“Beautiful place with excellent service”

Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Beautiful place with excellent service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Traditions is a bit off the beaten path. Indeed it is overlooking the path and Susquahanna River. It is the old IBM Homestead used by Tom Watson to reward and entertain. Beautiful building. Great food. Attentive service. Worth the price and the trip.

Stayed April 2014
GuestServices2014, Guest Relations Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Traditions at the Glen. Our Guest Service team takes great pride in providing quality accommodations for all guests. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was the second time we've stayed at Traditions, and both times were for very special occasions, and have been absolutely wonderful, cozy, and relaxing experiences!! I wish it didnt end so soon!! I can't imagine staying somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2014
GuestServices2014, Front Office Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Traditions at the Glen. We are so happy to hear how much you enjoy our hotel. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.
North Carolina USA
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My mother-in-law's funeral was this weekend in Binghamton, and we were so grateful to find enough rooms at Tradition for family members who needed them. The staff was wonderful. They kept the kitchen open late so we could eat delicious food together after the viewing, put up with lots of loud Murphys, helped us out when needed, were always cheerful, and made what was a very difficult time much easier. The price was incredibly reasonable, and the breakfast lots better than most hotels. I can't thank the staff enough for their kindness and patience. Management should be proud of their employees!

Room Tip: The king size bed rooms are a wonderful size!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
GuestServices2014, Guest Relations Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Traditions at the Glen. We are so happy to hear your praises of our staff, the food and your experience here. We are so very sorry for your loss but we are glad you found comfort at our Hotel and by the way you were treated by our staff.
Binghamton, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

When I want a special date night/day or a very special golf outing, I choose Traditions. My girl and I look forward to beginning a special time with the 100 minute couples massage to soothe tired muscles, calm nerves, reduce stress etc. we enjoy pre-and post massage relaxation and quiet conversation with spring water and then off to a steam and shower all the while listening to music to create that special mood. We then head up to the tavern for cocktails followed by a delicious meal and, occasionally live entertainment. This is our Valentines week tradition at Traditions. A delightful time and treat enjoyed several times a year. I would also say that the golf course, club house, service etc. at Triditions is my favorite in the triple cities area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael W
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Traditions at the Glen. Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We truly enjoy your kind words and we are glad our staff has made such a positive impact on your stays here. We look forward to your next visit!
New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Enjoyed the Eisenhower Suite with my husband for his birthday celebration. Loved the fact they have pictures of the original room from years ago...reminded me of a cozy B&B room. The Tavern restauraunt had a beautiful roaring fire and the food was tasty. Although we did not use the Spa, I have been there many times and it is top notch.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelFDSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Traditions at the Glen. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The Eisenhower Suite is one of our favorite guest rooms along with the Janette Watson Suite which you should try on your next visit. It is just as charming as the Eisenhower with a few modern updates such as the Jacuzzi Tub, Tile Shower and fireplace inside the bathroom. Thank you, and we look forward to your next visit to Traditions at the Glen.
Endicott, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This review is only for the spa part of traditions. I received a gift card to go there for christmas to receive a massage and manicure. I chose the aromatherapy massage and spa manicure. All the staff that greeted me was excellent and my massage therapist was wonderful! Though when it came to my manicure it was a different story. I did not like how i went from a very relaxing enviroment to a salon where there was alot of talking. I got the spa manicure which is 50 minutes but it felt very rushed and the girl admitted she didnt like to do nails. On top of that when they said i was dry and good to get dressed my nails smudged. The front desk was quick to resolve the issue and only charged me for a regular manicure because of the issue and had them repaint my nails. Because of that i will go back but i will make sure to only receive services within the spa and not the salon.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Keuka21
HotelFDSupport, Spa Manager at Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on your experience at The Spa at Traditions. We are happy you had a wonderful experience with your massage at the Spa and we apologize that your manicure did not meet our standards but we are happy that we were able to resolve it for you. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I recently spent 3 days at Traditions just for the purpose of getting some tranquility into busy lives. We could not have picked a better place. We were treated like we were the most important guests they had. The front desk was amazingly helpful. I can only give everyone 5 stars from Management to Maintenance.

We stayed in the Eisenhower suite and even though there were events under us, we were not disturbed at all. I do wish the fire in the fireplace was a little more exciting but the fire in the dining room made up for it. Housekeeping did a fabulous job with our room. We had an appointment in town one morning and when we came back in the afternoon, even the ice bucket was filled and waiting for us. The bed was wonderful and comfortable, although it was very high for me. No need to worry -- the front desk sent me up a stool. I loved the bathroom in our room -- a giant old cast iron tub, just like it was in the 1920's. Even the fixtures were like we had growing up, as well as the old ceramic towel bars and very original tile floor. Nothing extreme and fancy, just very large and original like I had growing up.

We loved the view of the city from our windows -- so inviting, like being up on a hill and looking down for miles. The Christmas decorations were breath-taking and even my husband (you know how men are) noticed that it was exceptionally done. Elegant and tasteful but not gaudy.

We had breakfast each morning in the dining room and the chef took the time to make individual hot breakfast because they were not doing their buffet one morning. However, even the buffet includes hot eggs, sausage, and bacon. The fruit was fresh and inviting and they had a multitude of other choices. One morning, my husband was ill and the chef made breakfast and took it up to the room for him.

Our evening dinners were equally delicious. The dining room was small and intimate which we liked. If you are looking for a dining facility with a large extended menu, this in not the place to choose. But it served our needs exactly as we wanted. They serve a wonderful crab cake meal and the Key West seafood pasta meal was exceptional. It included at least 5 large scallops, 4 very large shrimp, sundried tomatoes and artichokes, along with a salad and hot fresh rolls -- all for $21.

The Wi-Fi was probably the best of any hotel I had staying in. The hotel was busy but we never felt intruded upon.

We were only 40 miles from home but it could have been 400 miles. Once there, it felt like we were home and most of the daily stresses of normal life just disappeared. I certainly plan to tell all my friends about this gem so close to home and we look forward to returning once or twice a year for a little break. This is truly a first class hotel. (And I can write all this honestly, in spite of having received a devastating doctor's report while we were there.)

I depend on Trip Advisor reviews to guide our choices and this hotel satisfied me completely, without reservation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front toward the golf course have the best views. The suites are gorgeous. The Eisenh...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at Traditions at the Glen. We are honored to hear all of the wonderful things you had to say about our resort. Our only goal is to make our guests feel at home and special. We are happy that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnson City
DoubleTree by Hilton Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Hampton Inn & Suites Binghamton / Vestal
Best Western Plus Of Johnson City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Binghamton/Vestal
Hampton Inn Binghamton Johnson City

Been to Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City

Property: Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City
Address: 4101 Watson Blvd, Johnson City, NY 13790-1028
Region: United States > New York > Johnson City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Johnson City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City 3.5*
Imagine an exhilarating round of golf, a pampering spa treatment, superb dining and luxurious accommodations all in one scenic, historic destination. Nestled amid rolling hills and a lovely wooded area, our hotel in the Greater Binghamton Area offers unique rooms and spacious suites, an 18-hole championship golf course, a full-service, state of the art spa, salt sanctuary and seasonal Tavern dining letting you enjoy your leisure time without leaving the property. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Traditions at the Glen Resort and Hotel - Binghamton/Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Traditions At The Glen Hotel Johnson City