“Always a pleasure!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the only hotel I will stay in when traveling to Jamestown - which I do often! It is the cleanest, most welcoming and friendly place with better amenities than any other hotel option in the city, hands down. And the rooms are HUGE compared to most! I am always satisfied with my stay and would recommend - no, INSIST - that others stay here when traveling anywhere in Chautauqua County.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather F

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Although I have Hilton Diamond status I rarely stay in a Hampton if I can help it. Unfortunately, if you are traveling in or around Jamestown NY there isnt much of a choice. Other than the usual annoyances (no bar, smells like stale coffee and old breakfast food, they only have paper cups, etc.) I had the real joy of using their "business center" to download and print two 3 page documents.

It only took 50 minutes (just what you want to do after a long day of meetings and travel!) and I still didnt get everything I wanted. The equipment in the "business center" was at least ten years old (HP Towers) and the printers were even worse. Also, the one available machine that did work was clearly infected with every virus know to man given the speed, constant shut downs and pop up ads.

Will just keep driving next time I am up here and go anywhere else. You would think if they were trying to attract business travelers that this simple amenity is pretty vital. At least I didn't try to do this in the morning prior to my meeting.

Room Tip: find one at a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank george b
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Easy and quick check in and out. Friendly staff. Room was very clean and bed comfortable. Bathroom also very clean. Breakfast had hot and cold food. Can't walk to any restaurants but small grocery is next door (as well as McDonalds if you call that a restaurant).
Great place to stay. Would stay here again.
Suggest cleaning staff check all light bulbs as part of their service. Had one main bulb not working but was fixed quickly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Noise transmission between rooms is not good even when person in the next room is talking in normal voices. My neighbor talked to midnight in a normal voice so I did not complain - not his fault - a construction issue- I will continue to stay at Hamptons - just not this one

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have stayed here on business many times in the past year. Very clean hotel and friendly staff. I Have stayed in all the different room and I recommend the king suites. Highly recommend this hotel from the others in town and across the street

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

During our stay the hotel experienced a power outage (due to a car hitting a phone/power line a few blocks away)

A few things became readily apparent, firstly the hotel did not have a back-up generator ? and number two, the hotel staff was totally unprepared to handle this problem including what to do about a poor women who was stuck in the elevator between floors !

Additionally, since we had a person in our party confined to a wheelchair and we were on the third floor this represented a potentially dangerous situation and once again the staff were clueless as to what to do about bringing this person down to the ground level (if there had been a fire it could have been disastrous. One of the staff told me "they had never received any training about what to do about power outages, stuck elevators and the issue of having handicap people being given rooms on upper floors and how to respond in general to emergencies.

Suffice to say, on a good day the hotel is a nice place to stay. Unfortunately on this day it was also potentially a dangerous place as well

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank misterkeene
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've stayed in this Hampton a number of times and this one was a great experience. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to help us out. We had asked for a special item for our room which they were unable to provide, but they offered their apologies and a replacement item in its place. They were also able to combine our two nights into one reservation as I had to make them separately because one night was 'free' using our points. In order to avoid having to check out and then back in again and possibly getting a new room the front desk staff make sure we were kept in the same room by merging the two reservations. Such a nice stay. My only complaint, and it is minor, is that the walls are rather thin and I was awakened around 6 AM thanks to the loud man on his cell phone in the room next door. But other than that, hands down a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
0 mi away
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Dunkirk

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown? Share your experiences!