“Clean and Affordable”

Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel was clean and affordable for a last minute weekend stay. We didn't find any problems with our room. Enjoyed having a mini fridge and flat screen T.V. Wish the sheets were a little softer but other than that a very good value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah B

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We used this hotel as a mid-point between Ottawa and Baltimore, and were so pleased we went back on our way home from Baltimore. Rented two rooms, got AAA discount, very good value, very clean updated rooms, well lit parking lot, coffee and hot chocolate available and water bottles. Walk to Pizza Hut or Taco Bell (good if you are too exhausted to drive anywhere), easy access to the I-81, close to shopping. Can't say I saw anything wrong with it, not a luxury hotel, but great value, quiet, clean and modern. What more when you just need to rest your head?

Room Tip: If you book ahead of time, try to get a downstairs room or you have to haul your luggage upstairs yo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MrsSweetPea
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Remodeled RR was a great value, modern & clean, with fridge/micro, flat screen TV, and lots of easily acceptable outlets for your laptop & chargers. Park in front of your room with it's own outside entrance door which makes it so much easier to transfer luggage to & from the room rather than wrestle an unwieldy cart down a long carpeted hallway. Parking lot was well lit and we felt our vehicles were safe. Excellent customer service ~ Anita at the front desk was wonderful on the phone & even nicer in person & check in was a breeze. My husband wears a leg brace & she went out of her way to accommodate our needs. Natalie the next morning was just as sweet at check out the next morning. Icing on the cake was the great price! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LINDA H
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I visit my son near Binghamton a few times a year and have stayed at other hotels. This is the best value by far! The room has a great work area and a very comfortable bed. The room is as nice as the more expensive hotels nearby, but is priced like the cheap inn down the road. All the amenities I need, easy to find, close to everything. The staff is very friendly and helpful. so affordable I was able to extend my visit!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryEllen444
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here on 12/13/13. The room was great, looked clean, and was comfortable. The price was great and it's conveniently located. But when we woke up in the morning, we found two live bed bugs - one in the bed and one in the shower. The hotel refunded our money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kerry t
GMRRI203, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Kerry T I am very happy to report that we had your room professionally inspected and there were no bed bugs found. As finding any sort of insect is a most unpleasant situation, I completely understand your dissatisfaction with your stay and as such we did not feel you should pay for a stay that was less than exceptional. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable room for all our guests and while we met those needs, we fell short of the mark, as you had unwanted visitors that we did not plan for. I do hope you would consider returning in the future as our personnel are trained to inspect our rooms in an ongoing effort to keep our hotel free of such problems. Feel free to ask a member of my staff or myself to personally inspect your room upon arrival which would hopefully allow you to sleep peacefully, knowing you will not be visited during your sleep. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly at 607-729-8940.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Was forced off the road due to weather and this Inn really fits the bill. What I love about the Roof is that stick to a simple formula: a clean room at an affordable price. Many chains will offer things such as in-room coffee, and continental breakfast that the just don't do well.

This Inn offered a friendly staff, a quiet room, all at a super-low price. My only nit would be it's not easily accessible from I-81. But it's worth the slight detour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank C-Way3
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

This Red Roof was my stopping point on a 2-day drive from Knoxville, TN to Concord, NH. It was an absolutely great stay. The inn is right off the main drag in Johnson City so it was near all the major shopping/eating places but just far enough away for a peaceful rest. The room was comfortable with a great king size bed that was easy to get a good night's sleep. The shower's water pressure was superb and the cleanliness of the room was fantastic. If you are passing through Binghamton or staying for a while, I highly recommend this as your place to stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal

Been to Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City? Share your experiences!