“absolutely lovely”

Ranked #2 of 2 Keene B&B and Inns
new jersey
“absolutely lovely”
Reviewed 19 January 2010

and incredibly comfortable; this has the feel of an Adirondacks lodge. The little cafe down the road has great food and takeout. Management is excellent.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This place was delightful. After having a difficult time finding places that weren't really expensive or sketchy, my girlfriend and I found the NYT article about Dartbrook lodge. We got a little lost getting there but the manager, Beth, was extremely helpful and got us situated even though we arrived much later then originally planned. The cabin was spotless, warm and inviting. The furniture was beautiful and the shower was outrageous (huge slate rain shower with local hand-made soaps). The staff was friendly but not pushy and we were able to enjoy the quiet get-a-way we were looking for. The place is also very eco-conscious.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
new york
Reviewed 26 October 2009

I stayed at the Dartbrook Lodge with my 11 year old daughter for 2 nights when I went to pick up my son at camp and it was absolutely wonderful. We stayed in Owl's head cottage which is large, very clean, new and perfect for a family (it was much larger than we needed but that was the only cottage available). The decor was rustic and the cabin was in a great location, the last one at the end of the road on the property. There was a big field surrounding the cabin. The owners are wonderful and very accommodating; they gave us great recommendations for hikes in the area. We will definitely be back, but for more than 2 nights.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We stayed for 2 nights this month and loved it! The cabin was meticulously clean and decorated to perfectlon in the Adirondack style. From the gas fireplace, to the well-stocked kitchen, to the really comfortable (adjustable firmness) bed, and the slate shower with a shower head the size of a sunflower (and great soaps), we were so happy with the place. The Cedar Run Bakery/Restaurant next door was really nice too, with good food, service and prices. We took one of their frozen meals back to the room to eat in that night and it was tasty. The waitress said it is very busy in the summer and winter, but that we missed the crowds by being there during the wk and just off season. So, if you're looking for peace, quiet and relaxation (and some good hiking) in a rustic, beautiful setting, then this is a great choice for you!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Although we were only able to stay for one night, our party (my husband and I and my mom) thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful place. We had two cabins that were adjoining (some are single and some are attached as ours). Each was roomy, comfortable and funished with absolutely beautful custom made Adirondack furniture. It was exactly what I would want my own cabin to be like if I was lucky enough to every have an Adirondack camp.

Some features of the room included a sleep number bed, wonderful bathroom, DVD player (they have mostly classic DVDs in the main building), wood stove, and full porch on our unit (my mom's didn't have porch).

The people were friendly, although we didn't see much of them (it's really the kind of a place where you're off enjoying the seclusion). Keene is a nice little town with a few restaurants you can walk to. And next door is a store where the craftspeople who make the furnishings for the camp sell their handiwork - well worth a visit even if you're not in the market. I spent some time happily exploring the store and deciding what I would buy when I win the lottery and get my Adirondackl house!

Highly, highly recommended - one of the nicest places I've ever stayed, and price quite reasonable.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Jersey
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Dartbrook Lodge is amazing -- no complaints whatsoever! Very accomodating and friendly staff --- go out of their way to make you feel at home -- and our cabin was immaculate, furnished and decorated to adirondack perfection, and the bed was soo comfy! Very close to trailheads and in a good location... Beware, however, there is only one restaurant in walking distance and Keene & Keene Valley are small towns that close up by 10!

Going back to dartbook next month!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
new york
Reviewed 2 March 2009

In seeking lodging in the Lake Placid area that best invokes the beauty and charm of the Adirondacks, look no further than Dartbrook Lodge. We absolutely adored the decor in our cabin--it's obvious that the staff spares no effort in attention to detail with their wonderful furniture (they produce it themselves). The bed was delicious, the living space comfy with a little fireplace, the shower and bath products luxurious, and the kitchenette was more than sufficient for cooking full meals. And compared to other similarly-appointed hotels and B&Bs in the area, it's modestly priced. The staff is extremely friendly and they go the extra mile to ensure the guests' comfort. They lend free DVDs at the front desk, provide free WiFi, and when I expressed how much I love the bath products, gave me a huge stockpile of them to take home!! Not only would we stay here again, we're going to make a habit of vacationing in the Adirondacks.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
Courtyard by Marriott Lake Placid
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid
Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort
Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa

Been to Dartbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!