“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Ohio
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Hotel was clean, staff was helpful and courteous. Nice landscaping. Room was basic but everything worked, offered no amenities like coffee maker in room, continental breakfast in a.m. but there was good coffee in the lobby. Large indoor shopping mall across the street. Lots of places to eat, most within walking distance. Rooms were quiet. Dislike: Wi-Fi was available but not free in all rooms. There was a charge to use Wi-Fi in most rooms through T-Mobile.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
California
Reviewed 3 August 2009

After a 5 day trip to NYC my daugher and I came here for her to attend a volleyball camp at BU. She stayed in the dorms and I stayed here.

First off let me say that we travel alot for volleyball. We've stayed at some upscale city hotels, some extended stay hotels, and some middle of the road places. The Red Roof Inn by far has the friendliest, most helpful staff that I have encountered in quite some time! When I checked in the two ladies at the desk were more than happy to talk about things to do during my stay...especially the Spiedie Fest (which sadly I missed)! Every morning (when I went to the lobby for coffee) I was greated with smile and kind word. Janice was there most mornings and was always willing to take the time to give me directions to other places of interest.

The room was clean and honestly, I didn't find it any smaller than a tower room at the Marriott. There aren't many amenities in the room, but I asked for a blow dryer and iron w/board and they were brought to my room within seconds! There was a microwave and refridgerator in the room, at no extra charge (very nice when on a tight budget).

Frankly, the only "issue" I had was there were alot of construction workers staying there as well and most of them smoked. I had a first floor room and for 2 days they might as well have been in my room the smell was so bad...but that is through no fault of the hotel!

For a woman travelling alone or a family with small children, this hotel is just perfect. I felt safe...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Flushing, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I took my daughter to university and stay one night at this hotel. The property is very will maintained. For a motel style establishment I found the external light at night to be great. Very bright and safe. The staff was friendly and the first desk was efficient in getting me to my room as fast as they could. The rooms are smallish especially the bathroom but very clean. The TV services are a good combination of free and fee service. Bed was comfortable. I could have used an extra pillow. and someone had a dog in a room close by. The barking was annoying. even with that I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
VT
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Got a great internet rate ($60) and had a very clean & comfortable room. Was back through the area 2 nights later and stayed again. They first put me in a "non-smoking" room that reeked (and didn't compare to the one I had stayed in 2 nights previously) so I went back to the front desk and they put me in a much better room. Quality of the rooms varies significantly - so don't be afraid to ask to change rooms - front desk folks are very good. I had great rooms in the building that houses the office (northern of the two buildings). Easy access off Rt 17 (and those traveling 88 and 81) although more signage would help. Very safe area, nearby mall and food. Good shower pressure! Much better than the $100/night or $39/night hotels nearby.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Stayed an overnighter. First impression of the room was that I was in a cruise ship. Everything tight and tidy. Toilet and bathtub in one room with vanity outside. Bathroom was small. No small bottles of shampoo, one bar of soap, and no tissues. Radiator sounded like a subway passing a room by the el.. Beds comfy but a tad soft. Staff was friendly and helpful. I sound critical but want to be as descriptive as possible I would come here again being that I paid $65.00 for the room. Didn't like $5.00 charge per extra guest per night since I have kids.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Elmhurst, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I spent the night here while travelling from New York City to Toronto. I booked the internet rate of $38.49. I arrived after midnight and was quickly given my room with king sized bed. The room was not big, but enough room to move around and store anything. The room was spotless and fresh smelling as was the bathroom. TV was great with an expanded cable selection. There is free coffee in the morning in the lobby. While this is far from luxury, for a small cost you get a decent, clean, well maintained room. Would recommend to anyone staying or travelling through the Binghamton area.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
marphil67
Reviewed 5 October 2008

With gas so high and other hotels either $100 or more a night, it was great to get a CLEAN deal at a hotel. Great location near mall and easy off highway. Rooms clean and cool design. Staff helpful and friendly- hard to find also now a days. Will definitely be back again!

• Liked — clean and affordable
  • Disliked — T-Mobile
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown

Been to Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City? Share your experiences!