“The best part of my birthday!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keene Valley
Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Keene Valley B&B and Inns
Brimfield, MA
“The best part of my birthday!”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This was the second time I stayed at the Snow Goose. My birthday this year came at a pretty inconvenient time but I was desperate to get away for even one night. I'm so glad I spent it there. The weather was terrible and I didn't have much time but Amy & Wayne were so welcoming. They even had a card and small birthday gift waiting for me when I arrived. They are excellent hosts and tremendously nice people.

Room Tip: The room on the first floor has a small kitchenette and access to the porch in warm weather.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Southern Saratoga
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Amy and Wayne are the prefect hosts. Our rooms were comfortable and the breakfast terrific. I'm a picky eater and I was totally satisfied. From home baked muffins to fresh omelets, Wayne didn't miss a detail. Eating by the fireplace was certainly a plus!

They are both so knowledgeable about the outdoor activities in the area. Amy recommended we rent our snoe shoes from the Mountaineer in town and snow shoe at the Brewster Peninsula. Both great ideas!!

A+!!! We will be back. Thanks, Amy and Wayne!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Gardners, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My husband and I desparately needed a weekend away after a summer of biking and camping trips. It was nice to get away with nothing but our hiking boots and poles. Amy and Wayne were the best host and hostess of any B&B we have ever stayed in. Amy was very interested in what we intended to do and how early we were getting up for breakfast and they were very accommodating if we wanted a different time. She also asked if we had any food allergies or food that we didn't eat. We try to avoid wheat and they were able to make us delicious breakfasts without wheat! Our room with the kitchenette was perfect because we really wanted to be able to prepare other meals in our room if we didn't want to go out to eat. The Inn is very close to several trailheads and you can even hike into the network right from the backyard! We enjoyed ourselves and their company so much we were sad to leave! We will be going back when we get more time, perhaps in the spring!

Room Tip: Legacies has a kitchenette which was perfect for us because we don't like to go out all the time...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at the Snow Goose B&B. Our room (Harmonies) was spacious, quiet and charming. It would be nice to replace one of the desk chairs with a comfy upholstered chair more conducive to reading although you can make yourself at home in the living room or TV room. In order to not wake my husband, I took advantage of using the table & chair on the upstairs landing each morning for my quick internet updates. I heartily recommend being here for at least one weekend breakfast -- great presentation and oh so delicious. Amy & Wayne are great hosts, providing helpful recommendations on restaurants, trails and local information; Amy even drove us to the Rooster Comb trailhead so we were able to hike back to the inn. (There are lots of trails nearby.)

We are looking forward to returning soon. Next time we'll probably request the Passages room with the larger bed. We would love to be able to take advantage of the beautiful porch -- it was a bit too cool for that in November.

FYI, the only toiletry in the room was soap. I hadn't brought shampoo, but Amy provided a bottle for our use as soon as I asked.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at Snow Goose for nine nights while we visited the High Peaks area for the autumn colour (or leaf peeping as it is sometimes called!) Amy and Wayne are wonderful hosts, both friendly and great fun. The breakfasts were excellent and we had great conversations with our fellow guests and with Wayne and Amy. The room was spacious, warm and comfortable. The High Peaks area is beautiful, especially in autumn, and the tree colour was spectacular. The hiking is great and although the wildlife is elusive - we saw a beaver in broad daylight towing a very large tree trunk! We had really good food while we were there. The ADK cafe in Keene became our second home - thoroughly recommend that for great food and coffee.

Room Tip: If you are staying for more than a few nights - pick 'Legacies' which has a cooker and a fri...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hastings on Hudson, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. I agree with everything in the very positive reviews. Amy and Wayne are lovely down-to-earth people who give detailed tips on what hikes to take, where to eat for supper, what places to see. The Snow Goose is clean and pretty. Two things I would stress: first, this lodging is an affordable bargain for what you get. Second, the Keene Valley/Keene area is an extraordinary mountain locale. When you're here, make sure to take the drive from Elizabethtown West on 9N to Route 73. It's not far from the Snow Goose, and it has to be one of the most scenic 10 to 15 minute stretches of road in the country. Also, Baxter is a perfect 2.2 mile hike to wonderful views. Amy will tell you how to get there. (It's on that same stretch of road!)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony902
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We loved our too brief stay at the Snow Goose. Amy and Wayne are wonderful hosts who fed us well and who had great recommendations for hikes and restaurants.

Our room was spacious and clean and we had a hammock outside our front door. We stayed in the room with a small kitchen, which was very handy to store snacks and beverages and make tea in our room Although right off of a main road, it was a quiet spot and only minutes to Keene Valley.

The bed & pillows aren't as comfortable as our own but we had a very relaxing and restful stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Upper Jay
RoosterComb Inn
RoosterComb Inn
#3 of 4 in Keene Valley

Been to Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!