When we first booked with the hotel, I spoke with a very nice lady who charged me for six people instead of five, so that was the beginning of the process. When we arrived at the dude ranch and went to our room, the carpet had not been vacuumed from the previous guests. Not a great first impression. Breakfast was good, lunch not great but edible, and dinner was sometimes good but sometimes terrible. I ordered one night mac. & cheese, it was cold and the portion was kid-sized. I make better at home (and I am not the best cook either!) We had a waiter and waitress that seemed to not get along at all. The smell emanating from the bad water was just terrible, and they used it for a lot of things. The one thing that really impressed me were the family's children who helped run the ranch. They were lovely and seemed to have a better handle on customer relations than the adults there. The outdoor and indoor lifeguards were very nice. But the indoor pool was gross. The person making the appointments for horseback riding seemed bored and behaved as though he were doing us a favor (I thought we spent enough money on this place). When we did go horseback riding, I felt some apprehension because I had had a bad experience years ago so I was nervous. The buxom blond who matched me up with my horse picked the most sullen, bad-tempered horse in the lot (I had even told my son before we went riding that that had to be the most ugly horse I'd ever seen). The only person in our family who really seemed to enjoy himself was my 21 year old son who got involved in some activities. Otherwise, it was something I wouldn't do again. Our timeshare in New Hampshire is more fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Dude Ranch. Packages include Room, Meals, Activities & Entertainment. Choice from Restaurants plus a Food Court for lunch and Free Snack Bar from 11am to 11pm. Horseback Riding, Hayrides, Indoor & Outdoor Pools with Doubleflume Waterslides, Kids Playground, Bouncing Pillow, Mini-Golf & More. Family Fun at Afforable Rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinegrove Ranch And Family Resort
- Pinegrove Ranch & Family Hotel Kerhonkson
- Pinegrove Ranch Resort