I stayed at the Red Roof Inn this past weekend since I was in town for family business. Let me just say, that as a female, traveling alone, this is the LAST place I would stay knowing what I know now. First of all, the doors to the rooms are outside. I feel much better with an inside room door as it affords me another layer of protection. Secondly, the doors and the windows are on the same wall, which face the walk, so you have to keep the curtains drawn even during the day because people are walking buy. Lastly, after I stayed there, my cousin, who lives in town, informs me there have been several drug busts there, probably due to the convenient location and the price! It's also in a busy section,across from the mall, but at the top of the hill, only thing being across from it is a cemetery.
The towels are one step above burlap. The bathroom, one of the split kind with the sink outside and the toilet and tub inside, is so small, I mean SO SMALL, one literally has to stand in the tub or on top of the toilet to close the door. It was also noisy - I could hear people someplace kind of partying until midnight, when I fell asleep, and the when the person next door took a shower at 3:30 am. there was a gentle roar in my room until the water shut off.
The PROS are it was clean, and they have a microwave and fridge, and a nice work area. One could argue the price is good, but you get what you pay for.
There are lots of other hotels in the area - you could also cross the river into VESTAL and stay over there.
So my advice, particularly if your female, is to stay someplace else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated 107 rooms hotel conveniently located adjacent to the Oakdale Mall shopping center and retaurants. Quick drive to all area attractions such as Binghamton Senators and BMets games, Binghamton University, Enjoie Golf Course, as well as both Lourdes and Wilson Hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Johnson City / Binghamton Hotel Johnson City
- Johnson City Red Roof Inn
- Red Roof Inn Binghamton