“Peaceful and spotless!”
Review of Dartbrook Lodge

Dartbrook Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Keene B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My boyfriend and I wanted to escape NYC before school started again. This place was just perfect! It was so quiet and serene. We stayed in the North Center House where we had plenty of cozy space. We honestly didn’t want to leave and wished we had booked it longer. Not only was it romantic, it was also super clean! I am the type of person who won’t even sleep on my friend’s sheets. This place was so clean I didn’t even use the sheet or pillow I brought for the first time ever. There are plenty of attractions in the area, and breakfast was so convenient considering there is a little café right next store with scrumptious treats. AuSable Chasm, were we went hiking is only about 40 min away and the ride is spectacular. Lake Placid is also very close, and on the way there are hikes in all directions. And if you are into Adirondack style furniture, there is a place right next store! We had fun just browsing. We definitely plan on going back during the winter, and we have been recommending and bragging about this place to our friends and family. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2010

After staying in Long Lake,we arrived in Keene for the last part of our trip.The Dartbrook lodge was more than what we had expected.We actually wish we had spent the whole time here.It had been several years since my last visit to Keene and this trip brought my family and myself.
From the time we arrived Beth provided us with excellent service and ideas of adventures to embark on with the kids.The cabin had a rustic elegance to it,like none I've ever experienced.It was spotless and had the best of everything.
There was a sleep number Queen bed,wonderful rainfall shower,tv,and a beautiful porch with views of the high peaks and a meadow of wild flowers..
With the Cedar Run bakery next door we always could just walk over and have breakfast or a snack.Another good place was Tip a Canoe just a short walk up the street.(Beth also recommended it to us.It was very convenient to Lake Placid and many of the hiking trails,so all of our jaunts were very short.In a nutshell,excellent from top to bottom and I can't wait to return this fall.
The Dartbrook is my new Adirondack home away from home !

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Booked one night at Daybrook for a stopover picking up son from camp. Told my husband it was a cabin and he did not look happy. He is not the rough it type- more the four seasons type. At the last minute, he had to make the trip alone and when he got to Dartbrook, he emailed me to say the place was "rustically charming" and that he would go back. That's a heck of an endorsement, coming from him! Details beyond that were not forthcoming, as most men do not get into the specifics of decor and amenities. He missed the breakfast because he was so eager to go get the son, and because he is always watching his diet, and probably figured it would be too tempting.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Wonderful location in Keene, NY. Beautiful area and Dartbrook Lodge fit right in with its surroundings. Each "cottage" is beautifully furnished with comfortable Adirondack style furniture. Placement of the cottages has been maximized to preserve privacy. When we were there in August, grounds were blooming with wildflowers. Staff was responsive and pleasant. Our cottage had a small, well-equiped kitchen. Only complaint was that while there were four of all other dining necessities, there were only three coffee cups. Small criticism, indeed. However, I have no doubt that if we had asked, we would have had that 4th cup in a jiffy from the compltent staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My wife and I have stayed in several places in the Keene/Placid/Saranac arc, and this one wins the competition. I'm really torn to write this because I don't want to to have difficulty staying here i the future, but the owners deserve to succeed, and I've benefited so much from other' reviews on TripAdvisor (including the prior ones on Dartbrook). The lodge is conveniently located in the heart of Keene, yet somehow manages to create an atmosphere all its own (perhaps it's the meadows of wildflowers). The cabin we stayed in (Keene Center House) could NOT have been more beautiful or comfortable (Okay, the addition of a microwave would be nice, but that's it). The level of thought and detail that Jay and Steve have put into this place is remarkable, right down to the locally made soaps. Be sure to also check out the Dartbrook Rustic Furniture store as well....this, too, blows away the competition (not cheap, but amazing stuff). A most welcome addition to the resurgent Keene scene!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug46er
Reviewed 13 July 2010

My son and I needed a 4 day gettaway for fishing, Canoeing, and Golf. Dartbrook was a great base of operations. The hospitality was top notch and the bakery was terrific. All I can say is PERFECT!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I highly recommend staying at these cabins. Staff was super friendly and helpful, cabin was very comfortable and clean. Really nice touches, like handmade soaps...It was like my rustic, country cabin fantasy come to life. Perfect place to come back to and relax after a hike in the Adirondacks.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keene
Crowne Plaza Lake Placid
#1 of 14 in Lake Placid
RoosterComb Inn
RoosterComb Inn
#3 of 4 in Keene Valley

Been to Dartbrook Lodge? Share your experiences!