“Pleasantly surprised..... (and despite the name, it's not Mexican)”
Review of Amigo's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amigo's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Grand Island, NY
“Pleasantly surprised..... (and despite the name, it's not Mexican)”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I wish the rating system was out of ten because 4 is too low, but I hate giving anything a perfect score... but this place was such a pleasant surprise.....4.5 sounds right.

It's definitely casual, but on the upscale end of it, the decor is nice, but simple. But the food was the star. We found all our food to be excellent. Calamari was awesome, as was the soup. Pot roast was fantastic (who'da thought that?) and our server was very good. The wine pour was decent (a very important point for any establishment).

And the pricing was reasonable.

We'll be back.

• Visited May 2013

West Seneca, New York
“AMIGO'S-mexican? but really Italian/American”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Went for lunch is the nice, clean setting of Amigo's, a friend's favorite. Greeted warmly by staff, we were seated in the very empty dining room which makes one wonder how these wonderful little places stay open. The menu is more Italian/American than Mexican but I am told this is Mexican...
great selections of old favorites-I chose a Reuben on pumpernickel with delicious homemade french fries-and, to be honest, I had to send it back to the kitchen because the meat was cut wrong which made the corned beef very tough. I did have a cup of the seafood chowder-which was soooo tastey and wonderful, I am coming back for that alone! My 2nd sandwich was delicious! Mistakes happen-and between the great friendly service and delicious food-I am forgiving this error-and anticipating my next bowl of seafood chowder! yum! ...a little pricey-$14 for a Chicken Caesar salad...but all of us were happy!

• Visited February 2013
Buffalo
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We visited Amigos based on the fact that we had a $25 coupon, but the food and service made us want to return. The place is cozy and the decor is very nice, with a dining room on one side and a bar on the other. The food was not inexpensive, but the quality was high. They give you fresh bread with a delicious oil and balsamic dip and their salads are more than adequate. Our server was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She immediately let us know what the limitations of our voucher were in a polite way and was helpful throughout. While the food took a while to arrive, I'll chalk that up to it being freshly cooked. I had chicken parm and my wife had a fillet. Both meals were perfectly cooked and portioned well. The kicker was when I mistakenly placed a cash tip in the bill folder AND marked the credit card receipt with the same tip. Instead of pocketing the extra tip, which would have been MY fault, our server only charged my card for the meal and deducted the tip. Honesty, good service, and good food are traits that we will not forget. Amigos will be a return trip for us and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Visited January 2013
Buffalo, NY
“Standard Fare”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The cream of chicken & banana pepper soup was a standout - unique take on an old standby. The service was attentive, the food good and the atmosphere very nice, albeit a bit empty at lunch time. A bit on the pricey side for this market, but all in all a decent dining experience.

• Visited October 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Great food, great atmosphere, good prices”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We have visited Amigo's several times and always enjoy it. The restaurant has two sides for dining. One side is a pretty dining room with very comfortable booths and tables. The other side is the bar which is set up nicely to eat right at the bar, or at tables if you prefer. The food is freshly prepared and delicious. There are interesting daily specials. The steak sandwich and hamburgers are excellent. The Friday fish fry is big and tasty. Service is good and the friendly owners are right there making sure everything is going well. Prices are extremely reasonable. Great dining experience or casual meal.

• Visited May 2012