“Cleanest Motel Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chelsea Motel

Chelsea Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kerhonkson
Chelsea Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kerhonkson
Larchmont, New York
“Cleanest Motel Ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

As a rock climber, I have stayed in motels all over the US and this is the best I have ever been to. The linens were crisp. The carpet was clean. The bathroom well scrubbed. Only complaints were the super thin walls that retained no sound barrier.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lady_Kazumi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I've stayed at the Chelsea many times while climbing at the Gunks, just 10 minutes away. I have always had a very clean room with comfortable beds and friendly service, no matter what time I showed up.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank John D
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Chelsea Motel for one night. We were traveling to nearby monastery and needed a place to stay. I had looked into camping options (which were surprisingly pricey) and read so-so reviews on other nearby motels. Thus, I was very happy to have found Chelsea Motel and it was a wonderful surprise to read the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

The motel is owned by a family and I really liked that I was supporting a family owned establishment instead of a chain motel. I called and made the reservation with Kiera who is very sweet and helpful. I emailed them to confirm the reservation and heard back from her husband, David, who was also very thoughtful in his reply email.

I was very impressed by the incredibly clean room. The room had a (seemingly) new fridge and microwave, as well as air-conditioning (which I didn't use). The bathroom was also very clean. I stayed in Room 7 (a corner room in the back) which was very quiet. I really appreciated that since I needed to get up by 4am. The beds were soft and I suppose comfort level for that is a personal matter. I don't like hard beds so it worked well for me. I had no problems with the Wifi and I was surprised and grateful since I was a bit far from the office.

There is also a lovely lotus pond outside with some happy frogs. I wish I had been able to arrive a bit earlier and spend some time relaxing by the pond or the stream.

The parking in the back is a bit on a slope so just be mindful. I'm not so great with parking and accidentally parked partially on the grass, which has pipes underneath,. Thankfully, David informed us and my friend parked my car correctly. :P So, please be careful and don't park on the grass like me. (Sorry, David!)

Thank you for a wonderful stay and I will definitely be recommending this motel to my friends and family.

-rachel

Room Tip: The rooms in the back (#7 and up) are away from the main road and closer to the pond.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cycloholichica
Conway, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

A nice option to camping if you are rock climbing at “The Gunks”. Very clean but small and outdated rooms. Wi-Fi signal was very poor and we were in room #2, very close to the office so I figured we would have a decent connection. Beats tenting it at the MUA and not over-priced or dirty like some of the chain hotels in New Paltz. Wish we had requested one of the back rooms as the grounds look much nicer back there and the narrow raised walkway access on the front building is a bit inconvenient when loading/unloading the vehicles. Will definitely stay there again (but asking for one of the back rooms)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AlpineStart78
Lowgap, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Great place to stop on a motorcycle. You can park right at the door. The rooms are dated but very clean. The owner is very friendly and helpful. The room had a microwave and fridge as well as cable TV. We will stop again when we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bob P
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

You can't go wrong with this motel. the room was very clean albeit basic, the bed comfortable and best of all, the price was right. We paid $65+tax for a weekend night, while the least expensive motel in nearby New Paltz would go for over $100. I doubt we'd have gotten a better room there.

Remember, this is a roadside motel, so don't look for any special amenities. You get towels and bar soap, so bring your own toiletries. You need to run the hot water for a minute or two before you enter the shower, but it eventually heats up. Also, we stayed at the front row of rooms which were close to the road (mostly silent at night, some traffic in the morning), so if there are rooms available in the back row (rooms 7-12) try to get one of those.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front row of rooms which were close to the road (mostly silent at night, some traff...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eyal S
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

The Chelsea Motel has very reasonable rates for a clean room with refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV. We stayed in the back section which is quiet and in a very pretty, wooded area - very nice for relaxing outdoors. The owner is pleasant and accommodating. This is one of the few motels in the area, and we will certainly stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank KLK-NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kerhonkson
Minnewaska Lodge
Hudson Valley Resort and Spa
Days Inn Wurtsboro
Days Inn Wurtsboro
#1 of 1 in Wurtsboro

Been to Chelsea Motel? Share your experiences!