“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Johnstown
Croton On Hudson
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife & I booked a single nights stay while attending a Wedding in Canajohari.
I was very impressed with the motel staff. They were personable and professional and made our brief stay very enjoyable.
I look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Amar P, General Manager at Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for giving us a positive review, I am glad to hear my staff was very helpfull. Please stay with us when you are in ther area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a much better place if what you are looking for is a good nights sleep after a long drive.It's quiet, even when heavily booked.Queen bed rooms have a cushy rocking easy chair-so comfy ! It was clean and decorated with pleasant colors-unlike the bilious green of the Microtel.Staff were friendly and helpful.They accepted my coupon-which gave me a great price ! Big flat screen TV with lots of channels.Good reading lamps.I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms available.Rooms with two beds do not have the cushy chair.Rooms facing the back ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Amar P, General Manager at Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you giving us positive review, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please consider to visit us in future. Again thank you for choosing Super8.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were four couples on a road trip through the Adirondacks and we booked this stop based on Trip Advisor reviews. We booked early to save and were definitely not disappointed. The rooms were all we expected - clean and comfortable - and the location served our needs very well. Moreover every room was booked when we arrived, so the bargain we got booking early seemed even more valuable. Kudos to the staff at this location - we were all treated very well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Super8. I am glad to hear you found your hotel to your expecations. We will kkep up the good work.
Albany, NY
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel overnight for a wedding in the area- hotel was clean and quiet- when I booked it turns out I made a mistake and booked a smoking room. Velma at the front desk went over and above to get the situation rectified (which she did)....and then on check in Beverly couldn't have been any nice- helping in every way. If you have a reason to be traveling through- it is a good choice in the area and a very reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for Staying with us, I am glad to hear you were happy with my staff and cleaniness of our hotel. Please consider us if you are in the area.
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We came for my High School reunion the other 2 hotels were booked so we had no choice but to stay at the Super 8. I called and spoke with someone that appeared not to be at that location, he was unable to answer simple questions and was not very helpful so I booked my room online. I have difficulty with stairs and there is no elevator in the facility, so you guessed it we were on the third floor. We found the rooms do have an in wall ac unit that works ok but is loud and there is a flat panel tv, but the rooms need a severe remodel. The bathroom had a granite counter top but the tub was old and the shower head was difficult to adjust. There are cracks in the wall next to the tub and the fan in the bathroom was full of dust. The chair at the desk had some nasty stains on it and I was afraid to sitting on it. On the plus side the room has a microwave and mini fridge that work great and the staff was courteous. Will not stay there again, unless they do major rehab.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Fourteen of us on a group motorcycle ride arrived and checked in at the same time. The receptionist was friendly and courteous to all of us and checked us all in quickly and efficiently. My room was clean and up-to-date, I especially enjoyed the large flat screen TV from the recliner. Being able to make my own waffle for breakfast was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tim F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
Knights Inn Amsterdam
Knights Inn Amsterdam
#2 of 2 in Amsterdam

Been to Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville? Share your experiences!