“And another one will soon be biting the dust!”
Review of Vintage Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Vintage Bar & Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Merry Lane
Description: We dry age our steaks 28 to 35 days, hand made pastas, and purchase the highest quality ingredients.
Jericho, New York
“And another one will soon be biting the dust!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had been meaning to have dinner at Vintage for a while and chose our anniversary to give it a try.There have been so many restaurants there, that we like to wait to see if there is any longevity due to the "kiss of death" location. Our waiter seemed extremely knowledgable and we started with 2 amazing appetizers- Thai Calamari and Lobster Salad. They were both delicious. Then our entrees came. My husband's Chicken Margherita was a pounded slab of chicken which was tasteless; smothered with grape tomatoes. I ordered Angry Spaghetti, very al dente spaghetti in spicy red sauce with at least 30 grape tomatoes and crab meat that tasted very fishy. Maybe grape tomatoes were on sale at Whole Foods? We wont be back

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Robin W

Jericho, New York
“Hope this one survives”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This former long-time location of Cappricios has not been kind to several restaurants that have tried to capitalize on the location.
Hopefully Vintage will succeed. The food and service are great, one of the best rib eyes I have had anywhere, cooked to perfection
The staff is attentive and the décor is attractive. My only negative is if you get stuck at one of the tables in the very noisy and crowded bar area

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Frank N
Roslyn, New York
“Good Food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

for starters they honored our reservation but insisted that it not be on the 1/2 hour. Appetizers were good and the chopped house salad was enjoyable. The staff was on top of refilling the water glass and the bread tray.

Entree of sesame incrusted tuna was done perfectly black and blue, Filet Mignon Medallions were tasty, the Parmesan truffle fries were excellent as were the roasted vegetables.

• Visited March 2014
Massapequa, New York
“Vintage - When Old is New Again”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

So, these steakhouses are popping up all over the place and I can't put every one in "New & Noteworthy" - although this one certainly deserves the Noteworthy distinction. If you’ve been keeping up you know we were just at The Capital Grille in Roosevelt Field and we were more than pleased. In that same vein, we were just at The Vintage Bar & Grill in Jericho (which I hear took over the space that used to be Fulton & Prime). Now, I have to be honest here, this chef knows how to cook steak. If I understood correctly, the chef used to be the butcher at one of the other famous few steakhouses, and is now the chef here at Vintage. I am convinced that this is their secret. The bone in aged grilled rib-eye was the best I ever tasted, ever. And I didn’t even order it. But just looking at it I could tell my husband was in for a treat and I didn't want to miss out. Why? It was cut perfectly, there was the perfect amount of marbling, it was trimmed but not mangled, lightly seasoned, cooked to a perfect medium rare and served with the juices sizzling. Chimmichuri Sauce on the side. OMG, I was sorry I didn’t order it, and I don’t even eat steak. I had to trade some of my luscious Lobster Mac & Cheese just for a few bites! But it was worth it. We sat and tried to figure out whether it was the best steak we’ve had on our tour of Long Island Steakhouse steaks, and we decided it was tied for the top 3 (maybe top 2).
Ok, lets go back to the beginning. I love the décor! Its elegance mixed with cowboy!! Really, the chairs are covered with a fabric that looks like black and white cow-hide, the walls a a deep forest green with alligator texture, but there are chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. How can you not love that?!?! The ladies room is simple tiny 1 inch square tiles top to bottom, but the sinks are golden, and the mirrors are etched glass. You have to appreciate the contrast. You walk in and you are treated with the utmost care and elegance. You can bring your family and wear jeans and sneakers or take a date and wear your best dress and feel comfortable either way. They approach your food the same way. First of all, do not fill up on the bread basket, because it is tempting to do so (that cranberry muffin is delicious). For appetizers you have choices from oysters on the half shell or shrimp cocktail, to French onion soup; for dinner you can have pasta or a burger also. I chose the Duck Tacos (next to the steak, the best dish of the evening) and the baby lamb chops (grilled perfectly medium rare over a Greek salad with tzatziki (second best after the steak!)). I knew this was a big meal so I chose the Lobster Macaroni & Cheese Appetizer for my main course, and I still had some to take home. Now, going back to that steak, with a side of perfectly sautéed mixed mushrooms. The picture says a thousand words. It was, in fact, amazing.
Now, I was way too full for dessert, but my husband was wise enough to save half his steak (I don’t know how he restrained himself), and we shared Vintage’s new Banana’s Foster w/ Homemade Ice Cream and Banana Bread. OMG, don’t miss that one! They also have a decent wine list covering most of the globe and we chose a lovely Chateau Michel Riesling that went well with everything. Thank you to our kind and patient waiter Luiz, and all the staff at Vintage. We can’t wait to come back, and you will be at the top of our steakhouse list.

• Visited August 2013
Oakton, Virginia
“Would be an excellent, but my dinner was cold.”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We dined with three other couples and on balance the comments were very positive. My wife and my salad was excellent, the house Cabernet was superb, my wife's tuna was one of the best she has ever had and my friend's steak was the best he has ever had.

My shrimp scampi was very tasty, however it came out first along with my wife's tuna and was cold. Hence, a fair rating is food excellent, food process management fair.

We will dine at Vintage Bar & Grill again but I will say when I place my order I expect the entree to be hot! Bill B.

• Visited December 2013