“Outstanding Service, Food and Beverage”

Hilton New York JFK
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Service, Food and Beverage”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I visited the bar at the JFK Hilton after a long and trying day. I wanted the day to begin all over and started with a bloody mary. Bartender Dana was outstanding. She suggested and highly recommended the cajun tuna and a wine to go with. Great suggestions. Food exceeded expectations. Wine was very good. And Dana was outstanding, friendly, attentive and most professional. I wish I had visited earlier in the week so I could return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Douglas S
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Doug,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience.
Nothing pleases me more than knowing a Team Member assisted in exceeding your expectations. I'll be sure to share your review with Dana and my Executive Chef (Gus). Both are dedicated individuals that really care about the guest experience.
Please keep us in mind on your next visit and all the best for a fantastic Summer!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel ok for $170 night in NY. But not an average Hilton. M-F pool hours 3 to 9. BK not free ($30 for adult and child). Internet not free. Must take Q40 bus outside hotel to nearest subway don't wait too late like past 1:00 AM to return because it gets scary. I'd either pay more to stay nearer in town or at hotel with free BK and Internet. Overall ok since free shuttle to JFK and RT ticket <$200.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nursequita
I appreciate the valued feedback.
I'm sincerely sorry you didn't find the hotel to be your average Hilton, however, we are one of the few full-service hotels near JFK that offers a wide variety of value-added amenities such as an indoor saltwater pool, Starbucks, gated parking, 24 hour security and a full-service restaurant and lounge. The Q40 bus is one of the few options you have to explore the New York City attractions, there is also the Air Train (complimentary) or a taxi (around $12); all will take you to Jamaica Station which is a short train ride to the Big Apple.
Again, my sincere appreciation for the feedback and please keep us in mind on your next visit to JFK.
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 July 2014

One should remember that this hotel caters to business travellers. The Wi-Fi room prices are from 1991, the bedsheets date back to the same year, grey and smelly. If you are a couple, you have to pay double for the Wi-Fi.
The swimming pool opens at 3pm, so there is nothing to keep kids busy. No later checkout either. So even if you want to leave at 4 pm, you still have to pay the full price for an extra night.

Room Tip: Steer clear of this hotel if you are a family or a couple.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank travelbee2ooo
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Travelbee,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm sorry to know that the Hilton JFK did not meet your expectations.
I'm really surprised about the bedding comment since the beds are highly complimented in prior reviews. Our linens are consistant with the Hilton family of hotels around the world. Although we are the only hotel in the JFK area that has a pool, we need to limit the hours for high demand periods since New York state requires a lifeguard...again, my genuine apology.
Hopefully you'll allow us another opportunity to be your "home away form home" next time your in the New York area.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We were at this hotel 15 months ago and had a great night just sitting at the bar, which is run by a delightful lady named Dana. We are currently mid-way through an 8 week, round world working trip, and while various chapters on our itinerary have had their challenges, it is such a pleasure to be be back in this bar. Dana is a gem. One could look at this place as just 'another airport hotel' (e.g. noisy air conditioning, overpriced in-room Wi-Fi, etc), but having her greet us back to the bar made being back here a genuine highlight. Hilton JFK is blessed to have her as an asset!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rod M
Kevin W, General Manager at Hilton New York JFK, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Rod,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Yes, I will agree, Dana is one of many dedicated Hilton JFK Team members that know the true "spirit of hospitality" and makes all guest feel right at home. I'm pleased we made your stay restful while on such a long journey around the world.
Again, "thank you" and safe travels!!!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Older property but well maintained. Service staff especially Dana behind the bar were a pleasure to deal with. Polite, professional and accommodating. The food was good and they have a very nice selection of mid-tier wines.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott M
Scott,
Thank you for the fine review!
I'm pleased we exceeded your expectations and had the opportunity to "WOW" you in our fantastic Restaurant/Bar. Knowing Dana, I'm sure she made your visit a welcoming and memorable one (I believe she did).
Keep us in mind on your next visit and thank you for your loyality to the Hilton family!
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hilton JFK is both a high-end hotel and well located to JFK. I reserved with Keroll Latayan and he did a great job as he upgraded me to a nice room on the top floor. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs quick access to JFK.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brynne N
Brynne,
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Nothing pleases me more than knowing that one of my dedicated Team Members made your stay welcoming and memorable. Exceeding all service expectations is our ultimate goal and I believe we did just that!!!
Hope to see you back and best wishes for a fantastic Summer!
Beckenham
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Here for night, it did the job. Clean, staff nice, just an older Hilton hotel and typical of one near the airport. Would stay here again of travelling out of the airport for an early flight or a stop over but would venture into Manhattan for any longer stay.

Stayed July 2014
Stu,
I'm pleased to know we met your expectations and found the hotel to be convenient to JFK.
Although older, we did complete a $20M makeover two years ago.
Looking forward to your safe return and "thank you" for choosing the Hilton New York JFK!!!