“Great customer service”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Johnstown
Houston, TX
“Great customer service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had to find a hotel near Palentine NY for a family reunion and most if not all the hotels were completely booked. We finally got a reservation at this Super 8 in and after reading reviews I knew pretty much what to expect. Yes the rooms are small but found them to be very clean. The breakfast in the morning which is included had coffee, waffles, and assorted muffins but no fruit which would have been nice. We ended up going to the Dunkin Donuts to get something to eat there. The best thing we got was when we needed a recommendation for dinner and the hotel clerk recommended Lanzi's on the Lake. It was perfect dining on the lake and great weather. It is a Super 8 but I found this one to be better than most Super 8's out there.

Room Tip: I would make sure you get the top floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Amar P, General Manager at Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us, positive review like yours does show my staff hard work. Please visit us again, thank you for choosing Super8.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Onset
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I arrived late. Beverly was very, friendly, helpful, and provided all that was needed. easy access. imaculate inside and out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I don't know why people say this place is nice. It's not. The only reason I stayed here is because the Holiday Inn was full. Upon arrival, I was told I was upgraded to a "suite". It had a kitchen that stunk of food. The room was furnished with garage sale furniture and the bathroom shower head was grungy looking. The room was depressing at best. The free breakfast is a joke.
Housekeeping smokes outside the front door of the Hotel. Just what I need as I'm leaving in the morning, is to walk through a cloud of second hand smoke. No business should allow smoking by anyone any where near the main entrance. On a good note, Sam's Steak and Seafood restaurant down the road within walking distance was excellent!!

Room Tip: Don't get a suite with a kitchen, as the kitchen will probably stink
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Amar P, General Manager at Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am sorry to hear our room are not at Holiday inn standard, We Will defenilaty make this corrections and let the staff know to choose a proper smoking area. Thank you.
Croton On Hudson
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife & I booked a single nights stay while attending a Wedding in Canajohari.
I was very impressed with the motel staff. They were personable and professional and made our brief stay very enjoyable.
I look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for giving us a positive review, I am glad to hear my staff was very helpfull. Please stay with us when you are in ther area.
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a much better place if what you are looking for is a good nights sleep after a long drive.It's quiet, even when heavily booked.Queen bed rooms have a cushy rocking easy chair-so comfy ! It was clean and decorated with pleasant colors-unlike the bilious green of the Microtel.Staff were friendly and helpful.They accepted my coupon-which gave me a great price ! Big flat screen TV with lots of channels.Good reading lamps.I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms available.Rooms with two beds do not have the cushy chair.Rooms facing the back ha...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Amar P, General Manager at Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you giving us positive review, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please consider to visit us in future. Again thank you for choosing Super8.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
Holiday Inn Johnstown - Gloversville
Super 8 Amsterdam
Super 8 Amsterdam
#1 of 2 in Amsterdam

Been to Super 8 Johnstown/Gloversville? Share your experiences!