“Exactly what we were looking for”

Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 10 December 2013

we needed a one night stay somewhere between buffalo ny area and spring city pa where we were going for a memorial service. We'd be arriving late..9p and leaving early..630a..so wanted something reasonably priced and somewhere we could get off/on the interstate quickly and just pull up and get our bags in our room quickly..not having to deal with elevators and long hallways. Just quick and easy. And that's what it was! We arrived and were greeted quickly by the young lady at the reception desk (nice touch with the Christmas tree in lobby) who checked us in quickly. I had seen that the rooms had been renovated and that was the reason we ended up at red roof and not the super 8 or knights inn etc.. we were pleasantly surprised the room looked just like the pictures...well except for the actual size was much smaller than the pictures looked. Sheets on the bed where clean and crisp..room smelled fresh..without any artificial perfumey scents. room was cold when we arrived however once we turned up the heater it was fine within a few short minutes. Very clean room! Good job Red Roof Binghamton..thanks

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Very friendly. Clean. Quiet. The room, though small, was just right for a comfortable and affordable overnight. The lobby had a very pleasant potpourri scent. The staff was friendly and very helpful with questions about directions and places to eat. The room was clean, sheets were clean. No smoke or any unpleasant smell. Nice flat screen TV. Everything worked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have to say this was one of the best Red Roof Inns that I have ever stayed at. Jen at the front desk has a great personality. She had a great recommendation for which room I should get. My room was nice, clean, and quiet, just what I needed! She also recommended an italian restaurant near the hotel which was excellent I think it was called Cacciatore's. My only complaint is that the internet did not work very well. I did call down to the desk and Jen did call the internet provider but it did not seem to help too much. Other than that I will be back again next time I'm traveling. Thanks for a great stay in Binghamton.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We just finished a 3 night stay at this Red Roof Inn. We were in Room 117. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Everything worked. There was plenty of light. Check-in and Check-out were fast and easy. I got the best rate from booking.com. The property seemed very well maintained. The heating unit worked very well and was the quietest I've ever seen in any motel. The bathroom was kind of small and we didn't like the high toilet, but this was very minor. This Red Roof Inn would definitely be my first choice in the Binghamton area for my next trip assuming the rate was competitive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stay at Red Roof Inn on a regular basis, but this one is one of the best. Away from the street, the property is not plagued by traffic noise. My room faced the courtyard, which made my night's rest even more quiet. No headlights, slamming trunks or car doors. What a treat. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is pretty nice for what it is only I wish though wifi works better, being I do work via Internet. Is also convenient to the highway and also many restaurants and a shopping mall right next door.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We arrived and found the bathroom with Pink dust on the floor and tub area and reported it to the front desk so it could be cleaned while we were out after check in. When we returned it seems they tried to mask the cleaning by doing a worse job than before and we also noticed the balance of the room was not clean and complained to management on our departure. The front desk issued a 15.00 credit and we wrote to the management who after out review offered a $50.00+ dollar credit for our dissatisfaction.The bath tub area had black mold in the corners just to add to our dissatisfaction.

Room Tip: Look before you sleep
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. The poor room cleanliness that you note is not typical of our hotel and I am very sorry that you had such a poor experience. We want all of our guets to be completely satisfied with their stays and if we were unable to provide you with a stay that is 100% satisfactory we do not expect your to pay. We fell short of our goal and I hope that you will allow us to accommodate you in the future and provide you with a room that exceeds your expecations and meets Red Roof Inns, Inc.'s quality standards. Please feel free to contact me directly to dicuss your stay further at 607-729-8940. Your feedback will help us to improve our product and become and even better hotel.

Marcy Nelson

4 mi away
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City? Share your experiences!