“Great spot for dinner!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I made reservations for 7 men, who all had hearty appetites. The waitress was a lovely and very friendly girl, who informed us while during our orders that the tip would be included in the bill because our party was over 6 people, which we all understood. We all shared and enjoyed an order of duck wings, which were in a tasty sauce with a little bite. For the entrees, we ordered the Delmonico steaks, haddock, and prime rib. All were delicious and served they way we ordered, from medium rare to well done. The waitress and owner continually checked on us to see that we had everything we needed. We all left full and very satisfied with our meals.
Several of us don't live in the area but we all plan to go there again next year as a group and during the year with our families.

1  Thank Sterling H

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stopped on the way to Lake Placid. Food was terrific. Soups were very good, cream based, but not too heavy. Great service. Worth the stop!

1  Thank Killer67
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I think the person below (Bill K-Utah) went in the side door instead of the front and the wait staff may have thought someone else was attending to him since he was already seated.

A group of coworkers and I went to lunch there and had a delicious meal. The Hungarian Mushroom soup is excellent and the pies are very good too. I rarely order pie because I prefer my own pie baking but the raspberry rhubarb did not disappoint.
After lunch we sat out on the sunny deck and talked for another couple of hours.
We're talking about going back soon.

1  Thank Pat W
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The food was good, not exceptional.

After waiting for several minutes to be seated, we finally grabbed a table and waited for service that never came. We did not realize that the hostess's station was in the REAR of the restaurant, out of sight! Finally, we insisted on talking to the waitress who had carefully ignored us. Only then did we learn how the system worked.

In a very small town with limited choices, this was a good, reliable choice for the two nights we were there.

1  Thank Bill_K_Utah
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Recommended by our B&B we went there two nights out of three. Both evening I had the specials, NY Strip and Prime Rib, both we cooked as requested and the meat had flavor. A must in my opinion would be to get he Hungarian Mushroom Soup one of the best soups I've had. We visited Oct-18 and the were lucky we got there early, I would recommend reservations even in the shoulder season.

1  Thank squidder