“Perfect spot in the Adirondacks”
Review of Dartbrook Lodge

Dartbrook Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Keene B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Perfect spot in the Adirondacks”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband just brought me here for a weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. The little cabin we stayed in was absolutely perfect, and the staff was above and beyond. Everyone at Dartbrook is not only helpful, but takes obvious pleasure in their jobs and in running an excellent property. They made sure we were well fed with delicious food from their restaurant and market, equipped with walking poles and shoe grips for our hike and gave us lots of guidebooks and dvds to entertain us over the weekend. It is far and away the best run and most perfectly designed Inn in the area. The interior design is pitch perfect - classic Adirondack without getting kitschy. We are already planning our next trip back!

Our ONLY complaint was that the land around the cabins is relatively uninspiring. It would have been nice to be able to sit on our porch and look at a beautiful view... rather than having to hike or drive to get a pretty view. Because of this, we didn't lay around and relax in our room much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TLorelei

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is a review of my stay at the Dartbrook in late October 2013. My (now) husband and I were getting married at a nearby 11-room resort and were in need of a place for the rest of our guests to stay. While I had been to Keene before, I had not stayed at the Dartbrook. I found Dartbrook by searching TripAdvisor and seeing they had great reviews.
When I contacted the Dartbrook, almost a year in advance of my wedding, they were more than accommodating, and even blocked off their cabins so my guests could make their bookings. Several family and friends ended up staying at the various Dartbrook cabins and my husband and I even stayed two nights there. Beth, the manager, and the rest of the staff were wonderful. The cabins are beautiful, private, and extremely well-appointed. The property is nestled off of the road alongside a creek in a beautiful area of the Adirondacks. The drive from Keene to Saranac Lake (where my wedding was) is one of my favorite drives. All of our guests loved their stay at the Dartbrook. The restaurant on the property (ADK Cafe) was DELICIOUS and the guests loved eating their daytime meals there. I would certainly recommend the Dartbrook for your next Adirondack experience.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are adorable. We stayed in the North Center house and found it extremely spacious...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel F
NYC
Reviewed 20 January 2014

A fantastic stay at the Dartbrook Lodge! We chose the North Center House. The moment you walk into your suite/room you realize that every little detail/convenience has been thought of - flashlight and umbrella in the foyer, coffee/tea in the kitchen, handmade soaps in the bathroom - I could go on and on! The bed/bedding is so comfy, you may find yourself not wanting to get out in the a.m. - I recommend opening the blinds in the morning and enjoying the beautiful woodsy view from your cozy bed, with coffee! The bathroom towels are thick, pristine white and plentiful - hot water galore. Loved the gas stove, had it on every night - we had below zero temps while visiting and we were always toasty in our room, even the floors were warm!

We had taken a tour of the property/accommodations the previous summer and I can honestly say, every room/suite/cottage is more beautiful than the next. You will be overwhelmed with the quality of the furnishings and the overall attention to detail and cleanliness. Looking forward to Summer 2014 and another stay at the Dartbrook Lodge!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NycAlwaystraveling
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted to get out of the city for a weekend in the fall and chose to stay at the Dartbrook, because the reviews were great and the prices were reasonable. We weren't disappointed. The cabin was rustic, comfortable, and pleasant. The service was accommodating and friendly. The environs were beautiful.

On our first day we hiked the trail to cascade summit, which the Dartbrook front desk/concierge recommended to us. Terrific choice for beautiful views and close proximity to the Lodge. On our second day we needed to leave Keane a bit early due to an unexpected change of circumstance on our end. The Dartbrook was incredibly accommodating, a fact about which were were very grateful.

On sum, we would absolutely stay at the Dartbrook again and recommend it highly to others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We rented Keen Center House while attending a wedding. The
cabin was part of a three cabin unit. Situated for privacy, it was very quiet. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated in Adirondack style. It was very clean with a comfortable numbermatic bed. The kitchen was fully equipped. Situated about 20 minutes from the entertainment of Lake Placid, it is a nice location with lots of hiking opportunities. Keen is a small hamlet and very quiet at night. If you plan to eat meals out, the ADK Cafe is the only immediate place to dine in or out and was delicious. Dartbrook Lodge is a wonderful place to stay and we hope to do so again. It is also a great value!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

i proposed on 1 of the 46 peaks to my fiancee and then spent the weekend with our close friends at the dartbrook house. we rented out the 12-person house and not only was it amazing and clean, the price was very very reasonable for the size, view, and amenities.

i've stayed at fancy resorts on the beach, expensive urban hotels, etc., but this isn't just "best value", it's best regardless of the price.

gas powered fireplace, serene environment, plenty of bathrooms for family members, and that kitchen - my goodness, that kitchen is amazing. 2 sets of almost everything - even fine china.

if i didn't have a thing for not vacationing in the same spot twice, i would definitely return. dartbrook house!

Room Tip: dartbrook house at $600/night as of october for 12 ppl? incredible. book early, they are often sol...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Absolutely gorgeous and welcoming. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and did not want to leave. The cabin - we stayed at the Bell's House - was beautiful, thoughtfully decorated, clean and equipped with modern amenities, like a sleep number mattress and mini fridge, without compromising the rustic feel. They also provide wonderful locally made natural toiletries. Convenient to hiking trails and nearby restaurants, it was a perfect serene getaway in the mountains. I can't wait to head up there again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa

Been to Dartbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!