Check W,

Thank you for recognizing Dana's exceptional service in such a great forum as Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and I'm sure Dana will know exactly what to pour you!~

Gerald Loughran