“The service won me over”

Meadowbrook Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Jericho
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is a run of the mill motel with no particularly outstanding features...except the super friendly and attentive service! The common areas smell a little damp, but the rooms are clean, comfortable, and have everything you need - free wifi, comfortable beds, desk area, mounted cable tv, iron, fridge and microwave. The manager on duty went out of his way to give us a quiet room, extra pillows, and even offered to switch our room when the Wifi was not working (but it worked within a few minutes). Also helpful for directions to local restaurants etc. No complaints. We have stayed in smarter places on Long Island, but rarely anywhere with better services.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want and you will get it!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I checked into this motel for business purpose. I have been frequent traveler and this is the first time I regret that I did not choose franchise.after settling myself i walked out and sat on corner of the stair for 2 mins.I emphasize that stair was wide enough that even after I sat,I believe at least 2 people can pass.Front desk  person mr.richard approached me (shift was changed ) and without even verifying wether I am a guest there,he says that  "do not sit on the stairs it's annoying to other people." All I am doing is browsing my I phone for e mail... Then he says do u stay here ? ..I said yes..I said " U want me to show u motel key?" I  told him "First time any motel front desk person in my life told me that despite of you are a customer ...u can not sit on the property.it's like I paid for the  room only !  I don't understand what part was annoying ?me browsing on phone, sitting on property ? Or something more than that ? Being a minority ethnicity customer?

I did offer him that if any one wants to pass ... I am not blocking the stairs ... And I will give a way.now when I asked him that I need to talk to manager or supervisor .. He becomes angry says that talk to me or come tomorrow. Despite of repeated request he never gave phone or name of supervisor. ... So this is what u get treated at this place ! No management hierarchy ...! I told him that I will write this to management e mail.  After about 7 minutes lady comes as an owner with him.. And in front of her he literally bullied ...and only lady asked an apology ... I felt insulted and i personally did not feel safe at all...felt like mr.Richard was bullying and ignoring and did not care... And I stress on the fact that he bullied..! CLEAR VERBAL HARRASMENT !

If I can rate this motel negative ... I would rate for customer service.I would say I do at least 15 to 20 business trips in a year and so far this is the worst customer service experience I had.BEWARE ... Front desk person bullied in the presence of owner... And owner did not even stop him !

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Houstontravelmaniac
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We stayed here in September 2011 for an evening as we were traveling. The room was very clean but we had a hard time getting hot water for our showers. Nevertheless, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you need to be on the ground floor, call the hotel directly.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I was there a few days for business trip. The room was cleanner then I anticipated, also it was very comfortable to stay in during my business trip. Would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2011

A great value in long island the people are very helpful n make sure ur stay is pleasant will go there again

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 30 June 2011

i live in nassau county and just wanted to get away but couldn't afford it so i went online found the Meadowbrook lodge and booked it for the weekend. The experiance was great it was affordable, clean in a great area with a few beaches, lounges ect.
the room was beautiful I loved the island theme painting on the wall.
the service was excellent and the front desk staff very friendly and accomidating especially Richard. I would definetly return and have gone as far as refering the lodge to my friends and family

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2011

It was much better then I anticipated. No complaints. I will stay here next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jericho
Econo Lodge Hicksville
Econo Lodge Hicksville
#1 of 2 in Hicksville
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Meadowbrook Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!