“Quaint And Convenient”
Review of The Bullfrog Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jamestown
The Bullfrog Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Well... I've read other reviews of this Hotel and "God forbid" there is no gym or pool.... and "God forbid" if there is only one (1) community bathroom and one (1) community shower... and "God forbid" if it isn't sparkling clean.... all hotels have their weaknesses and yeah; maybe this hotel has it's fair share of weaknesses.... but the price is right.
I guess being from Nigeria; growing up in a fridgerator box, and wearing my aunties clothes all these years have made me just a little more "appreciative" of things here in the United States.
No, I wouldn't bring my family here unless they were full blown alcoholics who enjoy cheap beer... but for myself... the Hotel served it's purpose.
There was no room service offered... but I was close to fine dining establishments such as Mcdonalds, Wendy's, Tim Hortons, and a Chinese Take-Out place....
Besides... The Bullfrog Hotel has a full menu.... I opted for the Mashed Taters and Pork Chops... mmmmmmm... it was good and a healthy portion... I think I still have a pork chop left in the bottom of my overnight bag.
Okay... no pool or gym but I did find myself comfortable in my 4 x 8 room... and the bed was soft and squishy. One of the nights during my stay the diner / bar downstairs had Kareoke.... and at first it was obnoxious... but slowly I found curiousity got the best of me and before I knew it there I was... standing at the bar waiting for an Old Milwaukee in my pj's and night cap....
There is a certain essence about this establishment that calls to single men with drinking problems, bitter women, and transients with no other place to go... that has to say something....
I will definitely be back... one day... as long as the trains keep running....

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank pippoppin
There are newer reviews for The Bullfrog Hotel

Reviewed 4 July 2008

Well let me tell you, the people who wrote the other reviews are just not nice people. They are mean. Sure this hotel is not without its problems, but what hotel is perfect? The hotel does sit over a bar, a great bar, where you can buy beer, good beer. Plus if you have a paycheck and no bank accoutn, the owner will cash the check for you (minus standard governement check cashing rates). I want to see you walk into the Red Roof Inn and ask the gal behind the counter to cash your check for you, I doubt she will be so accomodating. I've stayed there many times and i aint never seen no drug dealers in the hallways. The drug dealers are outside the place, So to end this, the Bullfrog is a homey, homey place, smack dab in the college town of Jamestwon NY. I like it, and i know you will love it.

Stayed: July 2008
6  Thank gussie12345
Reviewed 5 January 2008

I wouldn't call this a hotel. It is more like a group home for alcoholics. This is no place to stay or take the family. The rooms are small, outdate, and have no private toilets or baths. There is a red neck bar down stairs. The entire place is run down and out dated. Hotel?, what a joke!

Stayed: January 2008
10  Thank NewYorkPooky
Reviewed 31 December 2007

no one in there right state of mind would stay at this dump they call a motel..lol...what a joke.this place is nothing but a run down bars with rooms upstair above it.theres people dealing drugs in the hallways.and the inside is in such depreate need of repair...i got a good laugh that was about it.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
10  Thank jamie698604
Reviewed 14 March 2007

No Self-Respecting Person would stay at the Bull-Frog Inn. It's a dump of a bar that sits between a gas station, a traffic light, a McDonald's and a creek. The term "roach-motel" is a compliment to this place. Save yourself the anguish and stay at the Red Roof in just up the road in Falconer.
*shivers in disgust*

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank SavingTravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
No photo provided
Budget Inn
#2 of 2 in Falconer
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown

Been to The Bullfrog Hotel? Share your experiences!