“Runnnn the other way!!”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Roseville, Michigan
“Runnnn the other way!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way home from NY and were given no other choice as this was the only one that claimed they had rooms (online). We booked online on the way and saw all these reviews and thought "it seems decent" We arrived and they were sold out not even having our reservation. While sitting in parking lot they came out and said they were ready to close and a room had not shown up. Did we want it? One room was smoking and one in back of hotel. The smoking room was soooo bad you could hardly breath. We also had room in back of hotel and it was so dark and unsafe we parked as close as you could and quickly went in a dingy hallway. The rooms were so grimey we did not take our shoes off and did not put suitcase on bed. Slept in clothes and instructed our teenagers to not answer their door for anything!!! Other reviews say need renovation! I say tear the darn thing down and start over!! It was the absolute grossest hotel I have ever stayed in. I felt grungy the whole next day and if we were not so worn out from driving 12 hours the day before and finding nothing but no vacancies for 4 hours.... we would have left!!! I can not believe people give it these reviews!! I'm not picky either but BEWARE this is horrible!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank hab629

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mingo Junction, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I'm not very picky when it comes to hotels. If the price is right and its a roof over my head I'm generally satisfied. When we first got to our roomm I hd noticed the view was cute and while the furniture was a little banged up (which didn't bother me any) it was cozy. The rooms do have a fridge, microwave, TV (with good cable) and hair dryer. I have read in previous comments that the air conditioners didnt work or that they made terrible noises, however I was in room 139 and didn't have an issue with anything. The onlything I would have changed is the appeared cleanliness of the room. There was something in the shower and there were dirty finger marks on the door, phone, and hair dryer....however being prepared for that i had disinfectant wipes with me and cleaned them off myself. The pool was nice, however i don't think that it is heated or cleaned out very often. The breakfast was great and something I truely look at in a hotel. They had a spread of apple and orange juice, coffee, english muffins, french toast, begals, cereal, and waffles in which you can make yourself. They were very good about refilling things as they got low which wa certainly a task with a full hotel of guests. I also wanted to point out that a women at the front desk named April is FANTASTIC. She helped with everything we could possibly need and was always more than nice. We had an emergency come up where we needed to fax and she was more than amazing in helping us. I wish I could stay at hotel with more people like her. Overall for 85$ a night, it was worth it.

Room Tip: Room 139 has recently been clean and disifected by myself before and after my stay!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Callaway
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We were passing through and decided to stop,The staff at this small town motel are so pleasant and the room....VERY cozy. We were very happy with the room we got on the back side,upstairs with our own entrance and parking lot in the back. It was quiet and very country! Just what we love! I enjoyed sitting out back looking at their beautiful garden! Thanks for the GREAT stay!

Room Tip: If you like seculsion ask for the rooms upstairs with the back entrance,very cozy and quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Burgundy B
Manchester MA
Reviewed 16 July 2012

A quaint, immaculately kept motel in the classic tradition. It's a step back in time as you drive up right to the door of your room (a pot of geraniums outside the door) set in a half-circle around a beautiful little landscaped swimming pool area surrounded by bright marigolds.
The pool was refreshing and relaxing after a long day of sightseeing around Lake Chautaugua.
The owners are friendly and helpful to supply anything extra you might need for your visit.

Our room (this was our second stay) had everything we needed, including microwave and refrigerator, free wireless internet, etc. The room was perfectly clean, refurbished tastefully and had a very comfortable bed.

Free breakfast served til 10 a.m. in case like us you're not up at the crack of dawn. Fresh waffles, bagels, cereal, juice, coffee and tea.

We would recommend this motel to anyone lodging in the Jamestown area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jay and Gail C
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Decent motel and
Desk person friendly but:
1. Breakfast lacking fruit, no decaf coffee, waffles good but could use side meat selection
2. Pillows thin and appeared dirty
3. Air conditioner cycled on and off continually
4. Dog barking for two days next room
5. Undistinguishable odor
6. Overpriced for value
Bottom line is not bad but should be better

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Nobebugshere
Concord, NH
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The owner was very nice and hospitable and the location is convenient to town and the row of restaurants along the main strip. The hotel has seen better days, other reviewers have said they've been in re-furbished rooms, I'm not sure our room was one of those as it was pretty dated and the furniture was very worn. There was a very musty smell which seemed to get worse when we turned on the fan/ac which was a very old unit and had black mold/mildew visible. The beds were not comfortable as the mattresses were too soft and springy especially for two people sharing. The outdoor entry has old hardware (keyed entry) and needs to be better secured with a locking deadbolt. The room was clean and it had everything we needed and the small dining room had the usual fare for breakfast. The owners appear to be doing work but some of the rooms still need to be updated, perhaps you can ask for one of those upon check-in.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Newer paint carpet and fixtures made this a pleasant stay. Good bed and bedding. Small bath and sink only. No countertops.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank gkinaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
Holiday Inn Express Findley Lake

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown? Share your experiences!