“Good for a family” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maison MacDuff

Maison MacDuff
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jamestown
Maison MacDuff
Ranked #2 of 2 Jamestown B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Good for a family”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a nicely equipped apartment. There is every convenience you can think of available, including a washer and dryer. Very clean, but carpet a bit musty. A little pricey for just a couple as there are decent inexpensive hotels nearby, but would be a good alternative for a family or longer term arrangement. This apartment is located in the old, downtown section of Jamestown. Host was cordial and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravBugs0321

Families
La Plata, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

Maison MacDuff is a fully equipped 2 bedroom apartment which is clean, quiet and welcomming. The host was most accomodating on my arrival time and insured that I understood and was acquainted with all features of the apartment. The kitchen is fully functional and well equipped. There is even a washer and dryer. I arrived in the late afternoon, had a few business associates over for cocktails in my living room then proceeded downstairs to a surperb dinner at MacDuff's. I would recommend this facility to all who have the ability to enjoy great value and spacious accomodations. The adjoining resturant is for dining rather than eating and should not be missed.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank sadams0810
Cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

I cannot comment on the restaurant b/c we did not dine there. I am unable to post a review w/ the hotel category due to MacDuff's unique accomodations. Only one apartment avail for rent, therefore no other opportunity exists to review the property other than the restaurant category.
We had prepaid reservations for one evening stay @ the apt. above MacDuff's. Upon our arrival, we were totally ignored. Eventually he approached us & acted like we were criminals who came unannounced. We arrived @ a reasonable time & he scolded us for not coming earlier. He then told us he could not check us in b/c he was busy w/ dinner guests ( mind you the place looked fairly empty) I told him he never stated that we had to check in @ a specific time. He had my credit card number whether I showed up or not - I was paying for the apt. He then mumbled something & walked away. His wife appears & looked @ us like we were uninvited party crashers. She made some comments & turned her back on us. We were in shock. My husband asked if we could cancel but were commited w/ the credit card & had nowhere to go. Finally he came back for this "so called complicated check in process" that took all of 2 mins - that he was too busy for. A signature & card swipe was all it took. Fortunately, the apt. was roomy, well appointed & very clean. Too bad we had to endure a [college hazing] prior to our stay.
I have travelled extensively & never have I experienced this cold, rude treatment for NO apparent reason. These crabby, unfriendly, nasty owners should have attended ettiquette school rather than culinary school and learn social skills & common courtesy !!!

• Stayed April 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
17 Thank drpipe

Travellers are raving about these Jamestown hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Downtown Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer

Been to Maison MacDuff? Share your experiences!