“Excellent Service Staff”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Service Staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Older property but well maintained. Service staff especially Dana behind the bar were a pleasure to deal with. Polite, professional and accommodating. The food was good and they have a very nice selection of mid-tier wines.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott M
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Scott,
Thank you for the fine review!
I'm pleased we exceeded your expectations and had the opportunity to "WOW" you in our fantastic Restaurant/Bar. Knowing Dana, I'm sure she made your visit a welcoming and memorable one (I believe she did).
Keep us in mind on your next visit and thank you for your loyality to the Hilton family!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hilton JFK is both a high-end hotel and well located to JFK. I reserved with Keroll Latayan and he did a great job as he upgraded me to a nice room on the top floor. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs quick access to JFK.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brynne N
Brynne,
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Nothing pleases me more than knowing that one of my dedicated Team Members made your stay welcoming and memorable. Exceeding all service expectations is our ultimate goal and I believe we did just that!!!
Hope to see you back and best wishes for a fantastic Summer!
Beckenham
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Here for night, it did the job. Clean, staff nice, just an older Hilton hotel and typical of one near the airport. Would stay here again of travelling out of the airport for an early flight or a stop over but would venture into Manhattan for any longer stay.

Stayed July 2014
Stu,
I'm pleased to know we met your expectations and found the hotel to be convenient to JFK.
Although older, we did complete a $20M makeover two years ago.
Looking forward to your safe return and "thank you" for choosing the Hilton New York JFK!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay here many times on business - I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I find it a good hotel, for business and of course it's a great location if you need to remain near the Airport. Standard Hilton amnities, a comfortable, clean room - availability of food and beverage is good. Why do you rate it average you ask?? Well nothing really stands out. The staff is not rude, but not necessarily gracious - feels a bit robotic - you know what I mean ... I'm doing my job, but it's not really a pleasure...just kinda average. Some hotels do a really good job of making you feel really welcome...while I don't feel unwelcome I kinda just feel like - "here's your key, elevators are this way"

I would definitely recommend it however - it's a well maintained Hilton property, and good value for an NYC Airport area hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jetairbear
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I sincerely appreciate the feedback and genuinely apologize if you didn't feel the difference in what makes the Hilton JFK unique from all other hotels. I will certainly share your feedback with my team and address any opportunities to improve going forward.
"Thank you" and hope to see you back in the future!!!
Kuwait, Al Kuwayt, Kuwait
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Hotel is very good for business travelers, who would like to get connecting flights from JFK NY airport. Staff is good. Breakfast is good. Room size & ambience are good. Swimming pool is good & is manned by staff.

Room Tip: Hotel is located in peaceful area. Hotel rooms are good & AC in rooms are not noisy. So room sel...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Prasanna1965
Thank you for the fine comments.
I'm pleased to know we exceeded your expectations and made a memorable impression. Your feedback is important to the hotel team as we continue to improve our performance.
All the best for a great Summer and hope to see you back!!!
Atlanta
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed in the Hilton JFK for a business trip and I actually enjoyed the hotel. I was in room 1105 which over looks the airport. The room was extremely large, very clean, and the bed was comfortable. The only complaint I had is that the water was cut off by the city and when I called guest services to inquire the lady who answered the phone seemed to not even know that the water was off. As I continued to pry information from her she finally acknowledged that the city had advised that the water should be back on no later that 830a. Also the in room air conditioning system is very LOUD and actually work me out of my sleep a few times the first night I was there. My work around was to raise the room temp to 75* or lower it to 68* so the air would stay on/off respectively.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank msdanipi
"Thank you" for sharing your experience.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and apologize for any inconveniences.
I hope you had a safe journey home and please keep us in mind next time your visiting the New York area.
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed 3 July 2014

There is no free wi fi unless you know your password ,name etc at Hilton honours. You cant look it up because you cant access the internet -catch 22

No free coffee like at other cheaper hotels like Holiday Inn express .They suggested we pay Starbucks .i loathe Starbucks.

Absolutely not better than the cheaper hotels and the driver got lost intone airport

Stay at holiday in express save $50 and use the free wi fi , drink their free coffee and eat their free breakfast

Room Tip: Stay so we here else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dencul
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I apologize for not meeting the "full value expectation" during your stay. I agree, there is a huge difference (and value) between a limited-service hotel (Holiday Inn Express) and a full-service hotel which is what makes the difference in the Hilton New York JFK. Although we offer complimentary coffee in all guestrooms there are other amenties that are complimentary...24 hour shuttle service to and from JFK, a state-of -the-art fitness center, uniformed security, etc.
Again, thank you for your comments and all the best for a safe Summer.