“Exceptional stay!”
Review of The Duncan Inn

The Duncan Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jamesport
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed 8 days-extremely pleased-remodeled-king bed-down duvet-nice & warm heaters-Jeff the innkeeper exceptionally helpful. loved the stay. It was extremely clean and quiet and we would have stayed longer but a wedding party was due in. thank for one of the best stays ever!!!
Nancy & John

Room Tip: ask for the big comfy beds don't be afraid to ask for a discount too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank n f
There are newer reviews for The Duncan Inn

Reviewed 17 April 2014

First of all, this is more like a motel. In the interest of full disclosure, I am not particularly fond of motels. That being said, this one was just fine. The price for a night was very reasonable. I had priced a spa/hotel up the road for 3x as much. As anyone who reads my reviews knows, clean means a whole lot! This place was spotless. The bed was super comfy in a room with the bare necessities. The gentleman on staff was very nice and showed me where i could get a cup of coffee in the morning at not too far a walk. Yep, I said walk. There are no coffee pots on the premises. This Inn has just the basics but that was enough for me....for one night.

The walls are paper thin. I had to take a tylenol pm because the man in the next room snored so loudly. Truth.
Thin walls and no coffee- but overall a good deal.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee maker. And earplugs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank motown47
Reviewed 7 April 2014

this hotel is one of the best ones i have been at and now still staying till i find a place and it is well maintained. The pool room is very clean.The staff are the most polit staff in a hotel i have ever seen.

Room Tip: i like the rooms on second floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank christian l
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed there for one night, we chose the king room which was fine for a one nite stay. The room was clean and comfortable , the only issue I had was the very strong soapy smell on the bedding.
The smell was so strong that it interrupted my sleep! I would def go back , however I think I would bring my own pillow!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Andymarian
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was very lucky to have found this inn. I am used to staying on the East End of Long Island. My room was immaculate and the king size bed was so comfortable. The price is right, and the front desk manager was very helpful when I asked about a specific restaurant I had heard of. He gave me directions to all the local vineyards as well. I will be back when visiting the Nothfork. also, great space outside with a fire pit.

Room Tip: The corner suites are really spacious, and guiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank allison g
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable. I had to be in Jamesport for business two days in a row. I found this great little motel and couldn't be happier. The price was right and the place was newly renovated. The clerk at the front desk was friendly and gave me advice on where to have breakfast. I will be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank James S
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Attended wedding at The Vineyard down the road. The room was ultra clean, great comfy bed. There is a small refrigerator in the room. Nice size closet. Bathroom very small but immaculate which is very important to me. Manager was nice and helpful when we asked about area. There is an outside sitting area with fire pit too! I would highly recommend if you are looking for a local place to stay for the night or two! Recommend asking for room in back away from road!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LAGill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamesport
The Blue Inn At North Fork
#1 of 7 in Greenport
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead

Been to The Duncan Inn? Share your experiences!