“Great Value and CLEAN”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Jamestown
Rochester, New York
“Great Value and CLEAN”
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Stayed there one night 4/5-6/2010. Very pleasantly surprised. Room was kind of small, but extremely clean, well furnished, and convenient. Cable TV had some problems - which I found out later were due to the cable company (Rest. nearby had the same problems). Wi-Fi a little weak, but not bad. I should have requested queen or king size bed - doubles are 3/4 size (I'm 6'4"). But, overall, for the price, this is an excellent overnight traveler stop.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My son and I stayed at this hotel on our way from Pittsburgh to Holiday Valley for a one day ski trip. The hotel was very well kept and clean, the room had a fridge and a microwave, and we enjoyed our stay. This is not the Hyatt Regency, but I consider it a great value for the price. This was a great alternative to the $200+ per night accomodations around Holiday Valley. My wife and I plan to stay there next summer when we visit Lake Chautagua.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
tel aviv
Reviewed 19 August 2009

stayed a night at jamestown on my way to lake tahoe from yosemite park,
the lady at the front desk was more than nice. did my reservation by phone.
we cheaked in late at 23:30 and she left our key at a box out side.
the room was clean the water pressure at shower was good, room has every thing you need and more.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Buffalo
Reviewed 15 July 2009

The staff were very nice but the room was dated. For one night it was ok, but 95.00?? I'll price some different places when I go back. The breakfast was ok if you like anything that can go in a toaster.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Toronto Ontario
Reviewed 8 July 2008

I had booked online two nights at the Jamestown NY American Best Value Inn June 29 & 30 2008.

Well if you have ever seen the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets into a debate about not understanding reservations this was a classic example.

The hotel understood the concept of taking a reservation however actually holding the room was a different matter.

In fairness the lady at the desk did her best as I had booked on line and her Manager had simply given rooms away first come first served, in certain scenarios this is a fair principal but not hotel reservations.

Eventually she gave me an antiquated room in the main “house” area, however it had no fridge, hairdryer, coffeemaker or any of the other niceties I had seen online and anticipated when booking.

It was a square barren room with a TV, ancient chipped furniture and an old fashioned shower with no bath.

Again in fairness to staff, this archaic room was clean.

I thought at least I can take advantage of the offered wireless internet which was great until I went to plug in my notebook for recharging, it appears America’s Best Value Inn’s and the Fire Marshall in Jamestown New York do not conform to the philosophy electrical safety for hotel guests is paramount.

Not one of the outlets had a three pin grounded outlet and to make matters worse this included a receptacle right over the sink which in any North American jurisdiction must have a Ground Fault Interrupter installed, absolutely unacceptable.

The continental breakfast next morning was certainly adequate however I cancelled my second night as I would rather visit an establishment that honored its commitments even if it cost a little more.

Unfortunately most hotel chains distance themselves from poor customer service, blaming the individual establishment however I must state as an experienced and frequent traveler my first experience with Americas Best Value was substandard and disappointing.

• Liked — Departing
  • Disliked — Incompetent booking with no offer of discount for substandard room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank FlyingScotsAl
Roanoke
Reviewed 15 June 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here on a stop over to Niagara Falls during the Lucy Desi days this year. The motel was exactly what we expected it to be: no frills, but no problems either. The price was only 75 dollars a night and the room was dated, but it was an overall good experience. The breakfast was not good at all, but we did not expect breakfast for the price we paid.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
buffalo, ny
Reviewed 30 April 2008

its a newly remodled hotel but with a quaint old style motel feel to it. the rooms have a microwave, fridge and freezer for any food storage. the price is reasonable at 55 to 65 dollar range, it has internet access and cable tv. there is a desk and table in the room. the parking is excellent, right up to the doorway, not in some big parking lot. its mostly a 1 story building with a few units on a second floor. there is breakfast in the morning. the office staff was friendly and easy to talk with. overall it was like a vacation type experience even tho i am a business traveler. i enjoyed it very much.

• Liked — price, parking, close to my workplace
  • Disliked — none, it was fine
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamestown
Best Western Plus Downtown Jamestown
Hampton Inn & Suites Jamestown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jamestown
Comfort Inn Jamestown Falconer
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
The Spencer Hotel and Spa
#1 of 6 in Chautauqua

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Jamestown? Share your experiences!