“Delicious meal and great service from Jake”
Review of Jedediah Hawkins

Jedediah Hawkins
Reserve with OpenTable
Jedediah Hawkins is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Jamesport
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 25
Transit: The Hampton Jitney stops in Jamesport.
Description: Jedediah Hawkins, housed in the majestically restored 1863 home of Captain Jedediah Hawkins, is quickly becoming the crown jewel in the North Fork’s dining scene. Recognizing that the purity of flavor derives from the ripest, most seasonal ingredients, guests can expect an ever evolving menu that places its emphasis upon local and sustainably grown ingredients.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful private dinner on one of the nights of our stay and got to try 5 courses of creative fare. The duck/tamarind wings were outstanding as were the simple tomato and tarragon bruschetta - best tomato I've had in years. Also the steamed clams and mussels in a fennel broth were outstanding - I highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank frequenttravellar

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A very pleasant atmosphere and fine dining experience. The food was very good and the wine list was extensive. The service was not up to par as our waitress liked to talk to certain tables for extended periods while we waited. Overall we would return.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I decided to try the Jediah Hawkins Inn on the Long Island restaurant week last week. $28 for 3 course dinner. We were so pleasantly surprised. The food was terrific and very innovative. Tamarind duck wings!!! Local Skate on a delightful composite rice. Fabulous buttermilk panna cotta with spiced strawberries. The servers were very nice. The setting (we were in the garden room) was very pretty but very loud.

I would definitely return for an occasion meal. Regularly this restaurant is pretty pricey.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have dined at this fine establishment three times, the first two were when it was Luce Hawkins and we were blown away! Our last visit was decent, however, not up to the high standard that we were expecting. The menu was extremely limited, perhaps because of restaurant week? Our meals were ok, let's just leave it at that....

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I visited Jedediah Hawkins based on knowing Tom Schaudel, the chef who brought this restaurant back to life. We wanted to dine in the "Speakeasy" and arrived on a weekday night last week to do so. We were blown away by the ambiance, the service and the fantastic food. Although we ate light meals we were ready to return soon and we did so a few nights later when we came back with friends. My wife fell in love with the duck wings ... prepared in a sauce of tamarind and chili ... it was absolutely great! She coupled that with an outstanding beet salad while I enjoyed a roasted fois gras and a delicious serving of tilefish, one of my favorites. My wife enjoyed a local wine and I had a local pale ale. When we returned with our friends a few days later I had the duck wings too! From a local duck farm the wings are fresh, tangy and delicious! We will surely visit this spot again to enjoy the welcome of Colin, the manager and the fine cuisine of the new young chef. There is everything to like about Jedediah Hawkins!

1  Thank FireMarshal