“Great but not worth the money”
Review of Real Simulation

Real Simulation
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great but not worth the money”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We travel quite a lot and every time we go on an aeroplane, my partner says he would be able to fly the plane if something happened. Time to put your words in to action! I bought him the 1 2 1 60 minute flight experience for christmas. The bonus for us was that I was able to join him for the pre flight briefing and join him in the cockpit for the flight. So no chance of him bigging himself up! Lol. The staff were extremely nice and made us feel very welcome. Pete, my partners pilot was a gem with extensive knowledge. We could listen to his stories forever! The pre flight briefing gave my partner a general understanding of the controls and which instruments he was going to be using and monitoring. The whole experience was a blast, however, my partner said it didn't feel like he had much input to flying the simulator himself. Maybe we had high expectations but we thought there just wasn't enough time. It would of been a little better if he had instructions from an air traffic controller ( perhaps pre recorded) and allowed to have put some data into the instruments himself.This would of made it much more realistic. A second experience would probably make the 'penny drop' but at £369 that's probably not going to happen. Overall a great once in a life time experience but could of been made a little more realistic. Thank you Pete, it was a total pleasure meeting you. X

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Hmplant0808

lisaleeds
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience, friendly and helpful staff and an ideal gift!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I bought the 40 minute 737 flying experience for my boyfriend as a birthday gift and he loved it!!. I came to the location and the comment about ensuring you leave plenty of time is right so check exactly when you need to get there and how long it takes as you will need longer than the 40 minute experience (think we needed an hour and a half which was about right but check for your own experience to be sure). There is a good range of magazines and drinks machine if anyone chooses to wait for someone having this flying experience.

From the moment we walked in all the staff were excellent and my boyfriend loved the experience of learning to fly with the pilot called Pete and said he was very knowledgeable and interesting as talked about his experiences of flying in different countries.

The experience consisted of flying to Aberdeen and included a pretend fire in an engine and my partner said it was really good. As this simulator moves I knew after doing a bit of research this would be better and more realistic than a simulator that was static (as many of them are).

He also bought a picture of himself in the cock-pit and this was great and looks realistic!.. All in all we would highly recommend this company particularly for someone that is hard to buy for (my partner does not enjoy flying but advised the experience has in no way put him off!)...

Visited September 2013
Cirencester, United Kingdom
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“allow plenty of time”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

my husband had this experience for a 50th present, an experience in a 737 he thoroughly enjoyed as a frustrated RAF reject!Highly recommend for would be or frustrated pilots but be aware the whole experience takes 2 hours not the time on the voucher, something we were not aware of and nearly missed an appointment elsewhere because of it. The experience may also be shared with another person although this does in no way reduce your own time flying, just that half the session is for the benefit of the other person, not you, which may or may not be interesting, my husband shared his experience with someone who was training to be a pilot so watching my husbands amateur landings (or crashes) was probably very boring for them! Easy to find, plenty of parking, lovely reception area with free coffee and loads of current magazines, there is space for one guest to watch the experience in the simulator but no more although the captain was happy to show everyone the simulator at the beginning. Great present and for the time spent value for money compared to some of the airport based experiences.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Christina I
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Superb session in the 737 simulator”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

A truly brilliant experience.
My wife bought me a 121 sesison in the 737 sim for my 50th birthday.
We had 2 nights in Harrogate so I could do the sim session before moving on to York for 4 nights.

Visited June 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“"World's Worst Pilot?"”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have just about "landed" after my "Big Birthday" treat of a 40 min flight simulator session at "RealSimulation".......I had a choice of Boeing 737 or F4 Phantom Fighter!! I've never seen myself as a "Top Gun", so I opted for the 737-200 series......having been a passenger on a few past flights to Spain/Greece!!
The whole experience lasts for around 2 hours...gift vouchers( valid for 9 months) are available for 20,40, or 60 mins in the Captain's seat flying the aircraft! Peter was so patient and knowledgeable as my Instructor/Co-Pilot.........with 60 years flying experience he had plenty of tales to entertain me with!! I now will have even greater respect for what goes on in the cockpit to ensure I get safely to any future holiday destination! I could not believe so many instrument dials/displays and switches, and the sensitivity of the controls.....flying "straight and level" was quite a challenge!!
My first landing attempt at Aberdeen ended up on the grass alongside the runway....I could hear people saying ..."should have gone to SpecSavers!" I did get better as my session progressed....experiencing day/night flying, poor visibility and even an engine fire....Peter had a keen sense of fun!!
After 40 mins as Captain I was exhausted.....but it was WOW!....absolutely brilliant!....LOVED IT!
I have a fabulous 10x8 photo in the Captain's seat to remember an amazing day!
Other options are a F4 Phantom fighter jet experience, or if you've a fear of flying they have a Formula 1 racing car to test your Adrenaline!!
If you fancy making a really special stay for this experience it is just 1 mile from "Rudding Park Hotel"....voted Number1 in UK's Top 25 hotels in TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice 2013!!

Visited June 2013