Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
“Great hidden treasure”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This was a nice place with trails and scenic views. Good location to the triple city area, close to interstate access. We did not use the spa or golf but the services are available and look nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. There aren't refrigerators in all of the rooms but if you ask you can get one. You can also earn points from frequent stays. It appears the facilities are used for events on the weekends but it is quiet during the week. This is a nice getaway and is a different experience from the corporate chain hotels. Look for specials on rates by calling the desk.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary P
kfata, Assistant General Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for such positive feedback! Our team continually strives to exceed every guest’s expectations during each visit to Traditions. We welcome all guest observations; it is the greatest evaluation to determine we are providing unsurpassed service as we endeavor to do. Again, thank you and we look forward to assisting with your next visit to Traditions!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We arrived on a Friday night and they had outdoor barbecue and band playing at back of hotel. Our reservation was not in the system and fortunately I had printout of hotels.com with me to prove I made a reservation. First the pro's : the bed was very comfortable, room and bathroom clean, enough towels, the location is beautiful and restful, friendly staff, breakfast was good with bacon, scrambled eggs, danish, bagels, waffles, juices...
Con's : unless you booked a suite, our ground floor room was very cramped, one of the smallest hotel rooms I stayed in. The shade did not roll up, which made the dark room even darker.
The band played till 10pm, I thought that after that I was going to have a good night sleep, no such luck. There was a tent behind our room where that evening a rehearsal dinner/party? took place and for unknown reasons the staff started emptying the tent of the furniture at 10.15pm and this was done with all the racket expected, slamming doors in the hallway, loud talking, furniture scraping on the floor. This went on till 1.15am, no thought that maybe guests were trying to sleep...
Do not stay here during weekend, unless of course you are attending a party or wedding and you are up till the wee hours anyway.
I did have to laugh with the sign in the hall way that said to be mindful of the other guests and not disturb them?!?

Room Tip: Reserve a suite, stay during the week.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank belgianannie
We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for not providing you with our best standards. Our traditional rooms with one king bed are on the cozy side. The owners utilized two original rooms from when the property served IBM. We have a few other room type options which might appeal to any guest wishing for a little more space. In the summer we partner with a local radio station to provide live entertainment on Fridays and offering a lite fair menu. We have shared your feedback with regards to our team clearing and cleaning the Valley View tent after an event. For this we deeply apologize. The signs in the hallways denoting quiet zones are for guests and employees alike of which we have reminded our team. This is not a typical practice of moving equipment at such a late hour in an area guests are attempting to sleep. We make every effort to ensure ALL of our guests have a wonderful experience with Traditions. We would certainly welcome an opportunity to serve you again and exceed your expectations. Thank you for your valuable feedback as we endeavor to be extraordinary!
Oberlin, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband booked the Thomas J. Watson suite for my 50th birthday. It was beautiful and amazingly comfortable. We had a nice walk on the trails that wander through a nature preserve near the hotel, then a drink in the tavern with an amazing view. It was very quiet and restful. Nice breakfast. Then a treat at the spa adjoining. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
How wonderful you had an opportunity to join us in one of our deluxe suites for such a special occasion! It is one of our favorite rooms capturing a bit of history with its original bathroom, fireplace and wood floors. We enjoy sharing the vast history that comes with these suites. The hiking trails at the Glen, part of the Waterman Conservation Center, are a wonderful retreat. They say if you wander off the trails you might even come across some of the old water pipes that used to supply “tent city” with running water! We have gladly shared your comments with our team at the Spa also. The beginning of the week is usually the ‘quiet’ time around Traditions. In the summer on Friday nights we try to spice things up a bit with live music. We do look forward to the opportunity to serve during your next visit to the area.
River Edge, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at Traditions in February 2012 and again on June 30th. The staff was accomodating and allowed us to check in 45 minutes early. We love it here and will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback! We are grateful that after your first visit with us you choose to stay again! We do endeavor to accommodate requests for early arrival and departure based upon availability as well as many other requests. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future!
NY
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed at Traditions this past Friday night on our way upstate. We wished we could have stayed longer. The drive up the hill to the resort was very pretty as is the hotel. We had arrived after 10pm to a very warm and welcoming greeting from the staff. We had our 3 year old with us and one of the staff members at the desk asked us if we would like some cereal for her to eat. We didn't need it but the offer was so genuine and appreciated. The room was very nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was nice and the shower good. My only suggestion would be to increase (improve) the lighting in the bathroom. The following morning we had breakfast which was just perfect at a table with a lovely view. Overall, we had a great experience and will definitely return and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
We are so pleased to hear that we were a ‘nice surprise’ on your ventures in New York. It is the desire of our team to ensure you feel as though you are home, with a few extras. We truly appreciate your comments with regard to improved lighting in our guest bathrooms and have passed along this information to the owners for consideration. It is valued guests such as yourself providing us with productive feedback which enables us at Traditions to continually strive towards excellence.
Glastonbury CT.
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I stay at Traditions on average twice a month. This is by far my favorite hotel. The staff is great. I have never had an issue at Traditions. Everyone goes out of thier way to make sure my stay is special. I love the beds with all the pillows.

