“All things considered, I will not stay at this Super 8...”

Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kenmore
Kenmore
“All things considered, I will not stay at this Super 8...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

All things considered, I will not stay at this Super 8 again if I have a choice. On the upside, the location was convenient, the staff was very friendly and the showerhead massage worked. The breakfast was adequate. On the downside, the bed was low, the pillows were flat, the Wi-Fi worked the first time but not on subsequent attempts and one of the chairs looked close to collapse. Worst of all, there was a freight train line too close by and a train rumbled by at least twice each night. Improvements are possible for everything except that darn train.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Nelson H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Service at front desk is good. Breakfast adequate. But very thin walls and floor boards. Can hear every step and move of room above us on second floor. Can hear trains going by periodically. Poor internet wifi conncection. Overall, ok value for price paid.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

JimLerwick, Owner at Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank You for your review. I am sorry that your stay was a bit noisier than it should have been,but we do try very hard to keep noise to a minimum. You will be pleased to know that we have changed internet providers to give our guests faster and better connectivity.We hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
Coventry
Reviewed 20 May 2014

First the one and only compliment, Lisa is fantastic and a very pleasant person. If you can sleep through a train whistle, then by all means stay here. All times of the night it went by. Now onto the four nights we stayed there. First night, room smelled strongly of wintergreen. It's in the bed. I couldn't wait take off my pajamas and take shower. The shower had mold, the rugs needed a good vacuum. There was still stuff on the floor from a bad vacuum job. The room was dusty. I mean I could write my name on the base of the tv. I went to open a window, it was filthy and had black mold in the channels so I closed it. There were cigarette ashes on the stairs. Thursday night's clerk was smoking in the vestibule with the door open. Smoke just blew right in, up the stairs. Breakfast, well let's just say go to one of the diners. No room to sit and eat. On our 2nd night we had to have a key reset because, ??. Third night same thing, plus housekeeping took our dirty towels and didn't replace them . My husband went downstairs, yet again, and the desk clerk said "let me see if I can hint some down". Fourth night, key reset and no housekeeping at all. I had to go get towels yet again. Needless to say my daughter is in Buffalo two more years and we will stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I am sorry that your stay was not as it should have been. The housekeeping issues you raised were immediately addressed and corrected. i invite you to call me directly to discuss things further.
Owner/Manager

Travellers are raving about these Kenmore hotels

Reviewed 16 May 2014

It was a good stay...the fact that they took pets was the BIGGEST PLUS..alittle noisy on some nites but was adressed immediately..the staff was very helpful with whatever your needs where.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are pleased that you and your furry family member had a pleasant stay with us! We look forward to seeing all of you again.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The staff and management are wonderful here. They make you feel like you are rite at home. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank You for your review. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and that it "felt like home." We look forward to seeing you again.
Owner/Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenmore
Super 8 Niagara Falls/Buffalo Area
#2 of 6 in Fort Erie
Econo Lodge South
Econo Lodge South
#18 of 24 in Buffalo

Been to Super 8 Kenmore/Buffalo/Niagara Falls Area? Share your experiences!