“Extreme satisfaction”

Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel is comfortable and is located right in downtown Jamestown. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is an indoor pool that is very clean and the perfect temperature for a nice dip! They provide different types of pillows as well so you can choose the one that suits you best. It also is dog-friendly (if that is what you are looking for)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!!!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was disappointed at the size but pleasantly surprised by the friendliness, cleanliness, and great location. Check in was quick. I came back down to the front desk to ask a question and was greeted with my name--that never happened at any hotel I ever stayed at and I've stayed at plenty. The rooms were very clean. The check out was even quicker than the check in because they put the invoice under your door. Because of that I had an extra 15 minutes in the morning to enjoy the great food at the continental breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairs because you hear the door slam shut every time. Keep the fan in the bathr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay!! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Rooms were average yet clean. On check in the desk clerk was too busy on the phone complaining about how busy it was to engage in a conversation with us. She might have well have held up a sign saying thanks for your money now stop bothering me!

• Stayed: April 2014
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We appreciate your feedback. Please know that we will use your comments to improve our services in the future. We apologize for the negative staff experience you encountered and will look into that. Thank you and we hope we get the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

iPluses: Clean. Quiet (no hockey teams in town). Asked for top floor rear room and got it. Cheerful, courteous, helpful staff. Comfortable mattresses.
Minuses: Shabby room furniture which should be replaced. One of our chairs was broken. Fortunately I noticed it before sitting, otherwise would have been on the floor. How such an obvious safety problem could have been overlooked by housekeeping is a mystery to me. I notified the Desk Clerk and put the chair on top of a bed - hopefully someone will notice. As with other, similarly and poorly designed lodging, the HVAC unit blows the curtains out into the room. Windows inoperable - no fresh air. Sketchy neighborhood - some pretty scary looking folk wandering about or hanging out the nearby streets. Unappealing breakfast included microwaved "eggs," partnered with equally unappealing microwaved "sausage" patties and Hostess mini donuts washed down with weak coffee. We chose not to partake of the morning feast, although the young gymnasts staying there seemed to relish the unappealing & unhealthy fare. Only 1 luggage cart available, so if someone either is using it or has absconded with it, you're out of luck. No canopy over the entrance, so if t's raining, plan on you and your luggage being soaked - we were WOA [Wet On Arrival]. When entering the parking lot off of W.3rd St, the lobby (main) entrance is not well marked - it's around the back side, opposite the street, but since it's not marked, I got wet trying to get into the most obvious entrance, which turned out to be a locked (from the outside) Fire Exit, with a small printed sign (not readable from while driving in) directing us to the back side. Overall poor value. This is Jamestown, NY, for god's sake, not Jamestown, VA. Although management correctly states the their rates are "comparable" to others near I-86, IMHO they're equally poor values. $75/nite seems more apropos for this neck of the woods.
Would we return? Probably, since it's in town, near our relatives' homes and not disgusting. What's not to like, eh?

Room Tip: Pray that there's no hockey tournament going on. If so, and if you have the option, keep drivin...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We are very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please know that we take your feedback seriously. You are correct, we should have noticed the chair was broken before your check in. We are currently working on plans to update the property and all of the furniture. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I grew up in the Jamestown area, so I return at least once a year for a visit. I just spent 3 nights at the Best Western downtown and was very pleased with my stay.

We were greeted in a very friendly, professional manner. Room keys were already for us, check in was very quick. My brother was traveling with me and stayed in another room. The staff already had arranged for our rooms to be across the hall from each other without requesting it. Very nice touch.

The rooms were comfortable and good sized. No issues with noise. The beds are firm. The breakfast served was a standard hotel breakfast, nothing to write home about, but something to put on your stomach. If you want a great breakfast, go out for it!

There is a bar/restaurant called Shawbuck's across the street, we didn't make it there because it was closed on Sunday's and Monday's. It looks like a very nice place. A couple of blocks away is a bar/restaurant referred to as "The Cherry", it's on Cherry Street. Great drink and food prices and excellent Buffalo Chicken Wings. I stop by The Cherry every time I'm in town for wings, they have a decent bar food type menu.

If you're looking for a great place for dinner with reasonable prices, hang a right out of the parking lot, cross the 3rd street bridge and you'll see the Hometown Sports Bar & Grill. The food is very much home cooked style. The portions are huge. I had chicken biscuits and gravy for 7.99, it was excellent.

I will plan on staying here next time I'm in town, my best experience to date. Thanks to the staff for making our stay in Jamestown a pleasant one.

Room Tip: May want to request a room on the back side of the building as the front of the building is right on...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will share your comments with the staff. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My son and I stayed at the Best Western in Jamestown on two occasions while in town for a special needs hockey tournament. On both occasions I have only good things to say about the hotel and the staff. The hotel is clean and convenient, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is friendly and professional. We've stayed at other locations in town, but prefer the Best Western. There is a laundry mat right across the street to take care of those smelly hockey clothes too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!! Thank you for taking the time to let us know. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Centrally located in downtown Jamestown. Very nice, clean rooms and reasonable rates. I would say this is the nicest Jamestown hotel since the Hotel Jamestown, which was probably quite the hotel in it's day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
#4 of 6 in Chautauqua

Been to Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown? Share your experiences!