Room Tip: The end rooms with fireplaces are great. Great Tavern, great food!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
We look forward to your visits every month! We are so glad you had an opportunity to stay with us a couple of years and have continued a ‘tradition’ of being our guest.
Malta, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2012

When I saw the nightly price we paid for this hotel, I was surprised. It already even sounded too nice for such a low price according to my coworker's explanation of the hotel and his experiences there. We checked in and he was greeted with a little bag filled with some beverages and candies. Thats nice service. Checking in was super fast and easy. When I saw my room, I was blown away. The beds are large and nicely spaced out. Everything looks like you're in the super fancy guest room of your cousins house. My view was also spectacular, looking out at the fountain and down the grounds and all the way past the road to the mountains. The bathroom is so nice, and again it felt more like a home bathroom than a hotel bathroom which I appreciated. They also provide a magnifier light-up mirror which is great for ladies applying makeup. The complimentary toiletries are luxury by RUSK which I loved because they smell great!

The beds were amazing- like sleeping on a cloud! They have a huge pillowtop on them. The TV's are old and my remote didn't work all too well but I'll trade a good TV for the amazing mattress ANYDAY.

We did have dinner at the hotel restaurant. They had an event going on so our food did take a little longer to come out. We tried the crab and artichoke appetizer which was delicious- we could've used extra crustini. I chose the crabcakes for dinner. I thought they'd be lump crab but it was more like canned minced crab. They didn't have great flavor. And my vegetables were pretty bland, so my plate stayed mostly full. I'd probably give it another chance, maybe they were having an off night.

They do have breakfast in the morning and I actually made it there once. They have a waffle machine, offered some scones and toast and fresh fruit salad. They had juices and coffee. Overall a nice complimentary breakfast offering.

I can't wait to stay at this hotel again. Oh, and they put fresh baked cookies out at night next to the front desk! Another homey touch that I appreciated and thought was so neat. The front desk staff I dealt with were all extremely nice. I really don't have a single thing to complain about, other than I wish I could've the mattress home with me !

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
You have left us speechless! We are delighted that you had a more than enjoyable stay with us at Traditions! It is our goal to surpass every expectation every visit! We truly apologize that you dinner was not up to our standards and do hope, as you offered, we are granted an opportunity to exceed your expectations. We have shared your constructive comments with our Chef and his team. As for the fabulous mattresses, you CAN take one home with you!! We offer our guests the chance to purchase through Traditions with a fantastic discount! We genuinely thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to serving you in future visits to the Greater Binghamton Area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
Fairfield Inn Binghamton
#4 of 13 in Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University

Been to Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Property: Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Address: 4101 Watson Blvd, Johnson City, NY 13790-1028
Region: United States > New York > Johnson City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City 3.5*
Imagine an exhilarating round of golf, a pampering spa treatment, superb dining and luxurious accommodations all in one scenic, historic destination. Nestled amid rolling hills and a lovely wooded area, our hotel in the Greater Binghamton Area offers unique rooms and spacious suites, an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service, state of the art spa, salt sanctuary and seasonal Tavern dining letting you enjoy your leisure time without leaving the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traditions At The Glen Hotel Johnson City