“Our hiking base camp - Comfortable and Pleasing”
Review of Keene Valley Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keene Valley
Keene Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keene Valley
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights here in the Beede Suite. 2 bedrooms with a bath and sitting area. We had our own entrance to the suite. Lori and George were our friendly and helpful hosts. Great fresh breakfast. Best eggs I can remember. The suite was very clean and comfortable, in the back of the property with a view of the backyard mountain range. High quality bedding, and full hot shower. We spent relaxing time in the main room chatting with other guests, and looking through the collection of Adirondack books. Excellent location, too, near trails , stores, restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Keene Valley Lodge

Reviewed 11 September 2011

We needed to be in the area for a wedding, and decided to stay here. It couldn't have been more perfect, with a lovely location, and delicious breakfast. The B&B proprietors truly love what they do, and they're always there at breakfast to chat about the area and local trails. The Notman Suite has a full kitchen, and the most delightful rainbow colored bedspread you've ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We are two ICU nurses as well as student nurse practitioners who frequently stay at KVL (three times already in august). After long days of beeping monitors and sick adults and children we have a profound appreciation for the peace, quiet, and beauty offered at KVL. We have adopted KVL as a refuge for multiple reasons. The rooms and common space speak for themselves there is no need for the over the top decorations like dead animals and antlers you find at the pseudo-lodges of lake placid. This is a real adirondack lodge with the perfect intersection of comfort and minimalism. The beds are comfortable and the breeze and pine scent coming in the window cannot be beat or bought anywhere else. As for breakfast, I have to drag myself away. It offers something for anyone, espectially if you are planning a long day on the trail (we are very avid hikers who have traded backpacking for nights at the KVL). Lastly, we look forward to seeing the staff every morning, discussing hikes, but appreciate the laissez-faire approach of checking in and making yourself comfortable. Its especially nice when you deal with people all day every day. Its rare to find people so trusting with something so special. We really appreciate the peace of mind we find at KVL and it is just enough to return to the long days and beeping monitors. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Keene Valley Lodge is a big old house, full of character, comfortable, clean, and hosted by two delightful, welcoming and well-informed innkeepers. Breakfasts are plentiful and tasty, including a different kind of homemade muffins every day. The wrap-around porch is a delight for unwinding after a day of touring this historic area in New York's Adirondack Mountains. Free WiFi is available (on the first floor), and house phone may be used to call anywhere in the United States at no charge. We are repeat visitors and recommend it most highly!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2011

If the only draw were the muffins, I would still make the 5 hour drive from NYC! Let's start with the buffet breakfast. Innkeepers George and Laurie alternate when it comes to making and hosting breakfasts. The whole wheat muffins are always full of huge chunks of fruit, and are served freshly made every morning. This is aside from the coffee, freshly ground every morning, bread from the Dogwood Bakery, some type of eggs, fruit, cereals, etc. The dining room is comfortable and the kind you can linger in.

My wife and I have been coming here since George and Laurie's opening year. We know the inn as a couple, pre-kids, and now as a family. It is the perfect home-base for cross-country skiing and hiking in the high peaks. It is a no-frills, but exceptionally comfortable and warm inn. It is the perfect destination after a backpack or a camping trip. We savor the clean rooms and bathrooms, the warm main room with a fireplace, games, piano, and guide books. No one looks at you funny if you need to dry out camping equipment in the yard behind the lodge. Most important, we appreciate the friendliness of the inn keepers. We have always viewed KVL as a home away from home. We always feel welcome, and it is consistently with heavy heart that we leave this inn for the city.

But to get back to what is really important: the best muffins north of NYC! And you can eat as many as you want!

Room Tip: Room #2 is our favorite. The Notman suite is perfect for smaller families.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Lovely, inviting, comfortable. I've been coming to the Adirondack area since childhood. Stayed in lots of places. The town (Keene Valley) I think is perfect. Great little library, good eating spots including Noonmark Diner (I love to have a diner just a walk away), art gallaries and shops. There is the confluence of two streams. And of course the Mountaineer store with all the equipment needed. Just perfect.
And the Keene Valley Lodge fits right into this perfectness. Not stuffy at all - very much like home (if you had a home in the Adirondacks with a big fireplace and beautiful woodwork and a grand piano). George and Linda are great hosts - very low profile but help when you need it. Breakfast is vegetarian - fruit and oatmeal, eggs and homemade bread. Very good coffee (I appreciate that on vacation). All help-yourself (we bused ourselves as well - it feels right there).
We've had extended family stay at the Lodge as well. Big porches and common room to gather in. Also a fire spot just by the river. We watched a near-full moon come up over the river this past August while sitting around the fire. Great stuff.
All-in-all a perfect spot. In fact, as I finsh writing this I'm thinking we should keep it secret. But only fair for more people to enjoy!
One thing to know if it bothers you: the Lodge is close to a busy road. Trucks go by. Motorcycles. We are very used to it and doesn't bother us.

Room Tip: well described in website - we were able to get various family into the right rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have stayed at this B&B several times in the past few years and I am always amazed that it is as good as I remember it every time I return. George and Laurie Daniels are the owners and chief cooks for breakfasts. They always make me feel welcome and are at the ready with tips and secret spots for great hikes to suit any weather.

I applaud the housekeepers as well! the place is immaculate and welcoming, often there are fresh flowers on the tables and the rooms are always neat and clean, (and I'm really picky about clean rooms!).

I will keep coming here and bringing friends with me to enjoy the area hikes and the great breakfasts!

Room Tip: My favorites are #2, 3 and 4- they have private baths.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
#3 of 4 in Keene Valley
Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast
Snow Goose Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 4 in Keene Valley

Been to Keene Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!