“It's a Best Western, not a Hilton”

Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Fort Wayne, IN
“It's a Best Western, not a Hilton”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

If you expect more, then you will be disappointed. Had there been a Hilton Garden Inn in Jamestown I would not have stayed at BW.

However value was received for what we paid.

This is the kind of place that the hockey teams stays in during weekend skating tournaments. See reviews about running out of hot water... I am picturing 6 or more sweaty kids per room all needing a shower at once.

Our visit was not during hockey season, or any other sporting event that we could see.

We needed lodging close to the Luci-Desi site, and this fit the bill. Room had recently received a new bed, and we could see that the property was in the process up replacing all their bedding. That was fine. Everything else was ok.
Except for the breakfast - at least for us.
Coffee, juice, rolls, some sort of microwavable egg product (thank you food scientists). No thanks.
If one is trying to eat healthy then look elsewhere for breakfast - we liked the Babaloo Cafe - a 10 minute walk. Very reasonable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am currently looking to upgrade the breakfast we offer and I appreciate your feedback on the topic. Please know that your comments will be used to serve our guest's better in the future. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Battle Creek, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When I arrived at this hotel, the key cards did not work to open the door for two different rooms, so was moved to another room/floor, room had not been cleaned, so moved to another room across the hall, floor had not been vacuumed and had someone's toe nails next to the bed. The mattress was new and very comfortable and was able to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. Some of the staff was helpful, getting me directions to local attractions, but overall the staff did not address my initial problem and acted as they did not care that all the problems were happening. Very good location to local attractions, but will probably stay elsewhere next time I travel to this location.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I apologize about the confusion. There was a computer error made by a new staff member which is where the confusion came from. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and we are working to make sure these issues do not happen again.
Fayette City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The location of the hotel in right in downtown Jamestown. This makes it a good location for walking to the Lucy Desi Museum, but you also had some traffic noise. The hotel was not full during our visit so there was no issue finding a parking space. The young man at the front desk was friendly and handled our check-in efficiently, however, when I ask a question about the local farmer's market, the reply was, " that is a good question." He made no effort to find out, but I picked up a paper in the lobby and the info was there. Both the ;public areas and the room were clean. The bedding was comfortable and everything in the room was in working condition. The breakfast choices were cereal, fruit, yogurt, sausage patty, egg patty, make your own waffle, sweet rolls, mini muffins, bagels and bread. There were three juice choices, tea, and coffee. The little danish was stale, but everything else was good. The pool is located right off the lobby, but we didn't use it. We wouldn't hesitate staying here again as it was a good value especially with the GroupOn coupon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Chittenango, New York, Usa
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Desk Clerks were very friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bath towels were plush and the bed and pillows were heavenly. The fitness room was missing one piece of equipment, but I got a good workout on the treadmill. I felt very safe going outside at night to smoke a cigarette.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for the nice review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Jamestown, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very helpful and pleasant staff. Good location right downtown Jamestown. Good rates for more than 3 day stay. Breakfast every morning was good but not great. Bed wasn't as comfortable this stay, but we stay at this hotel every year and we are always satisfied. Good hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.
Frederick
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked at this location for several reasons, one being that you can walk to the Lucy Desi musem from the property, and this was one of the top three best stays that we've had with Best Westerns and definitely the best stay ever in New York. We were greeted promptly, checked in and out quickly, and everyone that I encountered was friendly and professional. It is inviting from the outside and smells really good (clean) inside. There is a lovely indoor pool which we didn't have the time to visit, and the elevator worked for our 2nd floor room. The business center also worked and is a comfortable, quiet space with no time limits. The breakfast was included and satisfying. Our room was large, updated and quiet, with every amenity except a microwave but there is one in the lobby. I can't find fault with one thing and our one night here was very pleasant. I got a solid sleep in our very comfy king bed which was needed after a 5 hour long drive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I shared them with the staff. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!!
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while in town to visit the Lucille Ball museums. The hotel was well kept and clean. I felt totally comfortable here. The staff was awesome. They took care of business but were personable and friendly! I will definitely stay here again (I'm already planning another trip to Jamestown!)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa C, General Manager at Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!!! Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
#1 of 6 in Chautauqua

Been to Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown? Share your experiences!